Lent

Will you fast? I'll try, I'll just fast as much as I can, sometimes I might not, or not every day, but I'll try.
I do this because then the joy of Easter seems greater to me (keyword "cleaning" and "penance"), and I hope to lose a little weight.

To do this right you should first go on an easier transition diet of mostly green leaf vegetables with some light fruit juices to start cleaning your body. Then when you fast, it will be so much easier and healthy for you; it is good to drink a lot of mineral water with a twist of lemon or lime in it.

Then when you break the fast, you will eliminate so much more stored wastes and you will feel reborn again like you were ten years younger! It will be your new lease on life.

I'm giving up social media for lent so I will be gone 40 days from here. The time I have available that I won't be online I will spend with God and getting closer to God. I can also use the time to also exercise, go on walks (weather should warm up I hope), get projects done around the house. I have never done Lent before because I only started learning about Catholics in August when praying the rosary with Kitty and Ceci. On ash Wednesday I will fast I think the whole day right?

Neat share Mortimer.

One last thing about fasting Mortimer-- -- -- when you fast, note what you get hungry for. Whatever that is, this is the waste product circulating in your blood supply for elimination of the food you most need to cut out of your diet. If you find yourself dying for a pizza then you know that pizzas are the food you most eat wrongly that has built up the most waste in your body from.

If you get a pain in a particular part of your body, that indicates where the most obstruction has built up and where you are most developing disease.

For instance, dizziness indicates toxins in the blood circulating through the brain.
Pain in the chest or stomach indicates disease developing in that organ.

I do the 46 days of Lent ( this includes the Sundays ) every year and I also will be giving up humanity once again, but father ignores that prayer.

If you fast you can not do it like you are describing and you must follow this poster advice or you will fall sick…

One last thing about fasting Mortimer-- -- -- when you fast, note what you get hungry for. Whatever that is, this is the waste product circulating in your blood supply for elimination of the food you most need to cut out of your diet. If you find yourself dying for a pizza then you know that pizzas are the food you most eat wrongly that has built up the most waste in your body from.

If you get a pain in a particular part of your body, that indicates where the most obstruction has built up and where you are most developing disease.

For instance, dizziness indicates toxins in the blood circulating through the brain.
Pain in the chest or stomach indicates disease developing in that organ.

well there is always new orleans - mardi gras

1646096501879.png

Mardi Gras always falls exactly 47 days before Easter.

and you can be certain everyone of them will be fasting for the next 49 days.

I do the 46 days of Lent ( this includes the Sundays ) every year and I also will be giving up humanity once again, but father ignores that prayer.

If you fast you can not do it like you are describing and you must follow this poster advice or you will fall sick…
Maybe fasting is the wrong term, because fasting means usually not eating but I will eat I will just give up certain foods and habbits for Lent. I think according to catholic rules that is Lent fasting.

Maybe fasting is the wrong term, because fasting means usually not eating but I will eat I will just give up certain foods and habbits for Lent. I think according to catholic rules that is Lent fasting.
Yes, a Catholic fast is one complete meal, plus two other small meals that together make one complete meal. The fast days this Lent are Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. Days of abstinence are Ash Wednesday and all Fridays during Lent.

During the 40 days, Catholics are called to give up luxuries and, instead, to share what they have with the poor. Giving up certain foods, certain habits (and developing new, better habits) is what Catholics are called to do during Lent. Many Catholics will choose to fast all through Lent, a personal decision. Others will choose going to daily Mass or take time each day for spiritual readings.

It has been some time since I have read, The Sermons of St. Francis de Sales for Lent (given in 1622), and I am interested in re-reading those this Lent.

Forum List

Back