Letters from the politically homeless

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
Almost every Democrat voting for Trump has a story about being ostracized, shamed or losing a friend

Since my last column, headlined ‘Why I won’t vote’, I’ve received hundreds of emails from others who feel politically homeless. I’ve also heard from many who have voted Democrat or Republican their entire lives and, for the first time, in 2020 will vote for the opposite party. Lifetime conservatives are voting for Biden. Independents are being radicalized to vote red or blue. People who didn’t vote for Donald Trump in 2016 are enthusiastically voting for him now.

BJ's Pull Quote(s)

I even heard from a guy who hasn’t voted since Nader but is coming out to support Trump. Many who identify as ‘politically homeless’ are opting to vote third party or, like me, not to vote in the presidential category at all. (Allow me to clarify something I should have made clear in my previous column: I will be voting down ballot.)

I recognize the limitations of anecdotal evidence. But reading hundreds of emails, one starts to see patterns. My overall gut instinct from everything I’m hearing is that I won’t be at all surprised if Trump wins in a landslide — and that the only person who can beat Donald J. Trump is Donald J. Trump.

If you hate America, blame America for all the problems on earth, and want to punish Americans for what they have done, vote Democrat.

If not vote republican.

This is just the reality of the times. 20 years from now, it could be the opposite.

Doubtful -
But maybe.

Both houses are filled with loons paralyzed by tribalism. Better to be avoided.

What drives me looney is when I get to wondering about our 2 major political parties taking into account all our choices of denominations we have just in the Christian faith alone. It becomes even more senseless to me when accounting for the Jews, Hindus, Muslims atheist, agnostics, etc. Luckily by this time my frame of thought reverts from politics to the question of whether Mormons are Christians?

Forum List

Back