Led Zeppelin Vs. The Beatles - Who Is The True Rock G.O.A.T.?

Bobby Orr was good, but Wayne Gretzky was the GOAT. Led Zep weren't even Bobby Orr, more like Phil Esposito.
I saw Zeppelin 4 times live. The first time they were great, in 1968 when their first album came out the last three they just sucked live.

Last edited:
lol the 'post Fab Four' Beatles were chasing changing fashions, not innovators; they were just adapting to newer market demands. You clearly don't know shit about pop music and rock history.

lol @ 'jaw dropping'. Stones, Jimi Hendix, Uriah Heep, and scores of others were already out and touring in 1965; 'Rubber Soul' was candy pop. They started marketing themselves as 'hippies n stuff' trying to keep up. Bob Dylan was already well known.
Uriah Heep please a few ok songs than faded away, what about Humble Pie?

funny you mention that....i just saw on some music station an interview with Ernie Isley...he said Jimi got bored with them and quit....and then he hooked up with little Richard....
No he was fired for upstaging them. I got that from Buddy Miles who played on Band of Gypsies.

I saw Zeppelin 4 times live. The first time they were great, in 1968 when their first album came out the last three they just sucked live.
I went to see Chicago and they were terrible. That doesn't mean they weren't a great band. Tours can be a bitch.

No he was fired for upstaging them. I got that from Buddy Miles who played on Band of Gypsies.
well i got what i got from one of the Isleys.....here is a quote from Jimi himself.....
" one of the Isley Brothers heard me playing in a club and said he had a job open. So I played with the Isley Brothers for a while, and they used to make me do my thing (play with my teeth, etc.), because it made them more bucks or something. Most groups I was with didn’t let me do my own thing,” Hendrix wrote.
He rocked with the famous soul group for a few months, recording and performing on stages around the U.S. “I quit the Isley Brothers in Nashville. I got tired of playing in the key of F all the time, so I turned in my white mohair silk suit and patent leather shoes and began playing on street corners again.”..............Ronald and Ernie Isley have done several interviews praising Hendrix and his talent. They said he stayed in their mother’s house for two years and the brothers once gifted him with a brand new, left-handed guitar.

Forum List

Back