Left has meltdown over impending demise of Biden student loan debt shifting scheme.

On behalf of their residents, Simp.

They didn’t because that’s not a thing.

You obviously didn’t read the lawsuit or you didn’t understand it. Either way, I don’t have any interest in explaining it to you.

They didn’t because that’s not a thing.

You obviously didn’t read the lawsuit or you didn’t understand it. Either way, I don’t have any interest in explaining it to you.
Ok, Simp…..let‘s both make a prediction on how the Constitution will be applied here.

I say the SC will confirm the Constitution says spending must originate in Congress.

Are you predicting the SC says the Constitution says the Executive Branch has the power to appropriate money?

Yes, post it.

As for the comparison, it's because both require the use of emergency declarations.

Federal spending will not increase one dime as a result of student loan forgiveness.

Only two ways to pay for it: increase taxes or go yet further into debt.

The money was already spent when those people took out the loans. It was expected to be paid back in full. Now that Dementia wants nearly a half-trillion dollars not to be repaid, that money is not coming back. It will then be part of our debt.

When I was in high school back in the 70s, perhaps in a class of 35 people, maybe seven or eight would actually go to college. Today most of the class goes to college. That's one of the reasons we have such a shortage of manual blue collar labor today.
Same here! Only maybe a little higher, maybe 25 to 40% went on to college, not all graduated and got a degree either...

Of course vote buying works. How do you think the Democrats got 63% of the voters between the ages of 18 and 29 last election? That's right, the primary college years.

Nobody is forced to take credit on anything therefore not slavery in the weakest sense of the word. People want things now so they take out these loans and repay them within time. It's purely optional.

No, you don't have to get a college degree to make a decent living. Plenty of trades (including my former one) that pays very well and it doesn't take much training at all. It's just today's younger people don't want to get their hands dirty anymore. They want the perfect 9 to 5 job preferably working from home and not be inconvenienced.

But if they want to get married and have kids and be there for their kids, a 9 to 5 job would be more suitable than a long hard job, like a Truck Driver has.... Though very good money, money is not always everything, to some people with other goals....

Outside of that, laborious jobs are good paying jobs up here in Maine...lobsterman, lumberjacks, fisherman, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, truck drivers, mechanics, chimney sweap, farming, delivery men etc etc etc. If you are willing to get your hands dirty, you can make a good living!

Same here! Only maybe a little higher, maybe 25 to 40% went on to college, not all graduated and got a degree either...
That’s another point. Why should taxpayers be stuck paying off the loans of kids who didn’t have the discipline or ability to complete their programs?

I thought they were to hear the case Tuesday, but haven't seen any news on it since Saturday.

If anybody should pay for it it should be the universities and colleges running that loansharking scam and the corporations who keep lying about 'skilled labor shortages' claiming they need all these college grads when they focus on hiring foriegn students and getting piles of green cards based on those lies.

I thought they were to hear the case Tuesday, but haven't seen any news on it since Saturday.

If anybody should pay for it it should be the universities and colleges running that loansharking scam and the corporations who keep lying about 'skilled labor shortages'.
We probably won’t hear anything on their decision until June. In the meantime, it’s blocked.

But if they want to get married and have kids and be there for their kids, a 9 to 5 job would be more suitable than a long hard job, like a Truck Driver has.... Though very good money, money is not always everything, to some people with other goals....

Outside of that, laborious jobs are good paying jobs up here in Maine...lobsterman, lumberjacks, fisherman, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, truck drivers, mechanics, chimney sweap, farming, delivery men etc etc etc. If you are willing to get your hands dirty, you can make a good living!

But that's the problem. Younger people want a perfect job that meets their schedule criteria. They want to come home with at most a sore back from sitting behind a desk.

Boo-hoo, the job requires a lot of hours. My father was a bricklayer. In the working months the only time we seen him was at dinner. He'd come home from his full-time job, eat, and back out to do side jobs he took. He worked all day Saturday and Sunday as well. On the weekdays he didn't come home until it was pitch black. But that's what you have to do, take the work while the work is there. You can't lay brick in the winter time when the cement will freeze.

Now his union is asking their retirees if they know any younger people that can pass a drug test that may be interested in the trade. With benefits it pays over $50.00 an hour. The union even pays for your education and you work while you learn. They still can't find nearly enough people.

That’s another point. Why should taxpayers be stuck paying off the loans of kids who didn’t have the discipline or ability to complete their programs?
Spend some time researching what really has gone on with student loans! There have been a handful of good documentaries on it.

LOAN WOLVES is just one....you should view.... It'll give you an idea on the major problems the student loan programs have had and ....

how our government is who screwed the pooch to harm students, in the first place and then doubled down on that stupid!

It's about 90 minutes, but when you have nothing to do, it's worth a view

Spend some time researching what really has gone on with student loans! There have been a handful of good documentaries on it.

LOAN WOLVES is just one....you should view.... It'll give you an idea on the major problems the student loan programs have had and ....

how our government is who screwed the pooch to harm students, in the first place and then doubled down on that stupid!

Did someone force these students to go with “loan wolves”?

the United States Federal Govt is a loan wolf

But that's the problem. Younger people want a perfect job that meets their schedule criteria. They want to come home with at most a sore back from sitting behind a desk.

Boo-hoo, the job requires a lot of hours. My father was a bricklayer. In the working months the only time we seen him was at dinner. He'd come home from his full-time job, eat, and back out to do side jobs he took. He worked all day Saturday and Sunday as well. On the weekdays he didn't come home until it was pitch black. But that's what you have to do, take the work while the work is there. You can't lay brick in the winter time when the cement will freeze.

Now his union is asking their retirees if they know any younger people that can pass a drug test that may be interested in the trade. With benefits it pays over $50.00 an hour. The union even pays for your education and you work while you learn. They still can't find nearly enough people.

Throw out big numbers for effect, but they ain't paying apprentices $50 an hour.''

How much does an Apprentice Bricklayer make in Ohio?​

As of Feb 23, 2023, the average annual pay for an Apprentice Bricklayer in Ohio is $41,441 a year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $19.92 an hour. This is the equivalent of $796/week or $3,453/month.

That's about two thirds of what minimum wage would be adjusted for real inflation, and for heavy labor. And, they rarely work year round, so even the 'yearly average pay' is largely fictional estimates.

Throw out big numbers for effect, but they ain't paying apprentices $50 an hour.''

How much does an Apprentice Bricklayer make in Ohio?​

As of Feb 23, 2023, the average annual pay for an Apprentice Bricklayer in Ohio is $41,441 a year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $19.92 an hour. This is the equivalent of $796/week or $3,453/month.

That's about two thirds of what minimum wage would be adjusted for real inflation, and for heavy labor. And, they rarely work year round, so even the 'yearly average pay' is largely fictional estimates.

I never said apprentices I was referring to journeymen. And I also said including benefits which the bricklayers union has pretty good ones. My father is 91 and he retired nearly 30 years ago. Not only does he still get his pension, but if he passes away before my mother, she gets the pension until she passes away. What you didn't add in your calculations is that bricklayers don''t work in the winter. They are on unemployment from November through March depending on the weather in those questionable beginning and ending months. They also don't work in the rain which we get a hell of a lot of in Cleveland. When it comes from the west it hits Cleveland. When it comes from the great lakes it hits Cleveland. When it comes from the Gulf it hits Cleveland.

The solution to that is simple: don't take out any loans for college. Pay for it or most of it with cash.
Lots of ways to do this. As we’ve discussed, high school grads could work a couple years and save enough for four years at State U, when combined with part-time work during school and full-time work over summers and winter breaks.

No one other than the govt incentivizing them, without the govt protection against predatory practice.
The Federal Govt took over the student loan industry....they are the wolves. The Dems caused this problem

Forum List

Back