Learn a new word daily

Paraprosdokian: a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part.

e.g.

Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Paraprosdokian: a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part.

e.g.

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

lol... post of the year... :clap2:

postprandial: following a meal (especially dinner)

"took a postprandial walk"

.... What’s the Occupy Wall Street program? Eat the rich.

And then what? Haven’t gotten that far.

No postprandial plans. But no matter. After all, this is not about programs or policies. This is about scapegoating, ....

Krauthammer: The scapegoat strategy - The Washington Post

Please! We aready have Fox viewers trying to cram their word of the day into a sentence.

e.g.

:lmao:

Hogget or hogg:

A young sheep of either sex from about 9 to 18 months of age (until it cuts two teeth). Also the meat of a hogget.

Sorry if this is a boring one. But hey, it was new to me. ( :

I learned it when I was looking up dam ewes.

Trematode;

A toad of the widespread but chiefly South American terrestrial family Bufonidae, having relatively short hind legs used in hopping and often having at the shoulders swellings containing glands that, along with the skin, secrete an irritating fluid and change color at the onset of an earthquake.

Trematode;

A toad of the widespread but chiefly South American terrestrial family Bufonidae, having relatively short hind legs used in hopping and often having at the shoulders swellings containing glands that, along with the skin, secrete an irritating fluid and change color at the onset of an earthquake.

:rofl:

and that's all I have to say about that! :lol:

mompetition

The one-up rivalry that moms play making their child seem better, smarter, and/ or more advanced than yours. May involve two or more moms and any number of children, even full-grown.
She engaged me in mompetition insisting her son walked at 6 months and implying my son was slow for his age.

Yestergay

An individual that reverts to heterosexuality after a long term of professed homosexuality.

"Did you hear about Steve getting married to a girl??? I thought he was gay?"
"Yeah he was but now he's yestergay."

acedia:

Acedia (also accidie or accedie, from Latin acedĭa, and this from Greek ἀκηδία, negligence) describes a state of listlessness or torpor, of not caring or not being concerned with one's position or condition in the world. It can lead to a state of being unable to perform one's duties in life. Its spiritual overtones make it related to but distinct from depression. Acedia was originally noted as a problem among monks and other ascetics who maintained a solitary life.

Acedia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ineptocracy

tshirt.jpg

:lmao:

Forum List

Back