Let's face it: America kind of sucks

That's true. But I guess that's the case for the US as well. Unless you're Mexican or Canadian, it's pretty hard to move here from abroad.
Actually, Obama made it difficult for Canadians to move to the US.
We have a plethora of Asians moving to the US.

25th of September, 2022 -- things are still the same. The US still sucks.
You have to be optimistic like us Trump supporters
20220917_200550.jpg

Typing in uppercase letters won't make you any more noticed but just make you look ridiculous.

On the 2022 Reporters Without Borders "Press Freedom Index" (which is - by the way - an index made by Americans, so you can't call foul play here), the United States ranks 42th globally for press freedom, way below countries even such as South Africa & Ivory Coast.

Well the REASON for upper case is because people like you have an attention span of just 8.25 seconds according to recent studies seconds less than in 2000. Average Human Attention Span By Age (Infographic).
HENCE the capitals! Your attention span is too short for FACTS.
Case in point... your statement..."US Sucks" was the basis for my providing proof, i.e. 12 countries with restricted freedom of SPEECH!
Not the press. So consequently you are living proof of the 8.25 second attention span!

Now again, we aren't discussing press freedom here because I KNOW (caps for emphasis) that the following two articles show how BIASED the MSM is. When they donated 96% to Hillary in 2016, she lost they spent 4 years and 92% negative Trump news followed by 90% to Biden in 2020...that is not freedom of the press and I would whole heartedly agree! This biased MSM is NOT freedom of the press!
I have more proof like the network news spent a total of 32.7 hours ABC,CBS,NBC donated $400 million in free advertising by providing in 3 months Everything You Need to Know About TV Advertising Costs $104,700/30 sec. 32.7 hours of coverage, by TV standards an eternity of news time.
What they found was, as Trump himself might say, sad: "Over the summer, the broadcast networks have continued to pound Donald Trump and his team with the most hostile coverage of a president in TV news history —
92% negative, vs. just 8% positive.from July 29 through October 20

So while your attention span was commenting on press freedom..(which again because of your attention span..WE WERE NOT COMMENTING ON
PRESS FREEDOM!!!! I do agree with you that with the extreme bias that the MSM concretely displays...again your short attention span... went against the point of YOUR post..."The US still sucks."
So again... due to your 8.5 attention span... You said the US still sucks and my response was to show you 12 countries worse than the US.
By the way... if the US "sucks" so bad... tell me why then it is the most sought after country to move to?
Proof:
Google search: "What country do more people want to move to?"
147 million evidently don't think the "US sucks" or 37% of the 392 million seem to disagree with you.

Toptencountriestomoveto.png

MSMdonations.png

Oh... and ihealyou.... the attached list was just top ten countries so if you ask how'd I get 37% when the table shows USA 21% because that's the
figure for the entire list which for your 8.5 attention span would be too much to handle.
Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 12.49.48 PM.png

Republicans like to pretend that the US is the best country in the world in every way because they cannot stand the thought of other countries doing something better than us. However, the main flaws the US has are much of less of issues in other first world countries.

1) Our healthcare system is garbage with or without ObamaCare.

Republicans like to harp on ObamaCare and pretend that it is rhe reason why our system sucks, but when you ask them the simple of question of "well, was our system good before ObamaCare?", they will refuse to answer. Secretly they know that our healthcare system has always sucked but they will not admit that out loud. But hell, at least ACA improved it to some degree. Republicans secretly like the idea of their healthcare coverage not being denied because of pre-existing conditions, but its another thing they will not admit out loud. Obama came up with it so the knee jerk reaction is that it is terrible.

I also want to point out the myth that republicans have about other first world healthcare systems. They pretend that wait lists run rampant for basic care and that these people suffer. That's of course not true. Systems in Western Europe, Australia, Japan, South Korea are all quite high functioning even if they are not perfect.

Here's all the ways comparable, first world national healthcare systems are superior to the US's:

A. Life expectancy is better
B. Premature death rates are lower.
C. Less suffering with long term chronic diseases
D. Healthcare quality and access is far better
E. Maternal morality rates are better.
G. Hospital rates are lower for chronic diseases.
H. Post-operative complications are lower in prevalence.
I. Medication and procedure errors are lower.

And oh yeah, this is thanks to socialized medicine rather than shitty for-profit healthcare very few people can afford.

Now you say that the US does have state of the art treatments in some examples, but this hardly matters if the large majority of the population does not have access to this ridiculously expensive care and the overall nation suffers in areas where it matters most.

2. Infrastructure systems are better in comparable nations.

A. The US ranks 13th in infrastructure quality in the world.
B. Only 2% of our GDP spending goes to infrastructure.
C. Airports in other countries are better.
D. High speed rail in the US is half of the speed of comparable countries.
E. Internet connection is much better in other countries.
F. Our roads are shitty in comparison to these other nations. Traffic jams are less severe in such nations.

That's far from "American exceptionalism." Hell, Biden gets credit for at least passing a law making improvements even if it was not enough.

3. Gun violence in the US is far greater than in other countries like Australia, the UK, and Canada.

A. Mass shootings are far more common in the US than other politically stable countries.
B. Gun murders account for 79% of all murders in the US. In Canada it is 37%, Australia 13%, and the UK is 4%
C. Gun deaths per capita are FAR higher than in other countries.

4) Wealth inequality is one of the worst in the world.

In 2020, the top 20% of the population earned 52.2% of all U.S. income. The median household income fell significantly for the first time since 2011 to $67,521. That's 2.9% down from 2019's number. The richest of the rich, the top 5%, earned 23% of all income.

5) Poverty rates are lower in other counties.

Conclusion: America kind of sucks.
I know inevitably the response I am going to get to this thread will be somewhere along the lines of "if you don't like it here, leave!" Well see the truth of the matter is that I think America is great in some ways and I would rather stay here and fix what is wrong with it.

You convinced me. Please, leave, you're right, that would make us a far better place. You don't want to be here, we don't want you here, stop being a dick and go. Write when you find work

Last edited:
Well the REASON for upper case is because people like you have an attention span of just 8.25 seconds according to recent studies seconds less than in 2000. Average Human Attention Span By Age (Infographic).
HENCE the capitals! Your attention span is too short for FACTS.
Case in point... your statement..."US Sucks" was the basis for my providing proof, i.e. 12 countries with restricted freedom of SPEECH!
Not the press. So consequently you are living proof of the 8.25 second attention span!

Now again, we aren't discussing press freedom here because I KNOW (caps for emphasis) that the following two articles show how BIASED the MSM is. When they donated 96% to Hillary in 2016, she lost they spent 4 years and 92% negative Trump news followed by 90% to Biden in 2020...that is not freedom of the press and I would whole heartedly agree! This biased MSM is NOT freedom of the press!
I have more proof like the network news spent a total of 32.7 hours ABC,CBS,NBC donated $400 million in free advertising by providing in 3 months Everything You Need to Know About TV Advertising Costs $104,700/30 sec. 32.7 hours of coverage, by TV standards an eternity of news time.
What they found was, as Trump himself might say, sad: "Over the summer, the broadcast networks have continued to pound Donald Trump and his team with the most hostile coverage of a president in TV news history —
92% negative, vs. just 8% positive.from July 29 through October 20

So while your attention span was commenting on press freedom..(which again because of your attention span..WE WERE NOT COMMENTING ON
PRESS FREEDOM!!!! I do agree with you that with the extreme bias that the MSM concretely displays...again your short attention span... went against the point of YOUR post..."The US still sucks."
So again... due to your 8.5 attention span... You said the US still sucks and my response was to show you 12 countries worse than the US.
By the way... if the US "sucks" so bad... tell me why then it is the most sought after country to move to?
Proof:
Google search: "What country do more people want to move to?"
147 million evidently don't think the "US sucks" or 37% of the 392 million seem to disagree with you.

View attachment 701407

View attachment 701410

The United States sucks in multiple fields.

Crime rate (Crime Index by Country 2022 Mid-Year) -- it's 87th out of 142 countries, marking it slightly more dangerous than Nicaragua and far more dangerous than third-world-countries such as Bosnia & Herzegovina, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Montenegro, Uzbekistan, etc.

GINI indicator (income inequality - List of countries by income equality - Wikipedia): The United States has a GINI coefficient of 41.5 (2019), ranking it far worse in terms of inequality than countries such as Tunisia, Tanzania and Syria.

Human Development Index: Not among the worst, but it's still not ranking first (it's 21st out of 191, surpassed by tons of European countries and some Asian countries such as Hong Kong, Japan & South Korea).

GDP (nominal) per capita (List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia): The United States ranks 12th, falling below a couple of countries.

Homeless population (List of countries by homeless population - Wikipedia): The United States has 17.6 homeless people per 10,000, far more than Turkey (8.5 per 10,000), Spain (6.4 per 10,000), Romania (7 per 10,000), Italy (8.4 per 10,000) & Brazil (10 per 10,000).

Suicide rate (List of countries by suicide rate - Wikipedia): The United States has 14.5 suicides per 100,000 people, far worse than any country in Europe aside from Montenegro, Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia & Lithuania. It also ranks worse than many Asian, African & South American countries.

PISA rankings (Programme for International Student Assessment - Wikipedia): Yeah, even in terms of education we sort of suck.

Healthcare accessibility (https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...most-well-developed-public-health-care-system): Literally any country in Europe has a better healthcare system than us. I don't have to elaborate much into that.

But hey, we're doing pretty good in other things too!

School shootings (School Shootings by Country 2022): The United States ranks uncontested as the first country in the world for number of school shootings (a total of 288 school shootings between January 2009 & May 2018).

Incarceration rate (List of countries by incarceration rate - Wikipedia): The United States is the country with the highest rate of incarcerated people, counting a total prison population of 639 incarcerated people per 100,000 inhabitants.

Military spending (List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia): Our population is highly ineducated, the healthcare system sucks & cities are filled with homeless people? Oh, who cares! At least we're spending 801bn$ (38% of the global spending) on our military. At least our petrol prices will not rise!

External debt (List of countries by external debt - Wikipedia): The United States has an external debt of 30.4 trillion dollars, or 102% of our GDP. That's roughly $60,526 of debts per capita for the average American citizen.

Intentional homicide rate (List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia): 6.3 intentional homicides per 100,000 inhabitants, worse than the entirety of Europe and even extremely underdeveloped & violent countries such as Bolivia, Burundi, Sudan, Cuba, Pakistan, India, Rwanda, Latvia, Malaysia, Ghana, etc.

Rape rate (Countries Compared by Crime > Rape rate. International Statistics at NationMaster.com): We're 14th in the world for rape rate (27.3 rapes per 100,000 citizens), worse than countries such as ZIMBABWE.

Infant and under-five mortality rate (List of countries by infant and under-five mortality rates - Wikipedia): We rank 148th out of 193 countries for infant mortality rate, once again worse than the majority (if not all) Europe, and worse than countries such as Russia, Slovakia, Serbia, Cuba & Belarus.

So, exactly, what are we the best at? And don't come to me with "movie productions" or "hamburgers eaten per capita". I'm talking about serious things that are critical to the everyday life.

Crime rate (Crime Index by Country 2022 Mid-Year) -- it's 87th out of 142 countries, marking it slightly more dangerous than Nicaragua and far more dangerous than third-world-countries such as Bosnia & Herzegovina, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Montenegro, Uzbekistan, etc.

GINI indicator (income inequality - List of countries by income equality - Wikipedia): The United States has a GINI coefficient of 41.5 (2019), ranking it far worse in terms of inequality than countries such as Tunisia, Tanzania and Syria.

Human Development Index: Not among the worst, but it's still not ranking first (it's 21st out of 191, surpassed by tons of European countries and some Asian countries such as Hong Kong, Japan & South Korea).

GDP (nominal) per capita (List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia): The United States ranks 12th, falling below a couple of countries.

Homeless population (List of countries by homeless population - Wikipedia): The United States has 17.6 homeless people per 10,000, far more than Turkey (8.5 per 10,000), Spain (6.4 per 10,000), Romania (7 per 10,000), Italy (8.4 per 10,000) & Brazil (10 per 10,000).

Suicide rate (List of countries by suicide rate - Wikipedia): The United States has 14.5 suicides per 100,000 people, far worse than any country in Europe aside from Montenegro, Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia & Lithuania. It also ranks worse than many Asian, African & South American countries.

PISA rankings (Programme for International Student Assessment - Wikipedia): Yeah, even in terms of education we sort of suck.

Healthcare accessibility (https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...most-well-developed-public-health-care-system): Literally any country in Europe has a better healthcare system than us. I don't have to elaborate much into that.

School shootings (School Shootings by Country 2022): The United States ranks uncontested as the first country in the world for number of school shootings (a total of 288 school shootings between January 2009 & May 2018).

Incarceration rate (List of countries by incarceration rate - Wikipedia): The United States is the country with the highest rate of incarcerated people, counting a total prison population of 639 incarcerated people per 100,000 inhabitants.

Military spending (List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia): Our population is highly ineducated, the healthcare system sucks & cities are filled with homeless people? Oh, who cares! At least we're spending 801bn$ (38% of the global spending) on our military. At least our petrol prices will not rise!

External debt (List of countries by external debt - Wikipedia): The United States has an external debt of 30.4 trillion dollars, or 102% of our GDP. That's roughly $60,526 of debts per capita for the average American citizen.

Intentional homicide rate (List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia): 6.3 intentional homicides per 100,000 inhabitants, worse than the entirety of Europe and even extremely underdeveloped & violent countries such as Bolivia, Burundi, Sudan, Cuba, Pakistan, India, Rwanda, Latvia, Malaysia, Ghana, etc.

Rape rate (Countries Compared by Crime > Rape rate. International Statistics at NationMaster.com): We're 14th in the world for rape rate (27.3 rapes per 100,000 citizens), worse than countries such as ZIMBABWE.

Infant and under-five mortality rate (List of countries by infant and under-five mortality rates - Wikipedia): We rank 148th out of 193 countries for infant mortality rate, once again worse than the majority (if not all) Europe, and worse than countries such as Russia, Slovakia, Serbia, Cuba & Belarus.

So, exactly, what are we the best at? And don't come to me with "movie productions" or "hamburgers eaten per capita". I'm talking about serious things that are critical to the everyday life.
:fu:

How about we send the democrat socialist sloth from every urban area in the US to countries that don’t have that culture and see how the numbers magically change? In fact, just send every democrat — real, potential or phantom — out of the country and watch things magically improve.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
How about we send the democrat socialist sloth from every urban area in the US to countries that don’t have that culture and see how the numbers magically change? In fact, just send every democrat — real, potential or phantom — out of the country and watch things magically improve.
"Countries that don't have culture". At least a good 80% of the countries are older than the United States & have a far better culture. Want me to name some? Italy, France, Spain, the United Kingdom, Japan, Romania, India, Germany.

"Countries that don't have culture". At least a good 80% of the countries are older than the United States & have a far better culture. Want me to name some? Italy, France, Spain, the United Kingdom, Japan, Romania, India, Germany.
Oh, and just saying -- all the Scandinavian countries who outperformed the United States in several fields (Norway, Finland, Iceland, etc.) are extremely libertarian & progressive with a slightly socialist type of market.

I just noticed your avatar. Outstanding message, well done

You convinced me. Please, leave, you're right, that would make us a far better place. You don't want to be here, we don't want you here, stop being a dick and go. Write when you find work
I love how you say this and expect me to feel “owned” or whatever. Boy you sure showed me!

See what I do does not matter. America sucks either way lol.

I love how you say this and expect me to feel “owned” or whatever. Boy you sure showed me!

See what I do does not matter. America sucks either way lol.

I never boast of my posting prowess like this EVER. You are a fucking liar, and you even quoted it. Another lie since that says I used that word and I didn't.

No dinner for you for telling lies. Brush and floss and go to bed, bad boy

Forum List

Back