Let's Be Honest, Obama Robs Us More Than Wall Street

Can you show me where I said any of that? Oops, you can't, because you are lying. Stunning, a phoney hypocrite lying, who knew? ;)

You said specifically "everything we predicted".

The word "you" in my statement was used in the plural sense, as was shown clearly in the first sentence of my post:

NOTHING you or any of your right-wing partisan buddies have predicted have come true at all. NADA, ZIP, ZERO.

And I can go grab audio tape of your hero Rush Limpball predicting all of those things.

Did you not mean to include Mr Limpball in your "we" statement? Or have you started to refer to yourself in terms of the royal "we".

Not to mention the fact that if I go back far enough in your posts, extreme ditto-head that you are, I'm quite sure that, yes, I can find predictions of all these things.

Would you care to make a wager on whether I can or not?

Last edited:
I do know one thing. I have reason to be careful with my coroprate and personal spending due to legislation, for the first time in my capitalist career. It used to be based on what I kjnew of my income. Now I dont know what will be passed next so I am focred to be even more careful.

And that's fine. I sometimes have been known to change my personal investments and finances based on political climates.

But I didn't run around saying the world was going to suddenly explode when Bush won the presidency.

It almost did though. 9-11, shock and awe, tsunami.........

I don't feel robbed as we live in such a strong, rich, relatively safe country, with affordable products, access to plenty of food, good infrastructure with good roads and other means of transportation, and live well above a large percentage of the world

So then why change it?

Snag!

Changing some policies is hardly changing the entire country, and the government has been regulating businesses for a long while now, hardly anything new and changing about it.

Really? Cuz Obama promised to 'fundamentally transform' America. That ain't changing 'some policies'.

Changing some policies is hardly changing the entire country, and the government has been regulating businesses for a long while now, hardly anything new and changing about it.

We shall see Gregg. We shall see.
I have good reason not to be optimistic.

But putting that aside....what about "Fundamentally Changing America" that I assume you voted for.

You want to fundamentally change what you described in your post? Why?

Gregg, not baiting. I really would like your take on this.
You pianted the US exactly how I see it and have seen it for my entire life.

So why were you all for fundamentally changing it?

I don't really buy into political slogans, although Obama was a change from Bush. I was more for change in foreign policy compared to Bush. Instead of being a cowboy and disrespecting others I wanted a well spoken president that would open dialogue and not be so arrogant to other nations. INcreases in science (going back to Clinton days) compared to Bush I also wanted. Also didn't want a fundy catering president like Bush at least appeared to be, with only some policies catering to them, like stupid abstinence only education, which is a joke.

Oh, I liked McCain, until he started backtracking to get the fundamentalist vote, and any thoughts of potentially voting for him were out the window when he did this, and especially when he picked Palin as VP. His entire campaign reeked of dirty GOP political tactics and mudslinging. I was glad when he one the primaries cause I think he would of been a respectable president (if he kept to his moderate self like he was as a senator)

Healthcare needed to be fixed, I really have no idea whether the current reform will. I sort of agreed with the Bush bank bailouts since a crumbling banking system would of really sent us into a spiral. Wasn't too thrilled at first with Obama's stimulus and then hearing about some of the trips and shit companies that got money were going on, but it seems to have done some good, and maybe it could stave off a full on depression, which I think is what the point was. But economics doesn't make much sense to me, never my strong area, and IMO is very complex, so who really knows.

I may defend the stimulus only because can't stand listening to all the lies and slippery slope arguments you often here from many conservatives, when nobody has a crystal ball, let alone the expertise to accurately forecast the effects. ANd it seems many weren't even giving it a chance to see if it worked. And then the outrage over spending, yet no problem fighting two expensive wars. And when people questioned it, they were labeled as terrorist sympathizers or unpatriotic. Now that a dem in power, especially a black man (can't deny there are still racists in this country) there is all the violence rhetoric and anti-government rhetoric, when the left did it, they were unpatriotic.

There may be plenty of good conservatives out there, but far too many resort to these bullshit, intellectually dishonest tactics.

OK, that was too long, went off on a tangent, sorry.

I would have to agree with your assertion. This President and the previous one did rob American Tax Payers to take care of their Wall Street buddies so i agree that this President is more of a thief than Wall Street is. Only the Government can steal from Tax Payers. So this current President is guilty as charged on this one.

We shall see Gregg. We shall see.
I have good reason not to be optimistic.

But putting that aside....what about "Fundamentally Changing America" that I assume you voted for.

You want to fundamentally change what you described in your post? Why?

I don't really buy into political slogans, although Obama was a change from Bush. I was more for change in foreign policy compared to Bush. Instead of being a cowboy and disrespecting others I wanted a well spoken president that would open dialogue and not be so arrogant to other nations. INcreases in science (going back to Clinton days) compared to Bush I also wanted. Also didn't want a fundy catering president like Bush at least appeared to be, with only some policies catering to them, like stupid abstinence only education, which is a joke.

Oh, I liked McCain, until he started backtracking to get the fundamentalist vote, and any thoughts of potentially voting for him were out the window when he did this, and especially when he picked Palin as VP. His entire campaign reeked of dirty GOP political tactics and mudslinging. I was glad when he one the primaries cause I think he would of been a respectable president (if he kept to his moderate self like he was as a senator)

Healthcare needed to be fixed, I really have no idea whether the current reform will. I sort of agreed with the Bush bank bailouts since a crumbling banking system would of really sent us into a spiral. Wasn't too thrilled at first with Obama's stimulus and then hearing about some of the trips and shit companies that got money were going on, but it seems to have done some good, and maybe it could stave off a full on depression, which I think is what the point was. But economics doesn't make much sense to me, never my strong area, and IMO is very complex, so who really knows.

I may defend the stimulus only because can't stand listening to all the lies and slippery slope arguments you often here from many conservatives, when nobody has a crystal ball, let alone the expertise to accurately forecast the effects. ANd it seems many weren't even giving it a chance to see if it worked. And then the outrage over spending, yet no problem fighting two expensive wars. And when people questioned it, they were labeled as terrorist sympathizers or unpatriotic. Now that a dem in power, especially a black man (can't deny there are still racists in this country) there is all the violence rhetoric and anti-government rhetoric, when the left did it, they were unpatriotic.

There may be plenty of good conservatives out there, but far too many resort to these bullshit, intellectually dishonest tactics.

Hmmmm. You impressed me with this Gregg. Really.
Who wrote it for you?:eusa_whistle:

j/k

So then why change it?

Snag!

Really? Cuz Obama promised to 'fundamentally transform' America. That ain't changing 'some policies'.

Just cause I voted for him doesn't mean I want to "fundamentally transform america" or that everything he does I'll agree on. Also, I"m not dumb enough to buy political slogans.

Plus, we only have a choice between 2 people, and Obama I felt was far superior to McCain, especially with his fundy catering, and Palin VP selection

Hmmmm. You impressed me with this Gregg. Really.
Who wrote it for you?:eusa_whistle:

j/k

:lol: I tend to let the dipshits get to me and then I resort to their tactics. Plus, some days I'm in a shitty mood, like the other day, and that reflects in my posting. Not proud of it. but I can put forth well thought out arguments. Little schizo at times, :razz:

Last edited:
I would have to agree with your assertion. This President and the previous one did rob American Tax Payers to take care of their Wall Street buddies so i agree that this President is more of a thief than Wall Street is. Only the Government can steal from Tax Payers. So this current President is guilty as charged on this one.

ROFL, now there's a shocker!

Wall Street is corrupt but their corruption has only been encouraged and supported by our Government. When they got in trouble this President and the previous one were very quick to bail them out with Tax Payer cash. History will repeat itself. You can bet on that. Your assertion is correct. This President has robbed us more than Wall Street has. Wall Street can't force American Tax Payers to bail them out. Only politicians can do that. It is very sad but it is what it is.

Let's Be Honest, Obama Robs Us More Than Wall Street

OK, I'll play. What specifically has Obama robbed from YOU to date?

Doesn't seem like he's answered the question yet.

He's said plenty of other stuff, but hasn't actually answered the question.

Congress robbed from me the right to decide if I want to pay for insurance.

I do anyway, but the right to decide was robbed from me.

Wall Street cannot force American Tax Payers to bail them out. Only politicians can do that. This is just fact. This President as well as the previous one have forced American Tax Payers to bail their Wall Street buddies out. So yes,Obama has robbed us more than Wall Street has. Without Obama,Wall Street couldn't have raped the American Tax Payer the way they did.

I think I already answered, Porkuls was theft of Americans, and this Health Care rip off won't be felt for years. His lack of reform, or fundamental change in government has harmed millions of Americans. I have no idea why you folks love Obama so much, but he failed since day one. The American people needed relief from government, we needed Bush fixed, and we needed serious government reform. We got zero, we got robbed, and we have more poor people than ever.

I seem to detect that half of conservatives are attacking Obama for wanting to regulate Wall Street and the other half are attacking him for being too cozy with Wall Street?

Is that about right?

I seem to detect that half of conservatives are attacking Obama for wanting to regulate Wall Street and the other half are attacking him for being too cozy with Wall Street?

Is that about right?

Well on one hand he wants to give them hundreds of billions of dollars, and on the other he wants to put excessive regulations on the entire industry which is only a problem in the first place because of the government's policies.

Is that about right?

Well on one hand he wants to give them hundreds of billions of dollars, and on the other he wants to put excessive regulations on the entire industry which is only a problem in the first place because of the government's policies.
All of which tells me that this is all about something else other than making Wall Street "transparent" and "accountable"....Most likely about finding a way to raise taxes and concentrate more power in the District of Criminals.

The SEC failed, and they are ALL hack Democrat government workers making huge cash at our expense. And they are useless, imagine that. You expected government to do the job? How fucking stupid are you anyways? What were you? A twenty year beer sponge?

Giving Titanic more line...

Really? How interesting
What else is so bad about our Government? My understanding is they are very talented and work very hard

Wonder if Titanic Failure knows that it was Bush Jr. that lifted the restrictions on Wall St, which caused shit like Goldman Sachs and Bernie Madoff?

Wonder if he knows that it was Bush Jr. who left the ENTIRE COST OF THE IRAQ WAR OFF OF THE BUDGET BOOKS?

Shit............when you inherit a crapstorm like Obama did, it takes a while to un-fuck.

Forum List

Back