Liberals value education:FALSE

You don't think there will always be some ahead of those ways and manage to cheat anyway? Please!
Not if they aren't even in the room and don't see the tests.
I was in one classroom where the teacher read the reading passage and questions to the student!! I asked what are you doing???!!!! The answer from the teacher, "Well he can't read it. I read everything to him!"

Was it possible that student was a special education student with an IEP which allowed him or her to have a reader on those tests?

No. He was in a regular classroom with no psych on him and without the help of specialized teachers. But that didn't change the facts that he needed to have an accurate score for evaluations later that year.

Uh, excuse me, but that doesn't mean a thing! Are you a certified teacher? If not, why are you even commenting on things about which you do not know, i.e. special education?

I teach six classes a day and I have special education students in all of them. I have one class that has a special education collaborating teacher.
and isn't she supposed to be helping students with IEP's? I do know about Special Ed when it comes to qualifying for services.

You don't think there will always be some ahead of those ways and manage to cheat anyway? Please!
I was in one classroom where the teacher read the reading passage and questions to the student!! I asked what are you doing???!!!! The answer from the teacher, "Well he can't read it. I read everything to him!"

Was it possible that student was a special education student with an IEP which allowed him or her to have a reader on those tests?

No. He was in a regular classroom with no psych on him and without the help of specialized teachers. But that didn't change the facts that he needed to have an accurate score for evaluations later that year.

Uh, excuse me, but that doesn't mean a thing! Are you a certified teacher? If not, why are you even commenting on things about which you do not know, i.e. special education?

I teach six classes a day and I have special education students in all of them. I have one class that has a special education collaborating teacher.
Do the students in the other classes get services too if they have an IEP?

Of course! What would be the purpose of IEPs if they didn't?

You really are a rookie at this topic.

and isn't she supposed to be helping students with IEP's? I do know about Special Ed when it comes to qualifying for services.

Yes, but so am I! There are just more in that class than I can handle by myself.

I was being nice instead of calling you out. I was on the Psychological committee with the psychologist that recommends placement or not placing in special classes after we tested students.

Yes, but so am I! There are just more in that class than I can handle by myself.
Understandable. That's why a self contained Special Ed class is preferred. A smaller classroom with more strategies to use with each and every student. Not just an hour if they are lucky when they are in the regular classroom.

I was being nice instead of calling you out. I was on the Psychological committee with the psychologist that recommends placement or not placing in special classes after we tested students.

With respect, you have not called me out on anything. That would require you actually knowing about the topic.

Some kids even if given intensive 1 on one instruction, never come close to reading at grade level. Its no fault of anybody's just the way it is. My wife was a teacher and due to ieps made up 7 different lesson plans for each period she taught to diffetentiate for a total of 19 students. 6 periods per day x 180 days = 540 lesson plans per year...and got paid peanuts. I know I would never do that for this american youth. Take that one to the bank.

With respect, you have not called me out on anything. That would require you actually knowing about the topic.
What has you going off on the deep end?

Understandable. That's why a self contained Special Ed class is preferred. A smaller classroom with more strategies to use with each and every student. Not just an hour if they are lucky when they are in the regular classroom.

OK. Why did you just advocate violating federal law? Do you not know what "least restrictive environment" means?

Some kids even if given intensive 1 on one instruction, never come close to reading at grade level. Its no fault of anybody's just the way it is. My wife was a teacher and due to ieps made up 7 different lesson plans for each period she taught to diffetentiate for a total of 19 students. 6 periods per day x 180 days = 540 lesson plans per year...and got paid peanuts. I know I would never do that for this american youth. Take that one to the bank.
Bravo for her! Those IEP's are a bitch!

You try to talk as though you know the topic, but have been making statements that show you are clueless.

OK. Why did you just advocate violating federal law? Do you not know what "least restrictive environment" means?
That doesn't mean that is the best method, just cheaper.

I wish truly she were not so dedicated for the students and parents were not worthy of her services. She made a mistake.

Why anyone would teach when they could make double in the private sector with half the effort is beyond me. Plus people hate your guts on top of it.

You try to talk as though you know the topic, but have been making statements that show you are clueless.
Maybe I should have qualified my experience. I have been retired for some time but when I was working, I was Consultant, Title I teacher, Psychological services committee for 1 building, and building rep. In that 32 years, I was exposed to many facets of education.

Forum List

Back