LGBTQ+ groups "demand" that Target restock pride merchandise

Ralph Norton

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2022
"The organizations laid out a three-part demand calling on Target to restock all the Pride merchandise both in stores and online; ensure the safety of Target employees; and release a statement "reaffirming their commitment to the LGBTQ+ community" within 24 hours."

"You are in a position to demand nothing"
- Khan Noonien Singh
'Wrath of Khan'

I doubt Target has lost billions and if they have will take the position that it is only temporary, which gives them the excuse to continue their damaging woke policies. FJB and the WOKE community.

It's around 12 billion... doubt all you want but it is. I'm hearing stockholders are calling for the CEOs head.

I doubt Target has lost billions and if they have will take the position that it is only temporary, which gives them the excuse to continue their damaging woke policies. FJB and the WOKE community.
You had better look it up... all stores sales are down because of the poor economy... but none have dropped harder and more than Target has...

You had better look it up... all stores sales are down because of the poor economy... but none have dropped harder and more than Target has...
Apples and Oranges. Retail losses and stock prices are two different things. Target stock will rebound as long as sales do the same.

Apples and Oranges. Retail losses and stock prices are two different things. Target stock will rebound as long as sales do the same.
If retail sales were up their stack value wouldn't be falling like a rock... I don't know where you went to school to learn economics but you are wrong... they are not two different unrelated things.... both are entwined and related.... one goes up the other follows and so on....

Dude Target is floundering on Wall Street. It's getting shellacked

This can't be happening. They told us all they wanted was equal rights. They never said a word about being nasty bullies.

If this wasn't hurting Target why did they try and hide their cross gender line of clothes?.... in some areas of the country they have removed the entire line of tuck clothes....

15 billion as of this posting yesterday.

If retail sales were up their stack value wouldn't be falling like a rock... I don't know where you went to school to learn economics but you are wrong... they are not two different unrelated things.... both are entwined and related.... one goes up the other follows and so on....

Target's stock has been softening for awhile. The weird controversy now just seems to have been the straw that broke the camel's back. I don't invest in them, but seem to have read a few different articles in the past 6 months about them being loaded down with too much unsold inventory that they somehow amassed in the midst of the shortages and such since COVID.

"The organizations laid out a three-part demand calling on Target to restock all the Pride merchandise both in stores and online; ensure the safety of Target employees; and release a statement "reaffirming their commitment to the LGBTQ+ community" within 24 hours."

"You are in a position to demand nothing"
- Khan Noonien Singh
'Wrath of Khan'

Maybe the LGBTQ Community would not feel that leaning on corporations was necessary if it were not for what is going on overall. The backlash against LGBT people has been likened to a new Jim Crow era:

“LGBTQ+ Americans are living in a state of emergency. The multiplying threats facing millions in our community are not just perceived — they are real, tangible and dangerous,” Kelley Robinson, the group’s CEO, said in a statement.

HRC also released a report on Tuesday that details the real-life impact of the more than 500 anti-LGBTQ+ bills that have been introduced across state legislatures this year. Nearly half of the bills targeted transgender people.

More than 75 anti-LGBTQ+ bills were signed into law this year alone. This legislation has already made everyday life difficult for LGBTQ+ people as Republican-controlled legislatures have banned trans athletes from participating in sports, restricted access to gender-affirming care for trans youth and some adults, and banned the discussion of gender and sexuality in classrooms.

Target's stock has been softening for awhile. The weird controversy now just seems to have been the straw that broke the camel's back. I don't invest in them, but seem to have read a few different articles in the past 6 months about them being loaded down with too much unsold inventory that they somehow amassed in the midst of the shortages and such since COVID.

So, of course the solution to that is to stock up, and advertise, a line of merchandise that nobody actually wants.

Forum List

Back