Left has meltdown over impending demise of Biden student loan debt shifting scheme.

Skilled tradesmen make good wages and dont have the massive student loan debt

But for those who demand a sit down job in accounting or whatever the military is hiring and eager to subsidize higher education

We can't all be skilled tradesmen, and if we all were, skilled tradesmen wouldn't make doodly-squat.

Guess what! Society needs it's accountants, doctors, engineers, artists, musicians, business people and all the other advanced professions.

These people shouldn't have to be in debt their whole adult lives.

We can't all be skilled tradesmen, and if we all were, skilled tradesmen wouldn't make doodly-squat.

Guess what! Society needs it's accountants, doctors, engineers, artists, musicians, business people and all the other advanced professions.

Is everything all or nothing with you?

By your logic everyone should go to college and there would be no one to do skilled trades

And the military assists in higher education for white collar jobs too

Yes, we have insidious slavery in America.

It's done thru debt. Almost everyone gets credit, which makes it possible to buy thing that they really can't afford. That in turn drives up the price of everything which means that people can only afford to buy things by going further into debt. It's a vicious cycle.

In the end, everyone has mortgaged their lives away. The banks own our houses and our houses own us. It's insidious slavery.

Remember when people had to save their money in order to buy things?

If credit were illegal and people had to save to buy things, prices would drop like a rock - and we'd be a free people.

Student loans are a slavery scam. People have to get a degree to get a decent job (mostly) or they get paid shit wages. To get a degree they have to go into debt. So they spend most of their adult lives paying down that debt. They can't risk quitting their jobs because of their debt. They have no choices in life. They are slaves.

You really believe that $31 trillion in government debt went to vote buying? Seriously? Where's my share? I vote Democrat and nobody ever gave me a cent! Doesn't matter - I'd take the money and vote for who I wanted anyway - so I guess that vote buying wouldn't work...guess again!
Saying that debt creates slavery is an absurd emotive stretch but what else would we expect from irresponsible lib weepers

Yes, we have insidious slavery in America.

It's done thru debt. Almost everyone gets credit, which makes it possible to buy thing that they really can't afford. That in turn drives up the price of everything which means that people can only afford to buy things by going further into debt. It's a vicious cycle.

In the end, everyone has mortgaged their lives away. The banks own our houses and our houses own us. It's insidious slavery.

Remember when people had to save their money in order to buy things?

If credit were illegal and people had to save to buy things, prices would drop like a rock - and we'd be a free people.

Student loans are a slavery scam. People have to get a degree to get a decent job (mostly) or they get paid shit wages. To get a degree they have to go into debt. So they spend most of their adult lives paying down that debt. They can't risk quitting their jobs because of their debt. They have no choices in life. They are slaves.

You really believe that $31 trillion in government debt went to vote buying? Seriously? Where's my share? I vote Democrat and nobody ever gave me a cent! Doesn't matter - I'd take the money and vote for who I wanted anyway - so I guess that vote buying wouldn't work...guess again!

Of course vote buying works. How do you think the Democrats got 63% of the voters between the ages of 18 and 29 last election? That's right, the primary college years.

Nobody is forced to take credit on anything therefore not slavery in the weakest sense of the word. People want things now so they take out these loans and repay them within time. It's purely optional.

No, you don't have to get a college degree to make a decent living. Plenty of trades (including my former one) that pays very well and it doesn't take much training at all. It's just today's younger people don't want to get their hands dirty anymore. They want the perfect 9 to 5 job preferably working from home and not be inconvenienced.

But they signed contracts promising to repay the money they borrowed.

Is everything all or nothing with you?

By your logic everyone should go to college and there would be no one to do skilled trades

And the military assists in higher education for white collar jobs too

I said "We can't all be skilled tradesmen", that doesn't mean that no one should be a skilled tradesmen.

Learn to read English amigo!

Not everyone wants to or is fit to join the military.

I said "We can't all be skilled tradesmen", that doesn't mean that no one should be a skilled tradesmen.

Learn to read English amigo!

Not everyone wants to or is fit to join the military.
So what’s stopping kids from going to community college first two years, and then getting an academic transfer scholarship to State U for the last two years. Their total outlay would be around $30,000 for a four-year degree, less than the average price of a new car (and a much smarter investment).

Why should they get OPM, mostly from those who will not earn what they eventually will?

Do they really have a choice?

Contracts are only valid if people have a viable choice.

Yes, the choice is go to the school and pay the fees they charge, or don't go. Signing a contract to pay back a debt and then demanding someone else pay it for you is not a viable choice.

In fact, signing a contract for a debt you don't intend to repay is fraud.

Forum List

Back