Let's face it: America kind of sucks

The rich are paying their taxes.
Change the tax code, super duper

The super dupe has no clue. He's lived in his mom's basement for so long.

I do find it amusing that all of these people want to turn the USA into whatever their chosen country of love may be, but they don't want to actually live in their country of love!

40 years of reagan's giveaway to the rich tax rates and cuts in investment in college and training and infrastructure and everything else has made the country what it is today. The worst inequality upward mobility and homelessness ever anywhere in the modern world. It's time and way overdue to tax the rich again and start leading the world again instead of being a dumb*** conspiracy nut job republican backwater....
Total LIE! Where is your proof? What you FrancoHFW do is provide people like me the incentive to PROVE the statement you made.."cuts in college" for example is a total LIE!
The truth is someone as dumb as you are to NEVER provide one single shred of proof of you truly ignorant statements PROVES
you never went to school much less learned the value of and I know this is a BIG word....."SUBSTANTIATION" meaning proving with links to the facts to support your comments. You are living proof!
Nearly 1/3 Trillion dollars endowed by those wealthy tax cut rich people!
MORE Facts dummy!
In 2016, the United States spent $13,600 per full-time-equivalent (FTE) student on elementary and secondary education, which was 39 percent higher than the average of Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) member countries of $9,800 (in constant 2018 U.S. dollars). At the postsecondary level, the United States spent $31,600 per FTE student, which was 95 percent higher than the average of OECD countries ($16,200).

toptencolleg.png

FACTS:

This answers who eats the most fast food.

Who knew the eating unhealthy, smoking and inactivity and obesity cause heart disease?

Look at what is the leading cause of death in the U.S.

When it comes to Obesity, there are a surprising amount of tiny island/African nations that rank higher in obesity rates because of the smaller population. But as an industrial nation, America leads the world in Obesity.
You aren’t actually drawing any connections to why our healthcare system struggles. You’re also talking about a narrow amount of health related conditions from these habits or from obesity. It also doesn’t explain why chronic illnesses and hospitalizations last longer in the US.

Total LIE! Where is your proof? What you FrancoHFW do is provide people like me the incentive to PROVE the statement you made.."cuts in college" for example is a total LIE!
The truth is someone as dumb as you are to NEVER provide one single shred of proof of you truly ignorant statements PROVES
you never went to school much less learned the value of and I know this is a BIG word....."SUBSTANTIATION" meaning proving with links to the facts to support your comments. You are living proof!
MORE Facts dummy!
In 2016, the United States spent $13,600 per full-time-equivalent (FTE) student on elementary and secondary education, which was 39 percent higher than the average of Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) member countries of $9,800 (in constant 2018 U.S. dollars). At the postsecondary level, the United States spent $31,600 per FTE student, which was 95 percent higher than the average of OECD countries ($16,200).

View attachment 750116
FACTS:
very nice but irrelevant. I'm complaining about the cost of college education and training for jobs in the United states. Every other modern country has cheap college and training

Why can’t you morons actually read the post? See the final paragraph in the post. Surely it would help to actually read the posts you comment on.

I did read it. It is the usual crap you clods always spew.

Don't like the country. Leave. There are plenty out there that cater to your brand of moronicism.

very nice but irrelevant. I'm complaining about the cost of college education and training for jobs in the United states. Every other modern country has cheap college and training

THIS was your statement, i.e. complaint:
"40 years of reagan's giveaway to the rich tax rates and cuts in investment in college and training and infrastructure and everything else has made the country what it is today.
NOW I've proven there are NO cuts...again the USA leads the world in expenditures.
NOW if you complain that we aren't getting nearly enough value for the amount that we are spending... I would agree!
And your lack of PROVING your statement is MY proof that is correct...i.e. good students/scholars generally don't make assumptive statements but generally provide LINKS. Plus you were complaining about "cuts in investments" and I showed (using substantiation...links...) that was a wrong assumption... again using substantiation!

toptencolleg.png

MORE Facts dummy!
https://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/pdf/coe_cmd.pdf

40 years of reagan's giveaway to the rich tax rates and cuts in investment in college and training and infrastructure and everything else has made the country what it is today. The worst inequality upward mobility and homelessness ever anywhere in the modern world. It's time and way overdue to tax the rich again and start leading the world again instead of being a dumb*** conspiracy nut job republican backwater....
Blame Reagan... dummy ..... try the clintons .... they sold out America and Americans to the highest bidder ... Democrats are and always will be the biggest threat to America and Americans... learn the facts you moron.

Blame Reagan... dummy ..... try the clintons .... they sold out America and Americans to the highest bidder ... Democrats are and always will be the biggest threat to America and Americans... learn the facts you moron.
~ This is sad but true ...
{ I believe that Jimmy Carter began the sell-out to China — it has continued since with only a brief 4-year pause }

You aren’t actually drawing any connections to why our healthcare system struggles. You’re also talking about a narrow amount of health related conditions from these habits or from obesity. It also doesn’t explain why chronic illnesses and hospitalizations last longer in the US.

Smoking, drugs, alcohol, car accidents, hereditary issues....

Republicans like to pretend that the US is the best country in the world in every way because they cannot stand the thought of other countries doing something better than us. However, the main flaws the US has are much of less of issues in other first world countries.

1) Our healthcare system is garbage with or without ObamaCare.

Republicans like to harp on ObamaCare and pretend that it is rhe reason why our system sucks, but when you ask them the simple of question of "well, was our system good before ObamaCare?", they will refuse to answer. Secretly they know that our healthcare system has always sucked but they will not admit that out loud. But hell, at least ACA improved it to some degree. Republicans secretly like the idea of their healthcare coverage not being denied because of pre-existing conditions, but its another thing they will not admit out loud. Obama came up with it so the knee jerk reaction is that it is terrible.

I also want to point out the myth that republicans have about other first world healthcare systems. They pretend that wait lists run rampant for basic care and that these people suffer. That's of course not true. Systems in Western Europe, Australia, Japan, South Korea are all quite high functioning even if they are not perfect.

Here's all the ways comparable, first world national healthcare systems are superior to the US's:

A. Life expectancy is better
B. Premature death rates are lower.
C. Less suffering with long term chronic diseases
D. Healthcare quality and access is far better
E. Maternal morality rates are better.
G. Hospital rates are lower for chronic diseases.
H. Post-operative complications are lower in prevalence.
I. Medication and procedure errors are lower.

And oh yeah, this is thanks to socialized medicine rather than shitty for-profit healthcare very few people can afford.

Now you say that the US does have state of the art treatments in some examples, but this hardly matters if the large majority of the population does not have access to this ridiculously expensive care and the overall nation suffers in areas where it matters most.

2. Infrastructure systems are better in comparable nations.

A. The US ranks 13th in infrastructure quality in the world.
B. Only 2% of our GDP spending goes to infrastructure.
C. Airports in other countries are better.
D. High speed rail in the US is half of the speed of comparable countries.
E. Internet connection is much better in other countries.
F. Our roads are shitty in comparison to these other nations. Traffic jams are less severe in such nations.

That's far from "American exceptionalism." Hell, Biden gets credit for at least passing a law making improvements even if it was not enough.

3. Gun violence in the US is far greater than in other countries like Australia, the UK, and Canada.

A. Mass shootings are far more common in the US than other politically stable countries.
B. Gun murders account for 79% of all murders in the US. In Canada it is 37%, Australia 13%, and the UK is 4%
C. Gun deaths per capita are FAR higher than in other countries.

4) Wealth inequality is one of the worst in the world.

In 2020, the top 20% of the population earned 52.2% of all U.S. income. The median household income fell significantly for the first time since 2011 to $67,521. That's 2.9% down from 2019's number. The richest of the rich, the top 5%, earned 23% of all income.

5) Poverty rates are lower in other counties.

Conclusion: America kind of sucks.
I know inevitably the response I am going to get to this thread will be somewhere along the lines of "if you don't like it here, leave!" Well see the truth of the matter is that I think America is great in some ways and I would rather stay here and fix what is wrong with it.

You can leave

~ Both Parties work for themselves — not "we the people ". It has become much worse recently.
:14:Capitola Hill DC needs an enema ! 🚽
what we need, super duper, is the Democrats getting real power for the first time since LBJ, with the exception of 30 days in session under Obama in the middle of a typical GOP economic meltdown bubble and bust.

Smoking, drugs, alcohol, car accidents, hereditary issues....
Uh yeah not the full range on health conditions. Not even close. Even the ones related to those can still be caused by natural factors not related. You’re still not making a connection between these habits and the dysfunction of the system as a whole. You’re just pretending ithat is all of it. If every aspect of our healthcare system is inferior in comparison to other first world nations, obviously dysfunction from within is going to be related.

~ This is sad but true ...
{ I believe that Jimmy Carter began the sell-out to China — it has continued since with only a brief 4-year pause }
obviously it was Nixon that opened China to the rest of the world and there's really no difference between the policies of the Democrats and republican vis-a-vis China, except that trump and other racists and dupes blame Chinese Americans for COVID, which is why there is a big spike in violence against Asian Americans by right wingers, along with a spike against gays Muslims Jews blacks....

Republicans like to pretend that the US is the best country in the world in every way because they cannot stand the thought of other countries doing something better than us. However, the main flaws the US has are much of less of issues in other first world countries.

Republicans like to harp on ObamaCare and pretend that it is rhe reason why our system sucks, but when you ask them the simple of question of "well, was our system good before ObamaCare?", they will refuse to answer. Secretly they know that our healthcare system has always sucked but they will not admit that out loud. But hell, at least ACA improved it to some degree. Republicans secretly like the idea of their healthcare coverage not being denied because of pre-existing conditions, but its another thing they will not admit out loud. Obama came up with it so the knee jerk reaction is that it is terrible.

I also want to point out the myth that republicans have about other first world healthcare systems. They pretend that wait lists run rampant for basic care and that these people suffer. That's of course not true. Systems in Western Europe, Australia, Japan, South Korea are all quite high functioning even if they are not perfect.

Here's all the ways comparable, first world national healthcare systems are superior to the US's:

And oh yeah, this is thanks to socialized medicine rather than shitty for-profit healthcare very few people can afford.

Now you say that the US does have state of the art treatments in some examples, but this hardly matters if the large majority of the population does not have access to this ridiculously expensive care and the overall nation suffers in areas where it matters most.

F. Our roads are shitty in comparison to these other nations. Traffic jams are less severe in such nations.

That's far from "American exceptionalism." Hell, Biden gets credit for at least passing a law making improvements even if it was not enough.

3. Gun violence in the US is far greater than in other countries like Australia, the UK, and Canada.

A. Mass shootings are far more common in the US than other politically stable countries.
B. Gun murders account for 79% of all murders in the US. In Canada it is 37%, Australia 13%, and the UK is 4%

In 2020, the top 20% of the population earned 52.2% of all U.S. income. The median household income fell significantly for the first time since 2011 to $67,521. That's 2.9% down from 2019's number. The richest of the rich, the top 5%, earned 23% of all income.

I know inevitably the response I am going to get to this thread will be somewhere along the lines of "if you don't like it here, leave!" Well see the truth of the matter is that I think America is great in some ways and I would rather stay here and fix what is wrong with it.

Imagine how much worse it will be after Joe Biden keeps his promise to "end fossil fuels".

Uh yeah not the full range on health conditions. Not even close. Even the ones related to those can still be caused by natural factors not related. You’re still not making a connection between these habits and the dysfunction of the system as a whole. You’re just pretending ithat is all of it. If every aspect of our healthcare system is inferior in comparison to other first world nations, obviously dysfunction from within is going to be related.

So because our healthcare system isn't the best, you believe that it's the CAUSE of all American health problems? That's a bit retarded.

On the whole, America, UK, Australia, New Zealand etc.. are spot on. But each country seems to suffer from an opposition or a group of people that says how crap we are.

America doesn't suck, some of the people suck.

Forum List

Back