Let's chat, Coyote.

How about you, Coyote? What are your thoughts on immigration?

I think any immigration strategy has to be comprehensive. I agree we have to have good border security, but absolutely reject the idea of a wall - it's costly, destructive to the communitees along the border region, and environmentally damaging in terms of species movements and migrations. There is a hell of a lot of good technology out there -we should use that.

I also feel that we need to focus on the LEGAL side - why such a bottleneck that means years before a person can enter? If we close the illegal end, we should open the legal end. We need skilled and invovative workers - particularly in the high tech industries that benefit by hiring foreign workers - we should not be ending that. There is also a huge need for agricultural labor. Like it or not - Americans don't want to do it and don't want those wages. How is the dairy industry going to get it's cows milk and the orange groves get picked? We need a legal avenue to address those needs - doesn't have to be citizenship, they probabably don't WANT citizenship, but temporary work visas instead. I also strongly support the "dreamer" act. Kids who are brought over don't have a choice and should not be punished. They are as American as you or I, having grown up in our culture - they deserve a chance. I fully support deporting those who have committed violent crimes - in fact, I think that should be expidited with few appeals. But I don't like the idea of coming down on those who have not committed violent crimes and especially think breaking up families in this way is wrong. I'd rather focus on stopping it at the border, opening legal avenues and deporting serious criminals.

That's my take on it :)
What are your thoughts on Kate Steinly being murdered by an illegal protected by a sanctuary city?
Should the Feds be allowed to step in and remove these people?

That's a tough question because the murder of a child is always horrendous.

Because a person is an illegal, that doesn't mean that person is or will be a murderer. IMO, the real issue is that he is a murderer.

If sanctuary cities are deliberately protecting murderers then something has to be done.

The other side of the issue is this: illegals are people not labels. Coming here can be tremendously dangerous and expensive. More than a few die in the process. They have families and children too. And they are also the victims of crimes. In some cases they've lived here for years and this is the only country their children have known. I don't like to see families ripped apart unnecessarily - because that is what happens.

What I would say is that if an illegal commits a violent crime - he should be deported, not released.

I bet she's hot as hell.

I'm fluffy and have fleas.
Have I told you lately how much I love you? :)

You're nuts to - I'm leftist varment, dude! :)
Does that mean I'm not allowed to love you?

It means it's highly risky and you might get cooties! :eek:
I'll risk getting the cooties. lol

Are you good with a Trump supporter loving on you? :)

Sure....I can handle Trump supporters :D

And...honestly....in this hyperpartisannutsowhackostunninglycrappedup reality that is politics today...it's easy to forget politics isn't the sum total of our being :)

And...honestly....in this hyperpartisannutsowhackostunninglycrappedup reality that is politics today...it's easy to forget politics isn't the sum total of our being :)
:laugh:

It's often best to set politics aside and appreciate people for who they are.
It's why I wouldn't think twice about inviting you out. :)

Last edited:

Well thank you sir :)

Sir? lol

I consider myself to be a typical Trump supporter who values the opinions of others. :)

Would you be good with the GF and I taking you out for lunch or dinner?

Sir? lol

I consider myself to be a typical Trump supporter who values the opinions of others. :)

As long as chocolate is on the menu, I'm game!

Sir? lol

As long as chocolate is on the menu, I'm game!
I'll PM you! :2up:

Forum List

Back