Libertarian sells out and calls fire department

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
Hypocrite!

CHEYENNE, WY—After attempting to contain a living-room blaze started by a cigarette, card-carrying Libertarian Trent Jacobs reluctantly called the Cheyenne Fire Department Monday. "Although the community would do better to rely on an efficient, free-market fire-fighting service, the fact is that expensive, unnecessary public fire departments do exist," Jacobs said. "Also, my house was burning down." Jacobs did not offer to pay firefighters for their service.

LINK

Hypocrite!

CHEYENNE, WY—After attempting to contain a living-room blaze started by a cigarette, card-carrying Libertarian Trent Jacobs reluctantly called the Cheyenne Fire Department Monday. "Although the community would do better to rely on an efficient, free-market fire-fighting service, the fact is that expensive, unnecessary public fire departments do exist," Jacobs said. "Also, my house was burning down." Jacobs did not offer to pay firefighters for their service.

LINK

He should have let his house burn down just to show those bastards

I am sure he paid all of the fire departments expenses incurred for fighting the fire?
And why would a Libertarian have fire insurance?

Again

The Onion

The Onion is an American news satire organization.

Idiot wingers should actually start looking at the source or maybe just the simple concept of whether it is REAL or not

Again

The Onion

The Onion is an American news satire organization.

Idiot wingers should actually start looking at the source or maybe just the simple concept of whether it is REAL or not

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't know what's funnier, the story or that they thought it was real . . . . :lol:

Hypocrite!

LINK

How is it hypocritical to use a service you pay for? Lefties are weird.

The security guards don't have the full authority of police.

We demand true free market law enforcement! And free-market juries! I should be able to hire whatever jury members I want when I'm charged with a crime.

Hypocrite!

LINK

How is it hypocritical to use a service you pay for? Lefties are weird.

Because all the folks who were responsible homeowners and didn't burn their houses down are having to pay their hard earned dollars to help this idiot put out his house fire. I dunno about you, but from where I come from, we call that WEALTH REDISTRIBUTION.

It would make far more sense to abolish fire departments and allow people to take personal responsibility and pay for their own free market fire service, either directly in cash as needed, or through a free market insurer.

The Onion...Funny.

I wonder if the moonbat collectivists hooting and snickering here have bothered to consider whether the mythical libertarian was given a choice as to whether he'd pay his taxes to support the fire department, or what other choice he had when calling for assistance.

I wonder if the moonbat collectivists hooting and snickering here have bothered to consider whether the mythical libertarian was given a choice as to whether he'd pay his taxes to support the fire department

He can go live in the mountains. He's free to live outside of the cities and towns.

or what other choice he had when calling for assistance.

He can call any other libertarian who wants to start a private firefighting service. Are you saying they don't exist? Are you saying that they can't compete in the market against the evil communist fire department?

Speaking of wealth distribution, why am I paying to pave the road in from of his house?

And who paid for his phone line?
You're paving the road in front of his house because he pays fuel and vehicle taxes, just like you.

Who paid for his phone line was the same company that held a gubmint enforced monopoly over the right-of-way granted for that line.

Any more silly questions?

Forum List

Back