Liberal and Atheist Billionaire Richard Branson asking for bailout money from government

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
This guy needs to wallow in his filth and go bankrupt.

"As Forbes pointed out at the time, Mr Fuller’s estimation of Branson’s net worth assumes the £3.8 billion is a cash asset that can gain interest sitting in a bank account. Branson’s net worth is compiled from a network of public and private investments. His current cash pile sits at £520 million ($600 million).

Branson responded to this in his letter: “I’ve seen lots of comments about my net worth–but that is calculated on the value of Virgin businesses around the world before this crisis, not sitting as cash in a bank account ready to withdraw. Over the years significant profits have never been taken out of the Virgin Group, instead they have been reinvested in building businesses that create value and opportunities. The challenge right now is that there is no money coming in and lots going out.”

Last month, Branson moved to protect the futures of his 70,000 employees announcing a $250 million rescue package. A spokesperson for Branson confirmed that the $250 million would come from “Richard and Virgin group” and would not be paid by Virgin Atlantic."

"Tax Trouble

On claims that Branson does not pay U.K. income and capital gains tax on his investment success, Branson uses the letter to address, “comments about my home.” Adding, “Joan and I did not leave Britain for tax reasons but for our love of the beautiful British Virgin Islands and in particular Necker Island, which I bought when I was 29 years old, as an uninhabited island on the edges of the BVI. "

"Government Money

Branson also gives the clearest indication yet that Virgin Atlantic desperately needs government money to survive this pandemic warning that “hundreds of thousands more jobs will be lost” across the sector.

He adds, “we will do everything we can to keep the airline going–but we will need government support to achieve that in the face of the severe uncertainty surrounding travel today and not knowing how long the planes will be grounded for."

960x0.jpg

Hands up. This is a stickup!

I think Branson should get it for no other reason than you felt the need to make the fact that he's an atheist a factor in this.

How fucking stupid of you...

I think Branson should get it for no other reason than you felt the need to make the fact that he's an atheist a factor in this.

It's about money, so with supply and demand it shouldn't make a diff but he's asking for a hand out now. Thus, hell no sounds fitting.

It's about money, so with supply and demand it shouldn't make a diff but he's asking for a hand out now. Thus, hell no sounds fitting.

Utterly fucking ignorant to bring his religious beliefs into this, as if those beliefs should play any role, whatsoever, in whether or not someone can get money...

The Short-Fingered vulgarian will find a loophole to grab his share too. But for now, he's turned to Deutsche Bank again for yet another bailout. He only owes him more than he's worth already, so it shouldn't be a problem! :)

When did Branson become a "liberal" ?
He is a fucking tax dodging tory.

Branson loves the politics of George Soros, that should give you an idea on who he really is. He is constantly supporting social agendas. Like all rich liberals, he loves his money more than his values. He is a liberal Brit, enjoy the bloke.

The
This guy needs to wallow in his filth and go bankrupt.

"As Forbes pointed out at the time, Mr Fuller’s estimation of Branson’s net worth assumes the £3.8 billion is a cash asset that can gain interest sitting in a bank account. Branson’s net worth is compiled from a network of public and private investments. His current cash pile sits at £520 million ($600 million).

Branson responded to this in his letter: “I’ve seen lots of comments about my net worth–but that is calculated on the value of Virgin businesses around the world before this crisis, not sitting as cash in a bank account ready to withdraw. Over the years significant profits have never been taken out of the Virgin Group, instead they have been reinvested in building businesses that create value and opportunities. The challenge right now is that there is no money coming in and lots going out.”

Last month, Branson moved to protect the futures of his 70,000 employees announcing a $250 million rescue package. A spokesperson for Branson confirmed that the $250 million would come from “Richard and Virgin group” and would not be paid by Virgin Atlantic."

"Tax Trouble

On claims that Branson does not pay U.K. income and capital gains tax on his investment success, Branson uses the letter to address, “comments about my home.” Adding, “Joan and I did not leave Britain for tax reasons but for our love of the beautiful British Virgin Islands and in particular Necker Island, which I bought when I was 29 years old, as an uninhabited island on the edges of the BVI. "

"Government Money

Branson also gives the clearest indication yet that Virgin Atlantic desperately needs government money to survive this pandemic warning that “hundreds of thousands more jobs will be lost” across the sector.

He adds, “we will do everything we can to keep the airline going–but we will need government support to achieve that in the face of the severe uncertainty surrounding travel today and not knowing how long the planes will be grounded for."

960x0.jpg

Hands up. This is a stickup!
The amusing thing about your thread is the title.
If he was black it would have been "liberal and black billionaire'
If he was jewish it would have been 'liberal and Jewish billionaire'
If it was Donald Trump Jr. it would have been "Trump's son makes brave choice to solicit bailout funds to protect employees"

Branson loves the politics of George Soros, that should give you an idea on who he really is. He is constantly supporting social agendas. Like all rich liberals, he loves his money more than his values. He is a liberal Brit, enjoy the bloke.
He may be a liberal by US standards but in the UK he is seen as a Thatcherite tory scrounging off the state. His social agendas are neither here nor there. He is the unacceptable face of capitalism.

He may be a liberal by US standards but in the UK he is seen as a Thatcherite tory scrounging off the state. His social agendas are neither here nor there. He is the unacceptable face of capitalism.

He is liberal by any standards, you nuts just hate the rich.

Forum List

Back