Lets try Mr. Trump as a citizen, not former Potus out of office, we try him for sedition, have AG Garland do it.

18 U.S. Code Chapter 115 - TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)
-----------------------------------
I keep hearing how we can't impeach a Potus after he leaves office, I say to try him as a Citizen which he is!!

He has to account for insurrection.
I'd be surprised if he gets away with this completely. There could easily be some legal action outside of Congress on this, and it wouldn't be a shock to see some of it come from non-politician Republicans.
He shouldn't get away with it. You do not attempt a coup unless you lost an election.

18 U.S. Code Chapter 115 - TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)
I keep hearing how we can't impeach a Potus after he leaves office, I say to try him as a Citizen which he is!!

But wouldn't he have immunity for actions he took in his official capacity? Nixon possibly could have been prosecuted because there was no way his participation in a conspiracy of payoffs to cover up a burglary were within his scope of official duties. But Trump was acting in a political role. And it's not going to matter because he's going to be able to say he didn't ask them to kill all the congress people. He incited a riot to be sure. But unless there's a smoking gun between him and the Proud Boys or OzarkNationalIdiots or something .. he skates both on impeachment and any possible felony.

Your brown shirt thong must be chafing you today.
Crimes should go unprosecuted?

A witch hunt targeting political opponents is not Prosecuting A Crime, champ.
You calling it a witch hunt doesn't make it so. Sorry!
4i6Ckte.gif

Crimes shouldn't be investigated and then prosecuted?

I think you meant should be investigated and then prosecuted.

But wouldn't he have immunity for actions he took in his official capacity? Nixon possibly could have been prosecuted because there was no way his participation in a conspiracy of payoffs to cover up a burglary were within his scope of official duties. But Trump was acting in a political role. And it's not going to matter because he's going to be able to say he didn't ask them to kill all the congress people. He incited a riot to be sure. But unless there's a smoking gun between him and the Proud Boys or OzarkNationalIdiots or something .. he skates both on impeachment and any possible felony.
The reason he skating on the impeachment is because the radical republicans are spineless.

He guilty of :

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

What is the statue of limitations on sedition? How about Attempted voter fraud or election tampering?

Timing is everything.

A witch hunt targeting political opponents is not Prosecuting A Crime, champ.
You calling it a witch hunt doesn't make it so. Sorry!
4i6Ckte.gif

Crimes shouldn't be investigated and then prosecuted?

I think you meant should be investigated and then prosecuted.

The reason he skating on the impeachment is because the radical republicans are spineless.

He guilty of :

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)
Well yeah, but impeachment does not carry a jail term. It's political. And at least in theory govt officials cannot be sued or prosecuted for actions they do in furthering their official duties, unless, basically, what they did was so egregious that no one could think they were doing something within their duties. I just don't see Trump as a criminal here.

If the charge of sedition could hold up in a court of law, Trump would already be charged. Problem is, that charge wouldn't hold up.

Exactly, well put.

Trump hasn't been charged, and won't be charged.

All the bull shit about how Trump was going to be arrested or jailed, was just exactly that. Excrement from a male bovine.

Just like Bush and Cheney and Rummy weren't sent to The Hague for bullshit "war crimes" , this liberal dream will dissipate as well.

Why do you insist on these insane rants that are no better than trolling?

you are never going to browbeat Americans into disbelieving what we see with our own eyes

I'd be surprised if he gets away with this completely. There could easily be some legal action outside of Congress on this, and it wouldn't be a shock to see some of it come from non-politician Republicans.
He shouldn't get away with it. You do not attempt a coup unless you lost an election.
Why hasn’t he been arrested?

Are the children still witch hunting up their revenge? What their feelings are seeking is obliteration of the Fact that Trump was ever President. So childish -so unconfident that everything thru History that melts the flakes has to be scrubbed from sight. And these are the panty waists that want to control how everyone lives.
One final slight QT, to “impeach” a President he has to Be a President and the SC won’t get near it so the revenge babies conjour up their very own “impeachment court” that they will completely declare as sanctioned and valid. Fantasy feelings frenzy rolls on

Yes, we saw that in action for four years after 2016.

Why hasn’t he been arrested?

The reason why Trump hasn't been arrested, is that prosecutors aren't interested in jerking around people with bogus prosecutions- especially with people who have the means and ability to defend themselves.

Being exposed as a horse's ass and a fraud can be personally costly.

Remember what happened to Durham's Mikie Nifong. One of the Duke boys he tried to persecuted came from a very wealthy family and he lost his job over it.

Are the children still witch hunting up their revenge? What their feelings are seeking is obliteration of the Fact that Trump was ever President. So childish -so unconfident that everything thru History that melts the flakes has to be scrubbed from sight. And these are the panty waists that want to control how everyone lives.
One final slight QT, to “impeach” a President he has to Be a President and the SC won’t get near it so the revenge babies conjour up their very own “impeachment court” that they will completely declare as sanctioned and valid. Fantasy feelings frenzy rolls on

Scrubbed from sight? No way. I want ya'll to wear that Trump-skin, coat, you earned it.

There were no crimes committed by trump. Thats just you on fantasy island.

Absolutely not. It's probably not going to go well for Trump's co-defendants, though. Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Chuck Schumer, Joe Biden, and Kamala Harris are all on both video and audio tape actively fomenting insurrection against a sitting president and calling for overturning a fair and legal election.

And that's not even considering all the media people who need to go on trial. CNN alone will fill the defendant's boxes of a dozen courtrooms.
Obviously not even close to the same since nothing that Democrats said incited an insurrection at the Capital. Nothing they said incited a riot intent on overturning democracy.

Absolutely not. It's probably not going to go well for Trump's co-defendants, though. Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Chuck Schumer, Joe Biden, and Kamala Harris are all on both video and audio tape actively fomenting insurrection against a sitting president and calling for overturning a fair and legal election.

And that's not even considering all the media people who need to go on trial. CNN alone will fill the defendant's boxes of a dozen courtrooms.
Obviously not even close to the same since nothing that Democrats said incited an insurrection at the Capital. Nothing they said incited a riot intent on overturning democracy.

The D's incited a riot at the liquor store in Ferguson, at Macy's in New York, at community centers in Baltimore, and at police stations in Pacific Northwest.

People's whole livelihoods were ruined by liberal riots.

And don't forget the Terror attack on baseball playing Republicans

The D's incited a riot at the liquor store in Ferguson, at Macy's in New York, at community centers in Baltimore, and at police stations in Pacific Northwest.

People's whole livelihoods were ruined by liberal riots.

And don't forget the Terror attack on baseball playing Republicans

Synthabrain is just following the TPM that non-Lefties are not allowed to play by the Lefties' rules.

Forum List

Back