Life of the mother is not a reason to kill the baby in the womb......what 1,000 Doctors say....

They get an abortion, because of the risk of having to be an adult, and be responsible and raise a child.

Here we have a whole lot of Doctors who say that they can save the life of a mother without killing the baby in the womb....

Is abortion needed to save the lives of women? The data says no.

Even back in 2013, a study to determine “why women seek abortion in the US” found that only 12 percent of women cited “health-related reasons” for their decision to abort. These “reasons,” though, could be anything from back pain to mental health concerns — many times a far cry from “medically necessary.” In fact, this study found that the “most frequently mentioned theme” mothers referenced for ending the lives of their unborn children was related to finances.

The reality is that women don’t require abortion to save their lives. As of January 2023, the Charlotte Lozier Institute found that only 0.2 percent of abortions occurred due to “risk to the woman’s life or a major bodily function” (emphasis mine).

“Nothing could be further from the truth” than the idea that abortion is “medically necessary” to save a woman’s life, said Dr. Anthony Levatino — an obstetrician-gynecologist and board member of the American Association of Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists (AAPLOG) — in an interview with Live Action.

Levatino, who worked at one of the top high-risk obstetrics hospitals in America for nine years, said he’s “saved hundreds of women from life-threatening pregnancies” through early induction and C-sections, never once having to deliberately kill a child in the process.
-------

only 12 percent of women cited “health-related reasons” for their decision to abort. These “reasons,” though, could be anything from back pain to mental health concerns — many times a far cry from “medically necessary.” In fact, this study found that the “most frequently mentioned theme” mothers referenced for ending the lives of their unborn children was related to finances.

I'm pro-life and there are only a couple of instances where I think this is true: mostly ectopic pregnancies, which implant outside the womb, usually in the fallopian tube. In that case, the baby is not going to survive and, should the tube rupture, the mom's life is actually at risk. However, most pro-life people understand this and make that exception.

TBH I can't think of another one, ESPECIALLY late in pregnancy. With the advances in preterm care there is simply no reason to kill a baby for whatever health issues the mother is having.

HEALTH

Fact check: Do abortions really happen in final days of pregnancy?​

BY RACHAEL RETTNER
OCTOBER 21, 2016 / 10:04 AM / LIVESCIENCE.COM

At the final presidential debate, Donald Trump said abortions could happen “on the final day” of a pregnancy if Hillary Clinton becomes president, but experts say this is very unlikely and does not accurately reflect the reality of abortions in the United States.

During the debate, Trump said Clinton’s position on late-term abortions would mean “you can take the baby and rip the baby out of the womb in the ninth month, on the final day.”

However, an abortion so late in pregnancy is “incredibly unlikely,” said Elizabeth Nash, the senior state issues manager at the Guttmacher Institute, a reproductive health research organization. “That just isn’t the experience around abortion that women have” in the United States, Nash said. [5 Myths About Women’s Bodies]

In fact, the vast majority of U.S. abortions occur early in pregnancy. In 2012, 91 percent of abortions in the U.S. took place in the first 13 weeks of pregnancy, while just 1.3 percent occurred at 21 weeks or later, according to the Guttmacher Institute.

What’s more, an abortion late in pregnancy is often difficult to obtain, Nash said. Most states have laws that place restrictions on abortions at some point in pregnancy — for example, many states ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, and others ban abortions after a fetus is viable (meaning it could survive outside the womb), which is often defined as either week 22 or week 24 of pregnancy.

After the specified time point, the only way for a woman to obtain an abortion in many states is if the pregnancy threatens her health or life.

Do you seriously not know that some states still allow and have practitioners that perform late-term abortions?

Whether they "allow" them or not, there are no 8 month abortions. But I will note again, if there was it would be because of the overturn of RvW.

Whether they "allow" them or not, there are no 8 month abortions. But I will note again, if there was it would be because of the overturn of RvW.

You seriously never heard of the Gosnell case? Just for one?

No wonder we're in such a shape. People are ignorant.

Oregon--abortions available AFTER 24 weeks

Gosnell, third trimester "abortions". He didn't get in trouble for committing them, but because he let the babies beyond the cervix alive and then murdered them with scissors.

So, on one side of the cervix: legal abortion

On the other side: murder

You seriously never heard of the Gosnell case? Just for one?

No wonder we're in such a shape. People are ignorant.

Fool. There are cases of cannibalism but that's hardly relevant. No laws will stop those intent on breaking them. Where is Gosnell right now?

In prison.

It's kinda scary that you are a teacher (supposedly).

Fool. There are cases of cannibalism but that's hardly relevant. No laws will stop those intent on breaking them. Where is Gosnell right now?

In prison.

It's kinda scary that you are a teacher (supposedly).

Vermont, NM, Minnesota, NJ and Oregon have no restrictions on late term abortions.

There were approximately 930 abortions after 24 weeks in the US in the year 2020, just as one example.

Do you always have to get so viciously insulting when you're wrong? Grow up.

Forum List

Back