Let The Obamacare Fraud Begin!

dannyboys

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2013
Who's surprised? Who's shocked? Who's disappointed?
Who the fuck saw this bullshit coming the day Obamacare was shoved down our throats?
Take heart.
One of President Trumps first actions will be to 100% abolish Obamacare AKA another name for the way billions of taxpayer dollars are being stolen.
President Trump will replace Obamacare with a program that will work.
Watchdog Finds Billions in Possible Fraudulent Obamacare Payments

300 charged in Crackdown on Healthcare Fraud...
icon17.gif

Feds Charge 300 in Nation's Largest Health Care Fraud Bust
Jun 22 2016 - Federal authorities said Wednesday that roughly 300 people in more than half the states have been charged in the largest crackdown to date on health care fraud.
Those arrested account for more than $900 million in false billings to Medicare and Medicaid, according to the Departments of Justice and Health and Human Services. Among those arrested are 60 licensed medical professionals, including 30 doctors, officials said. The billings were for treatments or services deemed medically unnecessary — or for services that were never provided at all, including home care, medical equipment, and phony prescriptions. In one cases in the roundup, authorities say, five people were arrested in Brooklyn, accused of cheating Medicare and Medicaid in an $86 million scam in which they paid kickbacks to patients who then received unnecessary physical and occupational therapy.

The five are accused of funneling more than $38 million worth of reimbursements on the $86 million in bills through several New York shell companies that purported to provide consulting, marketing and advertising services but were actually intended to hide the money from the IRS and avoid taxes. Among those charged were a licensed occupational therapist and a licensed physical therapist. "These takedowns protect and deter fraud in programs that millions of people rely on, sending a strong signal that theft from these taxpayer-funded programs will not be tolerated," said one federal official involved in the operation.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch and HHS Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell joined other federal officials to discuss the crackdown during a press conference on Wednesday. "As this takedown should make clear, health care fraud is not an abstract violation or benign offense. It is a serious crime. The wrongdoers that we pursue in these operations seek to use public funds for private enrichment," Lynch said. "They target real people - many of them in need of significant medical care. They promise effective cures and therapies, but they provide none. Above all, they abuse basic bonds of trust — between doctor and patient; between pharmacist and doctor; between taxpayer and government — and pervert them to their own ends."

Feds Charge 300 in Nation's Largest Health Care Fraud Bust

See also:

U.S. will spend $2.6 trillion less on health care than expected before Obamacare, study projects
June 21,`16 - A new study predicts that the federal forecast of national health care spending under President Obama's signature health law was a big overestimate — by $2.6 trillion over a five-year period.
Expanding health insurance coverage to millions of Americans was bound to increase overall spending. After the Affordable Care Act was passed in 2010, the actuaries for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services projected that, as the economy recovered, the historically low growth in health spending would return to higher levels, reaching $4.6 trillion by 2019. But in the intervening years, the annual expenditure increases have been more modest than expected, and the new estimate from the Urban Institute suggests national health spending is on to track reach $4 trillion by 2019. "When CMS originally made those projections, they really thought the slowdown in health-care spending [growth] was mostly due to the recession, and afterward we'd see a return to the higher rates of spending growth — and that didn't really happen," said Katherine Hempstead, a senior adviser at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, which funded the new study by the Urban Institute.

imrs.php

Looking forward, the study's authors also point to recent evidence that a 2014 uptick in health spending that had seemed to signal a return to higher growth may have been temporary. If slower growth persists, they argue that it will become harder to argue that it is just the economy and not the cost containment policies enabled by the Affordable Care Act that are tempering spending. Hempstead said it's becoming increasingly plausible that the federal policies included in the Affordable Care Act — and its ripple effects as programs implemented within Medicare influence the private market — are having a tempering effect. It's incredibly tricky to dissociate the cause of any particular policy on the effect of health-care spending. In addition to the Great Recession, reimbursement cuts because of sequestration would have had an effect on spending and the Supreme Court decision to make the expansion of Medicaid optional also reduced spending compared with the original projection.

A Kaiser Family Foundation analysis from 2013 found that about three-quarters of the slowdown could be traced to the sluggish economy, and attributed the rest of it to various other factors. "The hangover from the Great Recession has had significant effects on consumer spending in general, and health spending specifically," Larry Levitt, a vice president at Kaiser, said in an email. But, he added, the Affordable Care Act "has clearly had a large and direct effect on slowing down health spending in Medicare. Its effect on the rest of the health system is somewhat more speculative, but I believe it’s real." Hempstead thinks that some of the policies that came with health reform have contributed. For example, she pointed to a policy that was intended to cut hospital readmissions by introducing financial penalties for hospitals with excessive readmissions. Being readmitted to the hospital isn't good for patients or for payers — a report by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality found that 3.3 million adult hospital readmissions racked up $41.3 billion in hospital costs in 2011.

imrs.php

Hospital readmission rates fell after the Affordable Care Act was implemented, both for conditions targeted by policy and those that weren't. But another factor that Levitt and Hempstead pointed to was the increase in deductibles. Research has shown that patients with high-deductible health plans simply avoid the use of health care altogether while they are on the hook for their health care costs. If that's what's happening, it could look good for reining in spending in the short term, but may not save money in the long run — or be good for people's health.

Source

Last edited:
Who's surprised? Who's shocked? Who's disappointed?
Who the fuck saw this bullshit coming the day Obamacare was shoved down our throats?
Take heart.
One of President Trumps first actions will be to 100% abolish Obamacare AKA another name for the way billions of taxpayer dollars are being stolen.
Does this mean I'll be able to go back to the doctor Barry lied I'd be able to keep and get the plan back he also lied about me being able to keep? Hope so. On the downside though I won't get that $2,500.00 a year savings Barry promised me that I've haven't seen yet. Prolly tied up in federal bureaucratic red tape I assume, huh?

Why do you think Trump would replace it with "a program that will work".?

He hasn't laid out any plan for anything so far. Why are you so quick to accept empty promises from
this seemingly unstable millionaire?
What would you call Obama's "promises"? "HOPE AND CHANGE?"
At least Trump created thousands of REAL jobs instead of the fucking "shovel ready" jobs Obama promised.
Shovel Obama's bullshit lies more likely.
I bet the negroes who Obama helped to get "millions of good paying jobs" are happy.

He hasn't laid out any plan for anything so far. Why are you so quick to accept empty promises from
At least Trump created thousands of REAL jobs instead of the fucking "shovel ready" jobs Obama promised.
I bet the negroes who Obama helped to get "millions of good paying jobs" are happy.

Now be fair...

Obungles DID create "shovel-ready" jobs!!!

Somebody had to bury all those extra murder victims, especially the ones in Democrat shitholes, and the victims of illegal immigrants he let stay and terrorist attacks...

You're ignoring the fact that you are buying the BS from a self promoting ego maniac. If Obama's empty promises bother you why are you buying Trump's? What makes you think a fraudster (Trump University) like him is believable?

You're ignoring the fact that you are buying the BS from a self promoting ego maniac. If Obama's empty promises bother you why are you buying Trump's? What makes you think a fraudster (Trump University) like him is believable?

Obama's legacy will fit in a fucking shoe box.
If I want a job I'll go to someone who has created thousands of real jobs as Trump has done.
If I was so fucking stupid as to believe a single fucking word Obama says more fool me.......and you.
I do appreciate you admitting Obama's promises were "empty". Good start.

Forum List

Back