Liberals value education:FALSE

I commend them as $75 grand ain't all that much. I made 5 x that and put in half the effort.

Of course! What would be the purpose of IEPs if they didn't?

You really are a rookie at this topic.
I was being nice instead of calling you out. I was on the Psychological committee with the psychologist that recommends placement or not placing in special classes after we tested students.

With respect, you have not called me out on anything. That would require you actually knowing about the topic.
What has you going off on the deep end?

You try to talk as though you know the topic, but have been making statements that show you are clueless.
Maybe I should have qualified my experience. I have been retired for some time but when I was working, I was Consultant, Title I teacher, Psychological services committee for 1 building, and building rep. In that 32 years, I was exposed to many facets of education.

I appreciate the info. So how do you explain your apparent lack of knowledge regarding special education? Your questions and vague statements indicated you knew very little IMHO.

I have no idea what a psychological services committee is, but I suspect it is like our Academic Review Committee but a psychologist may or may not be required..

I was being nice instead of calling you out. I was on the Psychological committee with the psychologist that recommends placement or not placing in special classes after we tested students.

With respect, you have not called me out on anything. That would require you actually knowing about the topic.
What has you going off on the deep end?

You try to talk as though you know the topic, but have been making statements that show you are clueless.
Maybe I should have qualified my experience. I have been retired for some time but when I was working, I was Consultant, Title I teacher, Psychological services committee for 1 building, and building rep. In that 32 years, I was exposed to many facets of education.

I appreciate the info. So how do you explain your apparent lack of knowledge regarding special education? Your questions and vague statements indicated you knew very little IMHO.

I have no idea what a psychological services committee is, but I suspect it is like our Academic Review Committee but a psychologist may or may not be required..
I do know those teachers work hard sometimes under difficult situations and I know the criteria needed to qualify for services. That's about it.

Was it possible that student was a special education student with an IEP which allowed him or her to have a reader on those tests?

No. He was in a regular classroom with no psych on him and without the help of specialized teachers. But that didn't change the facts that he needed to have an accurate score for evaluations later that year.

Uh, excuse me, but that doesn't mean a thing! Are you a certified teacher? If not, why are you even commenting on things about which you do not know, i.e. special education?

I teach six classes a day and I have special education students in all of them. I have one class that has a special education collaborating teacher.
and isn't she supposed to be helping students with IEP's? I do know about Special Ed when it comes to qualifying for services.

Yes, but so am I! There are just more in that class than I can handle by myself.
Understandable. That's why a self contained Special Ed class is preferred. A smaller classroom with more strategies to use with each and every student. Not just an hour if they are lucky when they are in the regular classroom.

Actually, the current trend is a preference for inclusion.

Forum List

Back