Liberty U Defies Calls For Coronavirus Closures

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
"Liberty’s president, Jerry Falwell Jr, defied nationwide calls for mandatory school closures, inviting students to return amid a worsening coronavirus pandemic. Falwell is a major and vocal backer of Donald Trump and evangelicals are a core part of the president’s support base."

That guy Falwell Jr. is something else. Is this guy afraid his flock will fly away? He must be advising Trump on this issue, as well. Is Easter the reason to get all the students, all 5000 of them, back to celebrate? Is this why Trump says all should resume back to normal at Easter time? I don't exactly know, but IMO it sounds like an irresponsible action. Not heeding science and completely disregarding Trump's own task force recommendations doesn't make any sense. Maybe they all can pray it away.

“I think we, in a way, are protecting the students by having them on campus together,” Falwell said. Falwell then invoked a since disproven theory that young people “don’t have conditions that put them at risk”

From the coronavirus map, it looks like LU may be surrounded by cases in the very near future. Guess he is not making enough money fining students for petty shit when they are not actually there.

Of course, if there is an outbreak there now, and if these kids go home and infect their parents, siblings, grandparents, friends, co-workers and communities, ya know why that will be?

God's Will.

Trumpism is now officially dangerous.

38vfp3.jpg

makes me wonder if donny chose easter for a reason....

"Liberty’s president, Jerry Falwell Jr, defied nationwide calls for mandatory school closures, inviting students to return amid a worsening coronavirus pandemic. Falwell is a major and vocal backer of Donald Trump and evangelicals are a core part of the president’s support base."

That guy Falwell Jr. is something else. Is this guy afraid his flock will fly away? He must be advising Trump on this issue, as well. Is Easter the reason to get all the students, all 5000 of them, back to celebrate? Is this why Trump says all should resume back to normal at Easter time? I don't exactly know, but IMO it sounds like an irresponsible action. Not heeding science and completely disregarding Trump's own task force recommendations doesn't make any sense. Maybe they all can pray it away.

“I think we, in a way, are protecting the students by having them on campus together,” Falwell said. Falwell then invoked a since disproven theory that young people “don’t have conditions that put them at risk”

I think President Falwell knows a little bit more about running a world class university than most of your liberal leaders. I am not one to second guess such a tremendous Real academic.

You would think that their insurers would put a stop to this.

Maybe the insurance company doesn't see it as much of a risk? If they were to close the school, the individuals might still get sick and further, most college aged kids don't get very sick from the Chinese Kung Flu.

A big customer like Liberty U is an attractive one for an insurance company to service.

I think President Falwell knows a little bit more about running a world class university than most of your liberal leaders. I am not one to second guess such a tremendous Real academic.
Hedge Fund U. Who U foolin'

Liberty is the largest, private, non-profit university in the country. A tremendous institution founded by outstanding leading theologian Dr. Jerry Falwell Sr.

You would think that their insurers would put a stop to this.

Maybe the insurance company doesn't see it as much of a risk? If they were to close the school, the individuals might still get sick and further, most college aged kids don't get very sick from the Chinese Kung Flu.

A big customer like Liberty U is an attractive one for an insurance company to service.
More likely they haven't told the insurers. Remember its not just kids on campus. Lots of people work there.

Liberty is the largest, private, non-profit university in the country. A tremendous institution founded by outstanding leading theologian Dr. Jerry Falwell Sr.

the same jerry falwell who thought tinky winky was gay.

Quackery 101. Is that your major?

Dr. Falwell was actually correct about that, the Teletubbies were part of the long term homosexualization of youths.

When I was a little kid, sodomy wasn't glorified.

Dr. Falwell was actually correct about that, the Teletubbies were part of the long term homosexualization of youths.

siily you....there wasn't anything gay about them. all jerry was interested in was hawking cheap crap while he gave false salvation.

Being a teletubbie expert perhaps you can tell me which one is the gay one?

1585167675752.png

Last edited:

Being that you advertise as Polish, I may assume you are a Catholic? Hmmm.

Because nothing fails like prayer...

Actually, you are all wet there. During the Battle of the Bulge, Gen. Patton ordered an appropriate prayer to moderate the weather, Almighty God cooperated and Bastogne was relieved.

During the Battle of Lepanto, Pope Pius V led public prayers to the Blessed Mother and she interceded on behalf of the Holy League, dealing a major blow to the Jihadis.

Forum List

Back