Lawmakers tell Detroit - No welfare if your kids are truant from school

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Maybe this will get their attention. Too many parents neglect their kids. To them kids are just a way to get increased welfare.

With Half of the Students Chronically Absent, New Truancy Law Would Strip Welfare From Families

Oct. 16, 2015 The Jalen Rose Leadership Academy sets for itself a goal of graduating 85 percent of its students, having 85 percent of its graduates enroll in college and then seeing 85 percent of those students graduate from college. But the public charter school on the northwest side of Detroit may have difficulty reaching those goals when more than half its students were, as defined by the state, “chronically absent” from the classroom.

In several Michigan school districts, more than half the students are chronically absent. That is the backdrop for a new state law that will go into effect June 16, 2016. It gives the state the authority to strip welfare benefits from a “program group” — the current term for a household on welfare — in which children miss too much school.

Public Act 56 of 2015, signed into law by Gov. Rick Snyder in June, requires the Department of Health and Human Services to figure out within 12 months how to implement the policy

Maybe this will get their attention. Too many parents neglect their kids. To them kids are just a way to get increased welfare.

With Half of the Students Chronically Absent, New Truancy Law Would Strip Welfare From Families

Oct. 16, 2015 The Jalen Rose Leadership Academy sets for itself a goal of graduating 85 percent of its students, having 85 percent of its graduates enroll in college and then seeing 85 percent of those students graduate from college. But the public charter school on the northwest side of Detroit may have difficulty reaching those goals when more than half its students were, as defined by the state, “chronically absent” from the classroom.

In several Michigan school districts, more than half the students are chronically absent. That is the backdrop for a new state law that will go into effect June 16, 2016. It gives the state the authority to strip welfare benefits from a “program group” — the current term for a household on welfare — in which children miss too much school.

Public Act 56 of 2015, signed into law by Gov. Rick Snyder in June, requires the Department of Health and Human Services to figure out within 12 months how to implement the policy
I`m okay with this but to say someone has kids to get a bigger welfare check is just stupid. Have you ever cared for a child? I mean really cared for one outside of taking a kid fishing or to an amusement park? It`s a job!

Liberal/progressives are not either of those two words.

eventually the get around to being the Fascist that they really are

you see now how Government can give it (welfare, food stamps, etc) and how Government can then SQUASH YOU with it

• Banned
I`m okay with this but to say someone has kids to get a bigger welfare check is just stupid.!

HAHAHA. Are you serious?? Most black women are illiterate and can't get a job so getting money via welfare becomes their career. And more kids means more welfare. This is SOP in black culture.

I`m okay with this but to say someone has kids to get a bigger welfare check is just stupid.!

HAHAHA. Are you serious?? Most black women are illiterate and can't get a job so getting money via welfare becomes their career. And more kids means more welfare. This is SOP in black culture.

And, of course, all kids by different "fathers". More to demand child support from.

I would have welfare checks dependent on the grades the kids get, graded on a curve. f = go hungry, you don't care, why should we. D= rice and beans, c= hamburger helper. b=add the hamburger. A = new york steaks
Now there's a recipe for corruption if I've ever seen one.
True.... but incentives work better than no incentives. Why I specified grading on a curve. Otherwise they would all get As

Considering how dangerous school has become for kids, sending them to school could be the negligent thing so I don't see how this can be labeled a fair deal, but then again, I have heard it said that life is not fair.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I`m okay with this but to say someone has kids to get a bigger welfare check is just stupid. Have you ever cared for a child? I mean really cared for one outside of taking a kid fishing or to an amusement park? It`s a job!
And part of taking care of them is making sure they attend school. That's kinda the point, right?
Yes it is. Obviously some people here have never changed a child`s diaper or any other fucking thing that had to do with caring for a young child. They have too many kids because they`re irresponsible. If there was big money to be made from welfare they would be cranking out at least a dozen kids each. Do any of you racist goons even attempt to think before spewing your stupid ass theories?

Yes it is. Obviously some people here have never changed a child`s diaper or any other fucking thing that had to do with caring for a young child. They have too many kids because they`re irresponsible. If there was big money to be made from welfare they would be cranking out at least a dozen kids each. Do any of you racist goons even attempt to think before spewing your stupid ass theories?
I've little doubt that reproducing and living off the government has become a way of life for many. I've less doubt that you think it is a natural part of life that you don't see it as parasitic.

We have to consider that many of the kids that don't go to school are correctly judging that they will not gain anything from being there.

Either the school is too crappy, or they are too stupid.

Repeal truancy laws. Let the schools focus on the kids that actually want to learn.

We have to consider that many of the kids that don't go to school are correctly judging that they will not gain anything from being there.

Of course that's true. The parents are on welfare and they expect their kids to do the same.

I think the mothers had better start naming the fathers of their kids and then make them pay support instead of welfare. If the mother cannot name and prove who the father is, the welfare money goes to daycare while she is working like responsible citizens do.

And part of taking care of them is making sure they attend school. That's kinda the point, right?

It's not racist to point out negligent parenting. Thugs and Dr Ben Carson came from the same background. What do you think makes them turn out differently.

Of course that's true. The parents are on welfare and they expect their kids to do the same.

Or maybe they foresee a life of manual or low level service employment and want to get started instead of wasting their time in school.

Great idea in theory, horrible on in practice. Making poor stressed out people even poorer? Ya that never had a bad outcome.

800px-Ex%C3%A9cution_de_Marie_Antoinette_le_16_octobre_1793.jpg

You don't live in a city with a majority negro population, do you?

Never really looked at negro illegitimacy rates, dropout rates or crime rates, have you?

Spitting out kids IS a tactic used to get more free stuff and enhanced benefits...They're gaming the system and creating successive generations of welfare dependent "people".

Forum List

Back