Liberal think: New $444 million hockey arena is still a go in Detroit

I was not aware that the owners of The Redwings were Liberals

right in the OP buddy boy

city's plans to spend more than $400 million in Michigan taxpayer funds on a new hockey arena for the Red Wings.

Why doesnt the Redwings organization tell the people of Detroit that they are grateful for 60 years of support and will be happy with their old arena till Detroit gets back on its feet?

You wouldn't get 100 people to show up for a track meet

Conference meets draw thousands, but they are only once per year.
When I ran track our dual meets would draw maybe 30-50
Even the counties and sectionals were mostly family

Track meets...:eusa_hand: If you want your son or daughter to be persuaded against having kids; take them to one of these regional track meets. After about 6 hours and when they realize that there are about 12 hours left in the meet, look them in the eye and tell them that if they have kids, they will have to do this several times a school year; per child...

I'm going to say this one more time.......Football Is King In Texas !!!!!
I can promise you they had overwhelming support to build the stadium.
More NFL QBs come from Texas then anywhere else. They play 7 on 7 football in the off season to groom QBs for the NFL.
WE LIKE OUR FOOTBALL !!!!! And we dont mind paying for it.

As far as lessons to be learned in detriot? Dont let liberals run your city comes to mind.

Since popularity trumps good sense, should #1 Best Seller Fifty Shades of Grey replace Beowulf?

Those that run Allen ISD are pretty liberal too, it seems

Is there any reason to think that Allen is cutting education elsewhere for the stadium?
If you use common sense yes. Do you think a high school valedictorian can look at a stadium and tell the difference between a $60M and one that cost only $20M? I guarantee you she couldn't. I guarantee you that nobody on the football team and likely none of the coaches could either.

If you were to spend $99M on education that cuts across all gender, social, and income strata and $20M of the bond float on a football stadium that basically benefits only male students (I assume that girls soccer is played there too but who knows for sure) and a very small percentage of them...you'll be better equipped to fulfill the mission of the school.

Hell, if nothing else, they can offer new programs for the entire student body...not just a small percentage of one gender.

Are the kids making crappy grades?
It's rated 113 in the state. I'd hate to see the stadiums at the 112 better schools.
In fairness, Texas is a big place and the 113 rating puts them very high up there.

Could they be better? Yes.

If it's a quality school and they have the money because the people support it,I dont see the problem.
Sure, if they paid for it at one time...but they didn't do that; it's a bond issue that will still have to be paid if things aren't so rosy financially. According to nearly every thread on this message board, we, as a nation, are fucked financially and the next catastrophe is always right around the corner--you post here often and you see that. You think Allen, Texas will be spared?

And when you consider how much the poorer districts cost the the wealthier ones due to the robin hood plan? I say more power to em,because they already give more then their fair share to the poor districts.

Hockey is "king" in Michigan. The Red Wings have been around for a gazillion years. Does that justify their building a stadium?

I was not aware that the owners of The Redwings were Liberals

city's plans to spend more than $400 million in Michigan taxpayer funds on a new hockey arena for the Red Wings.

Why doesnt the Redwings organization tell the people of Detroit that they are grateful for 60 years of support and will be happy with their old arena till Detroit gets back on its feet?

so it is the redwings fault?

:lol:

must not blame liberals...

According to the link in the OP, if it goes through it will be because of Governor Snyder and his appointed city manager...Kevin Orr

It's an argument that has convinced Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and Kevyn Orr, the emergency manager he appointed to oversee the city's finances, to stick with the plan.

Neither are liberals.

Having the people pay for the rich owners stadiums is a joke. How the people can't figure out that they're being screwed I have no idea. I remember good old Don Perrata in Oakland being paid 12,600 bucks an hour when he was working for Al Davis to get the Raiders back to Oakland. A bigger example of political corruption played out in plain view would be hard to come up with but the feds and the CA DOJ ignored it 'cause he was a liberal Democrat.

Did you see this new stadium being built?

679091.jpg

Yes, it's a brand new stadium complete with a press box, patios that local businesses can rent-out for parties, it will have training facilities, state of the art playing surface, and of course it will be a single-use facility.

Is it professional? No.
Is it for a college? No.

It is a high school football stadium being built in suburban Dallas to the tune of $60,000,000. Not surprisingly, the total amount floated in the bond issue was a measly $119,000,000; over half went to building the stadium. Estimates are that it will go completely unused for 300 days a year.

In brick red conservative Dallas.

The bricks are red because of the color of the soil in the area, just like in OKC.

Since popularity trumps good sense, should #1 Best Seller Fifty Shades of Grey replace Beowulf?

Is there any reason to think that Allen is cutting education elsewhere for the stadium?
If you use common sense yes. Do you think a high school valedictorian can look at a stadium and tell the difference between a $60M and one that cost only $20M? I guarantee you she couldn't. I guarantee you that nobody on the football team and likely none of the coaches could either.

If you were to spend $99M on education that cuts across all gender, social, and income strata and $20M of the bond float on a football stadium that basically benefits only male students (I assume that girls soccer is played there too but who knows for sure) and a very small percentage of them...you'll be better equipped to fulfill the mission of the school.

Hell, if nothing else, they can offer new programs for the entire student body...not just a small percentage of one gender.

It's rated 113 in the state. I'd hate to see the stadiums at the 112 better schools.
In fairness, Texas is a big place and the 113 rating puts them very high up there.

If it's a quality school and they have the money because the people support it,I dont see the problem.
Sure, if they paid for it at one time...but they didn't do that; it's a bond issue that will still have to be paid if things aren't so rosy financially. According to nearly every thread on this message board, we, as a nation, are fucked financially and the next catastrophe is always right around the corner--you post here often and you see that. You think Allen, Texas will be spared?

And when you consider how much the poorer districts cost the the wealthier ones due to the robin hood plan? I say more power to em,because they already give more then their fair share to the poor districts.

Hockey is "king" in Michigan. The Red Wings have been around for a gazillion years. Does that justify their building a stadium?

Sorry...the liberal claptrap and avoidance of answering my actual questions make it impossible to answer your post.

Nigga Please.......

So you think the City of Detroit is forcing this arena on the Redwings?

Unfortunately, the way things work in sports is the teams threaten to move if the City doesn't come up with a new arena/stadium

The city caves and the team makes hundreds of millions on the deal

Yes, I blame the Redwings

Unfortunately, the way things work in sports is the teams threaten to move if the City doesn't come up with a new arena/stadium

The City could say NO. Considering they're broke and all............

The City could say NO. Considering they're broke and all............

They can and they should

And the Redwings should stick with he city until it gets back on its feet

Sorry...the liberal claptrap and avoidance of answering my actual questions make it impossible to answer your post.

Nigga Please.......

Running away so soon?

Forum List

Back