Lebanon's Hatred of Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.

A Symptom of Dysfunction.

The animosity of Lebanon towards Israel continues today only because it provides a convenient excuse for Hizballah to maintain a formidable arsenal that it uses to control Lebanon and to help its allies in Syria.
  • If Lebanon had prevented terrorist attacks from its territory against Israel, not one bullet would have been exchanged between the two countries. Today, Lebanon would be enjoying diplomatic relations with Israel, and the benefits of successful trade.
Lebanon's Hatred of Israel: A Symptom of Dysfunction

• Banned
^ Incidents in the entertainment industry have been just as visible. In Lebanon's only attempt to enter the Eurovision song contest, its contestant Aline Lahoudwas forced to withdraw in 2005 after Lebanon would not allow the program to be broadcast because it included a performance by an Israeli. Despite his huge popularity in Lebanon, the Jewish Moroccan-French comedian, Gad Elmaleh, was forced to cancel his performances at a 2009 Lebanese festival due to what Reina Sarkis, a Lebanese psychoanalyst living in France, described as Hizballah's "intellectual terrorism". In June 2010, a boycott targeted the British Rock band Placebo, performing in Lebanon, resulting in a lawsuit by the Lebanese concert promoter against the groups that organized the boycott. Popular Belgian-Italian singer Lara Fabian cancelled a concert in Lebanon in 2012, after she was the target of threats for supporting Israel.

Such incidents have occurred in academia as well. In March 2010, Palestinian scholar Sari Hanafi, a professor at the American University of Beirut, was verbally assaulted at the university by a crowd of nearly 300 for having worked with two Israeli scholars on a book, even though the book was critical of Israel.

• Banned
^ Lebanon has a law forbidding its citizens from interacting with Israeli citizens. As Michael J. Totten wrote:

"Lebanese citizens aren't allowed to have any communication of any kind with Israelis anywhere in the world. If citizens of the two countries meet, say, on a beach in Cyprus or in a bar in New York, the Lebanese risks prison just for saying hello."
The Lebanese online news source NOW explains that law in detail. Even a dual citizen (of Lebanon and Canada for example) could be jailed for interacting in the most innocuous way with an Israeli.

The Lebanese delegation, for example, recently refused to share a bus with the Israeli delegation at this year's Olympic Games in Rio, prompting the Israeli minister of culture and sports to describe the incident as, "anti-Semitism, pure and simple, and the worst kind of racism." The incident was, however, hardly surprising, considering the history of Lebanese animosity towards Israel.

• Banned
The Lebanese hatred for Israel reminds me of the Democrats hatred for America and the working man.

Could we keep it in the Levant?

I’d love to visit, particularly the Bekka Valley. But I shan’t.

My daughter said Beirut is not so wonderful, as I imagine Beirut to be.

The Lebanese hate Israel? Let me guess--for absolutely no reason at all. Zip. Zero. Nada. No reason, they just suddenly up and hated the Israelis. One day around two in the afternoon everybody was walking around thinking nothing but pleasant thoughts about Israel when, suddenly, kaBLOOey! The entire country was hit with a huge "hate-Israel-for-no-reason-at-all" spit wad from outer space. Poor Israel. For centuries, these giant spit wads from outer space making everybody hate the Jews. Damn you, outer space!

The Lebanese hate Israel? Let me guess--for absolutely no reason at all. Zip. Zero. Nada. No reason, they just suddenly up and hated the Israelis. One day around two in the afternoon everybody was walking around thinking nothing but pleasant thoughts about Israel when, suddenly, kaBLOOey! The entire country was hit with a huge "hate-Israel-for-no-reason-at-all" spit wad from outer space. Poor Israel. For centuries, these giant spit wads from outer space making everybody hate the Jews. Damn you, outer space!

Clue.

Hezbollah.

The Lebanese delegation, for example, recently refused to share a bus with the Israeli delegation at this year's Olympic Games in Rio, prompting the Israeli minister of culture and sports to describe the incident as, "anti-Semitism, pure and simple, and the worst kind of racism."

But...Lebanese are Semitic.

Must you?:102:
Must I what? Identify the fact that one group has hijacked the title 'Semite'? The VAST amount of Semitic peoples are not Jewish. A bit presumptuous of them no?

The Lebanese delegation, for example, recently refused to share a bus with the Israeli delegation at this year's Olympic Games in Rio, prompting the Israeli minister of culture and sports to describe the incident as, "anti-Semitism, pure and simple, and the worst kind of racism."

Must I what? Identify the fact that one group has hijacked the title 'Semite'? The VAST amount of Semitic peoples are not Jewish. A bit presumptuous of them no?

That’s not the topic.

That’s not the topic.
Oh no...it is very much the topic as it shows with glaring clarity the mindset of the Zionist.
Words have meaning and through this singular usurp of the title Semite the Zionists show that they ARE the only 'Semites' of consequence.
The rest are...Arabs? Terrorists? Others? Who cares...
No one should care, as this one group...this Jewish group of Semites are THE Semitic people.
This mindset, extrapolated out is demonstrative of Israeli policy in their neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back