Liberal Education That Leads To Murder

Every killer has his tale to tell explaining why what he did was not his fault. He got no love from his mother. His wife cheated on him. The Nazis killed his grandfather. His brother had been drafted and killed in Vietnam. His neighbor's dog was Satan. A guy flipped him off on the expressway. Somebody hit his car in a parking lot. The government wanted to take away his gun. Somebody stole his watch at the gym, or in Zimmermann's case, the guy looked suspicious, and needed to be confronted. Why anyone dignifies such crap as valid alibis is beyond me.

"Why anyone dignifies such crap as valid alibis is beyond me..."

Is this post an attempt to deny the truth of his statement.....i.e., no such 'lesson' could be gleaned from his curriculum?

So....you surmise that he confessed to the killing and maiming....but pretended that he was taught various defamations about white folk?

You think that makes sense?

I know, let's kill economists for not suggesting that double-entry accounting be mandatory in the schools for the last 50 years.

Only the White ones. Beat the crap out of the non-White ones.

:badgrin:

psik

I know, let's kill economists for not suggesting that double-entry accounting be mandatory in the schools for the last 50 years.

Only the White ones. Beat the crap out of the non-White ones.

:badgrin:

psik

Not sure what your point is, hackr.....

Maybe this fits:

"Good news: Brazilian prez blames financial crisis on “white people with blue eyes”
POSTED AT 8:30 PM ON MARCH 26, 2009 BY ALLAHPUNDIT

I guess I’m in the clear. Good stuff, though: If there’s anything we need more of in an age of economic terror and populist rage, it’s racial demagoguery. What, no Jew-baiting?

President Lula said it was completely unfair that the poorest people in the world were suffering most for the mistakes of wealthy, Western financiers…

President Lula, head of Brazil’s main left-wing party, said that ‘no black man or woman, no indigenous person, no poor person’ had been in any way culpable for the global banking crisis.

‘I’m not acquainted with any black banker,’ he said. ‘The part of humanity that’s responsible should pay for the crisis.’"
Good news: Brazilian prez blames financial crisis on ?white people with blue eyes? « Hot Air

Or this......

Teaching Math in 1950:
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

Teaching Math in 1960:
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

Teaching Math in 1990:
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

Teaching Math Today:
By cutting down beautiful forest trees, the logger makes $20. What do you think of this way of making a living?
Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the forest birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down the trees? There are no wrong answers.

Bullshit.

And I'd add, if you need me to teach you basic algebra skills, you shouldn't ever get to my classroom. College level math is about learning how to think analytically, apply problem solving techniques, and use the mathematical tools you've learned. It's about logic, thorough investigation, and precision.

I'd also add, the Texas Board of Education is one of the most influential forces in the USA for determining what goes into textbooks. If you really are finding Math books with that bullshit, and I personally have never once seen that, then you need to talk with them. Because if they decide something shouldn't be in a textbook, it pretty typically doesn't make the cut.

Wow....you really got upset...

That usually means the point is spot on.

"A study of more than 2,300 undergraduates found 45 percent of students show no significant improvement in the key measures of critical thinking, complex reasoning and writing by the end of their sophomore years.

-Overall, the picture doesn't brighten much over four years. After four years, 36 percent of students did not demonstrate significant improvement, compared to 45 percent after two."
Study: College Students Not Learning Much - Eye on Parenting Blog - CBS News

Every killer has his tale to tell explaining why what he did was not his fault. He got no love from his mother. His wife cheated on him. The Nazis killed his grandfather. His brother had been drafted and killed in Vietnam. His neighbor's dog was Satan. A guy flipped him off on the expressway. Somebody hit his car in a parking lot. The government wanted to take away his gun. Somebody stole his watch at the gym, or in Zimmermann's case, the guy looked suspicious, and needed to be confronted. Why anyone dignifies such crap as valid alibis is beyond me.

Is this post an attempt to deny the truth of his statement.....i.e., no such 'lesson' could be gleaned from his curriculum?

So....you surmise that he confessed to the killing and maiming....but pretended that he was taught various defamations about white folk?

I'll bow out gracefully. I had not noticed that you quote Ann Coulter on your signature line. I would just as soon argue the merits of athiesm with the Pope...and about as productive.

I got a rather liberal education at one of those radical schools, taught by some of the world's most famous lefties and nobody there advocated killing white people.

"I got a rather liberal education at one of those radical schools,..."

Evident.

Yes, I'm sure it is.

Try not to envy me too much.

I got some lucky breaks.

I'll bet you can guess exactly how much I.....envy...you.
Why, some might even say I'm yellow with envy.

I'll bow out gracefully. I had not noticed that you quote Ann Coulter on your signature line. I would just as soon argue the merits of athiesm with the Pope...and about as productive.

The reality is you realize how birdbrained you post was.

Ta ta.

"A study of more than 2,300 undergraduates found 45 percent of students show no significant improvement in the key measures of critical thinking, complex reasoning and writing by the end of their sophomore years.

-Overall, the picture doesn't brighten much over four years. After four years, 36 percent of students did not demonstrate significant improvement, compared to 45 percent after two."
Study: College Students Not Learning Much - Eye on Parenting Blog - CBS News

Outside of the STEM programs, students typically aren't required to take Mathematics past the Freshman year. Typical college degree plans call for at most 1 full year of math. Once you stop actually doing Math, you lose it incredibly quick. There are studies about the retention of math ability that would shock the heck out of you. Ditto writing skills and the ability to read critically.

There was a push not long ago for "writing across the curriculum" to encourage students to retain their writing and critical thinking skills after they're past the freshman level required courses. The problem was the "thinking critically" was seen as some sort of Liberal code word and protested strongly against.

As for my anger earlier, I do apologize. But understand, I personally see Mathematics as being the single most critical topic to master if you want to understand science, technology, business, economics, etc. I've seen a growing trend inside academia to try to downplay my discipline's importance and a growing trend outside academia to demonize the teaching of the topic. Honestly it just pisses me off.

There is a difference between anger and violence. As much as I love my cat, I get pretty angry at him when he goes outside his box. I have yet to kick or hurt him.

Again, the Bible, specifically the Old Testament, has some pretty violent punishments for folks that transgress. If someone that goes to church commits a hate crime, is the Pastor somehow responsible for that violence after teaching that sexual immorality is a sin?

In general, stupid violent people do stupid violent things. After the fact they look for the validation for what they've done. This is the truth today. It's the biggest motivator for terrorism in the Middle East. Poor angry people find a rational to act on their anger.

Last edited:

There is a difference between anger and violence. As much as I love my cat, I get pretty angry at him when he goes outside his box. I have yet to kick or hurt him.

Again, the Bible, specifically the Old Testament, has some pretty violent punishments for folks that transgress. If someone that goes to church commits a hate crime, is the Pastor somehow responsible for that violence after teaching that sexual immorality is a sin?

In general, stupid violent people do stupid violent things. After the fact they look for the validation for what they've done. This is the truth today. It's the biggest motivator for terrorism in the Middle East. Poor angry people find a rational to act on their anger.

"Poor angry people find a rational to act on their anger."

True....yet that has nothing to do with the quote to which you were, ostensibly, responding.

The point is he has no reason to lie about the thrust of the teaching which he interpreted as an urge to murder....nor do I doubt that said teaching could have been interpreted as inimical to white folks.

There is no excuse for pejorative messages in said teaching.
If you doubt that, imagine the group targeted had been one of the 'authentic' minorities, and see how any excuse for same falls flat.

If you doubt that, imagine the group targeted had been one of the 'authentic' minorities, and see how any excuse for same falls flat.

One, I don't know the topic that the guy was taking when he heard that stuff. I took a few African and Latin America history courses in college and some pretty damning stuff about the USA was said, but in all fairness to the professor, CIA and KGB intervention in those areas have been pretty damning in and of itself. I myself teach a History of Mathematics course, and when the topic of Hypatia and the final true Greek mathematicians comes up I say some pretty damning stuff about the Catholic Church because, let's face it, it was a Christian mob incited to riot that killed her.

In general though, there's a difference between pointing out factual occurences (the CIA overthrew democratically elected governments in Latin America. The Catholic Church shut down the Grove of Academia) and outright racial intolerance. I'd be curious why on Earth that stuff came up.

But even if the teacher crossed a line, unless he was advocating violence himself, he's not responsible. That's just how it is. It doesn't matter if he's advocating against homosexuality (as many clergy do), against black people, etc. Legally we only hold someone responsible for another person's actions when they directly advocate that action or when they actively enable it.

A lot is missing from your post that might explain the murders under other theories...

1. What race was he and was he Black?
2. Was he new to America and did not know its history? (sounds like it)
3. At the university level he did not know about colonialism? (impossible)
4. The only programs that might foster racial hatred would be Black History and the study of Malcolm X
5. He may have been responding from a new perspective of his race.

None of these are adequate reasons for why one student would use information learned in college to murder others....Your argument is similar to the "video game theory" of murder and does not apply to other university students. Your blanket application to all universities and students is ludicrous. It is obvious from your many posts that you have not attended a university. People should not discuss areas in which they have little knowledge and The Blaze is a poor source for citation.

Last edited:
Saying "Liberal Education" is right wing justification for having no education at all.

A lot is missing from your post that might explain the murders under other theories...

1. What race was he and was he Black?
2. Was he new to America and did not know its history? (sounds like it)
3. At the university level he did not know about colonialism? (impossible)
4. The only programs that might foster racial hatred would be Black History and the study of Malcolm X
5. He may have been responding from a new perspective of his race.

None of these are adequate reasons for why one student would use information learned in college to murder others....Your argument is similar to the "video game theory" of murder and does not apply to other university students. Your blanket application to all universities and students is ludicrous. It is obvious from your many posts that you have not attended a university. People should not discuss areas in which they have little knowledge and The Blaze is a poor source for citation.

What makes you believe it was my theory?

From the OP:

. He confessed to the crimes during his testimony last week, adding some chilling details about his motivation. And prosecutors argued that Thandiwe was fueled by racist hate against whites.

...he still remembers what prompted the violence by his own twisted rationale. He cited anti-white ideas he learned at university.

You should learn to read more carefully.

Perhaps it was the school you went to that caused you to be so careless....

Could be?

Saying "Liberal Education" is right wing justification for having no education at all.

You seem to regularly show a.... sensitivity.... to the term 'education.'

It it the lack thereof that has produced such resentment for folks who have one?

This is why you shouldn't have jumped at the first one you saw advertised on the back of a book of matches.

Look at the bright side.....you do a mean sketch of a pirate.

One, I don't know the topic that the guy was taking when he heard that stuff. I took a few African and Latin America history courses in college and some pretty damning stuff about the USA was said, but in all fairness to the professor, CIA and KGB intervention in those areas have been pretty damning in and of itself. I myself teach a History of Mathematics course, and when the topic of Hypatia and the final true Greek mathematicians comes up I say some pretty damning stuff about the Catholic Church because, let's face it, it was a Christian mob incited to riot that killed her.

In general though, there's a difference between pointing out factual occurences (the CIA overthrew democratically elected governments in Latin America. The Catholic Church shut down the Grove of Academia) and outright racial intolerance. I'd be curious why on Earth that stuff came up.

But even if the teacher crossed a line, unless he was advocating violence himself, he's not responsible. That's just how it is. It doesn't matter if he's advocating against homosexuality (as many clergy do), against black people, etc. Legally we only hold someone responsible for another person's actions when they directly advocate that action or when they actively enable it.

"But even if the teacher crossed a line,..."
Interesting phrase. Even if, and all.....

I notice that you haven't mentioned any occasion during which any praise of the United States could be forced out of you.
Careful not to 'cross the line,' huh.

Some of the Catholic students in your classes might even appreciate that.

It it the lack thereof that has produced such resentment for folks who have one?

This is why you shouldn't have jumped at the first one you saw advertised on the back of a book of matches.

Sorry. I don't have a BS in Bible Study. Or some might call it, a "Double BS".

Sorry. I don't have a BS in Bible Study. Or some might call it, a "Double BS".

Judging by the quality of your work, you don't even have a high school diploma.

True?

Forum List

Back