Liberals value education:FALSE

No. He was in a regular classroom with no psych on him and without the help of specialized teachers. But that didn't change the facts that he needed to have an accurate score for evaluations later that year.

Uh, excuse me, but that doesn't mean a thing! Are you a certified teacher? If not, why are you even commenting on things about which you do not know, i.e. special education?

I teach six classes a day and I have special education students in all of them. I have one class that has a special education collaborating teacher.
and isn't she supposed to be helping students with IEP's? I do know about Special Ed when it comes to qualifying for services.

Yes, but so am I! There are just more in that class than I can handle by myself.
Understandable. That's why a self contained Special Ed class is preferred. A smaller classroom with more strategies to use with each and every student. Not just an hour if they are lucky when they are in the regular classroom.

Actually, the current trend is a preference for inclusion.
They were going that way when I was there, too. It's all about the bottom dollar. When I was teaching 80IQ was the cut off for special education for mentally retarded, academically challenged, etc. When I left, it was 70 IQ for too many were qualifying for those expensive services. And, they were running out of qualified teachers.

No. He was in a regular classroom with no psych on him and without the help of specialized teachers. But that didn't change the facts that he needed to have an accurate score for evaluations later that year.

Uh, excuse me, but that doesn't mean a thing! Are you a certified teacher? If not, why are you even commenting on things about which you do not know, i.e. special education?

I teach six classes a day and I have special education students in all of them. I have one class that has a special education collaborating teacher.
and isn't she supposed to be helping students with IEP's? I do know about Special Ed when it comes to qualifying for services.

Yes, but so am I! There are just more in that class than I can handle by myself.
Understandable. That's why a self contained Special Ed class is preferred. A smaller classroom with more strategies to use with each and every student. Not just an hour if they are lucky when they are in the regular classroom.

How do you come down on inclusion?

I just read that California is going to pass a bill that basically says a student doesn't have to pass any standardized testing to get a high school diploma. It also says that they don't have to pass class to get one. I keep hearing that liberals love education but what type of education are you going to get if you don't have to pass anything? Just show up and breathe and you will get a diploma. What is the worth of these diplomas if every retard in the world can get one!
Many non students go to school. As long as they do the minimum pass them.

Would you rather make school harder for the masses?

The same non student in math might become a master plumber or great car salesman. So what they don't care about English.

Do you realize how many kids just skate by? You're being unrealistic. The smart ones will try. The dumb ones will work on the line for Toyota or Honda.

Working for a low wage is nothing to be proud of. Its humiliating in a way.
Let me put it this way. I used to have those magical days where a difficult concept was grasped by all of the students. More than once I left thinking "YES!"" Wahlah! I know some people take drugs to get high but my high was when someone finally came through with mastering a concept. It's a great feeling for a teacher!

I had small classes 10-13 per half day and only taught reading and Language Arts. I made my own curriculum, worksheets, testing, even parent evaluations.

Last edited:

How do you come down on inclusion?

When, where, and to the extent practical, I'm all for it.

Forum List

Back