Liberals salivating for a ban on football; Chicago Tribune.

You are an idiot.

True, given the fact the vast majority of liberals are football fans.

Why would they support a sport that goes so hardly against everything they believe in?

Football has absolutely NO care for diversity. Look at its players, especially in college. Mostly black, a few white. Almost no asians or hispanics. Doesn't reflect society at large.

Football has no "share the wealth" mentality. It's winner take all. And it's violent. It is also very intolerant of gays, and only in recent years has any form of womens football existed, but not in HS, college or NFL.

In college football, the "workers" dont get anything, while the rich school rakes in billions of dollars.

Its a very violent game, didn't I mention, and we know liberals hate violence. The coaches work 80-90 hour work weeks. Breaking every labor law known to man. Merit is based only on performance. There is no affirmative action in picking players. No spreading the wealth when winning games. Its ultimate survival of the fittest......and liberals support this?

I dont get it. WHy would a liberal support an activity that goes against everything they believe in?

Nah. Just like other bastions of manliness in Western culture....liberals have their sights set on this sport.

Among the more idiotic aspects of this thread is there is absolutely no way to ‘ban’ football legislatively.

Sure there is.

Southern Methodist University had is football program put on the "death penatly" after school, NCAA and government officials investigated and shut it down.

Dog and chicken fighting are "sports" that were banned.

Mixed Martial Arts (UFC style fights) were BANNED in most states until 2005 when $$$ started to flow. The state of New York still has not passed legislation allowing UFC there, which is why MSG hasn't hosted one yet. They do, however, forsee this coming.

Sports can indeed be banned. We're talking liberals here. They've banned salt, lemonade stands and baggy pants. They'll find a way.

Saving American football - Chicago Tribune

Liberalism has set it's sights on anything traditionally manly in society. Guns, the military, the police, testosterone, big fast cars, big dogs, smoking, fatty foods, sport fighting.

It was only a matter of time before they came after football.

This ObamaLand liberal in the link is foaming at the mouth at the thought of one day having football banned. I suspect he'll find pleny of Dem voters who agree.

You should read links before you post them. Nowhere does the author suggest that football be banned. He argues that pro football is dying because the inherent dangers will be a deterrent to new people joining the sport.

If they wanna play a safe game that has great sportsmanship, they can play soccer.

Football is a violent, ruthless game that wont tolerate losers or softness. Leave it alone.

Don't know much about soccer, do ya?

That is one dumbass liberal. Junior Seau killed himself because he couldn't figure out how to live outside of the game. Period. Liberals will never let a good crisis go to waste.

To be fair, we don't know why he killed himself. In any case, there is no need to worry that football will be banned.

If they wanna play a safe game that has great sportsmanship, they can play soccer.

Football is a violent, ruthless game that wont tolerate losers or softness. Leave it alone.

Are you suggesting that soccer is violent and ruthless?

You don't know much about soccer either, do you? :lol: I've never seen a guy get his ear torn his head while playing football. I've seen it with soccer, though. Many years ago I dated a girl who played college soccer. That girl really loved the game, and she was damn good too. After the ninth concussion her doctor ordered her to give up the game. After the eleventh, he informed the school. Such a shame. That girl had international potential.

You don't know much about soccer either, do you? :lol: I've never seen a guy get his ear torn his head while playing football. I've seen it with soccer, though. Many years ago I dated a girl who played college soccer. That girl really loved the game, and she was damn good too. After the ninth concussion her doctor ordered her to give up the game. After the eleventh, he informed the school. Such a shame. That girl had international potential.

I used to think that soccer was a "nice" game too. That is until my daughter was "drafted" to be the goalkeeper for her HS team. I went to several games. My opinion of the sport was quickly changed. These girls are tough and the game gets nasty.

So you are trying to say that soccer is violent and ruthless? You really want to do that to yourself?

In the most recent NEISS survey, soccer continued to have one of the higher numbers of annual injuries. In the year, the estimated incidents of soccer-related injury were at a high 198,679.

My niece played soccer in high school and college. She has had two knee operations and still has problems.

Last edited:

Liberalism has set it's sights on anything traditionally manly in society. Guns, the military, the police, testosterone, big fast cars, big dogs, smoking, fatty foods, sport fighting.

This ObamaLand liberal in the link is foaming at the mouth at the thought of one day having football banned. I suspect he'll find pleny of Dem voters who agree.

Did you even read the article? There is plenty of research showing the damages to the brains of football players. You wantto celebrate this??

"The NFL's data shows 154 concussions -- from practices or games -- were reported from the start of the preseason through the eighth week of the 2010 regular season."
from: Reported concussions up 21 percent from 2009 - ESPN

154 concussions?? You think this is acceptable for our entertainment?? Do you know what repeated concussion do to the human brain?

Now I am not saying ban football, and neither did the author of the article you posted. But we need to find some way to protect these kids.

wow, and the story is just chock full of lies and accusations based on lies.

the tribune has completely gone to shit

much like the dnc

so my surprise has been quelled.

They way football is going - every game will look like the NFL Pro Bowl.

(NFL thinking of getting rid othe the thing)

All major league all-star games should be gotten rid of IMO.

Forum List

Back