Lawmakers tell Detroit - No welfare if your kids are truant from school

Maybe this will get their attention. Too many parents neglect their kids. To them kids are just a way to get increased welfare.

With Half of the Students Chronically Absent, New Truancy Law Would Strip Welfare From Families

Oct. 16, 2015 The Jalen Rose Leadership Academy sets for itself a goal of graduating 85 percent of its students, having 85 percent of its graduates enroll in college and then seeing 85 percent of those students graduate from college. But the public charter school on the northwest side of Detroit may have difficulty reaching those goals when more than half its students were, as defined by the state, “chronically absent” from the classroom.

In several Michigan school districts, more than half the students are chronically absent. That is the backdrop for a new state law that will go into effect June 16, 2016. It gives the state the authority to strip welfare benefits from a “program group” — the current term for a household on welfare — in which children miss too much school.

Public Act 56 of 2015, signed into law by Gov. Rick Snyder in June, requires the Department of Health and Human Services to figure out within 12 months how to implement the policy
I`m okay with this but to say someone has kids to get a bigger welfare check is just stupid. Have you ever cared for a child? I mean really cared for one outside of taking a kid fishing or to an amusement park? It`s a job!

You don't live in a city with a majority negro population, do you?

Never really looked at negro illegitimacy rates, dropout rates or crime rates, have you?

Spitting out kids IS a tactic used to get more free stuff and enhanced benefits...They're gaming the system and creating successive generations of welfare dependent "people".
So you have a peer reviewed study to support your assertion as to why people have more kids than they can support? I`ll wait but please don`t c&p something from Stormfront or any of your other stupid teabagger sites.

It's not racist to point out negligent parenting. Thugs and Dr Ben Carson came from the same background. What do you think makes them turn out differently.

Carson got massive affirmative action special treatment. Even at that he's a fraud. He's not the brilliant neurosurgeon the press says he is.

Maybe this will get their attention. Too many parents neglect their kids. To them kids are just a way to get increased welfare.

With Half of the Students Chronically Absent, New Truancy Law Would Strip Welfare From Families

Oct. 16, 2015 The Jalen Rose Leadership Academy sets for itself a goal of graduating 85 percent of its students, having 85 percent of its graduates enroll in college and then seeing 85 percent of those students graduate from college. But the public charter school on the northwest side of Detroit may have difficulty reaching those goals when more than half its students were, as defined by the state, “chronically absent” from the classroom.

In several Michigan school districts, more than half the students are chronically absent. That is the backdrop for a new state law that will go into effect June 16, 2016. It gives the state the authority to strip welfare benefits from a “program group” — the current term for a household on welfare — in which children miss too much school.

Public Act 56 of 2015, signed into law by Gov. Rick Snyder in June, requires the Department of Health and Human Services to figure out within 12 months how to implement the policy
I`m okay with this but to say someone has kids to get a bigger welfare check is just stupid. Have you ever cared for a child? I mean really cared for one outside of taking a kid fishing or to an amusement park? It`s a job!

Thats just it,they dont take care of them.

Spitting out kids IS a tactic used to get more free stuff and enhanced benefits...They're gaming the system and creating successive generations of welfare dependent "people".

And this has been going on for 50 years with no end in sight. We have to start sterilizing people as a condition for welfare.

It's not racist to point out negligent parenting. Thugs and Dr Ben Carson came from the same background. What do you think makes them turn out differently.

Carson got massive affirmative action special treatment. Even at that he's a fraud. He's not the brilliant neurosurgeon the press says he is.

You dont get to be head of neurosurgery at John Hopkins by being black.
That works in a lot of other professions but brain surgeon ain't one of em.

It's not a job. It's a responsibility.

I would have welfare checks dependent on the grades the kids get, graded on a curve. f = go hungry, you don't care, why should we. D= rice and beans, c= hamburger helper. b=add the hamburger. A = new york steaks
Now there's a recipe for corruption if I've ever seen one.

Just like the Atlanta "educators" in the test score cheating case that did so in order to receive bonuses.

We have to consider that many of the kids that don't go to school are correctly judging that they will not gain anything from being there.

Either the school is too crappy, or they are too stupid.

Repeal truancy laws. Let the schools focus on the kids that actually want to learn.

As long as those who choose not to or aren't made to go by their parents aren't allowed to live off the rest of us when their lack of education earns them a low wage.

Great idea in theory, horrible on in practice. Making poor stressed out people even poorer? Ya that never had a bad outcome.

800px-Ex%C3%A9cution_de_Marie_Antoinette_le_16_octobre_1793.jpg

Does that mean you believe those parents should continue to get a handout even though they don't send their kids to the one place that can allow them to better themselves in order that they, later in life, don't have to rely on the rest of us to be forced to support them?

If poor people, as you say, are made more stressed, if they aren't sending their kids to school and it stresses them, aren't they the one causing that additional stress?

What do you suggest?

And part of taking care of them is making sure they attend school. That's kinda the point, right?
Yes it is. Obviously some people here have never changed a child`s diaper or any other fucking thing that had to do with caring for a young child. They have too many kids because they`re irresponsible. If there was big money to be made from welfare they would be cranking out at least a dozen kids each. Do any of you racist goons even attempt to think before spewing your stupid ass theories?

You can't speak about anything without the screeching of being a Racist from these lefties, who doesn't add anything else to the conversations. Its become so pathetic

Given that 35.4% of Americans are on some form of welfare, there's really not a big difference percentage wise between white welfare recipients (38.8%) and black welfare recipients (39.8%)

Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain

Sadly, a large number of welfare recipients are our own military, redeeming just over $100 million in food stamps in 2013 at their local Commissaries.

Oh yes you do. Affirmative action is everywhere. We have two supreme court justices that got there because of AA.

Given that 35.4% of Americans are on some form of welfare, there's really not a big difference percentage wise between white welfare recipients (38.8%) and black welfare recipients (39.8%)

That's BS. In the first place whites outnumber blacks 5-1 so those numbers say blacks are 5 times as likely to be on welfare as whites. In the second place Obozo counts lots of hispanic welfare bums as white. In reality blacks are 10, maybe 15 times as likely as whites to be on welfare. THINK

Oh yes you do. Affirmative action is everywhere. We have two supreme court justices that got there because of AA.

While I respect your opinion at times this aint one of em.

What???? Sotomayor and Thomas got on the court because they were brown and black and everyone knows it. While i like Thomas as a judge, fact is he shouldn't be there.

There's a big difference between some activist judge and a brain surgeon.

We have to consider that many of the kids that don't go to school are correctly judging that they will not gain anything from being there.

Repeal truancy laws. Let the schools focus on the kids that actually want to learn.

As long as those who choose not to or aren't made to go by their parents aren't allowed to live off the rest of us when their lack of education earns them a low wage.

Certainly.

Though it should be kept in mind that

A. Not having a formal education does not assure a low wage.

and

B. Many of the reasons that it is so hard to make a decent wage without an education are the results of policies that can be changed. See Degree Inflation and bad Trade Policy.

What???? Sotomayor and Thomas got on the court because they were brown and black and everyone knows it. While i like Thomas as a judge, fact is he shouldn't be there.

The quotes I've heard from Thomas sound like someone I want on that Court, regardless of skin color, gender, lifestyle choices, or human vs cyborg status.

I'd grown up fearing the lynch mobs of the Ku Klux Klan; as an adult I was starting to wonder if I'd been afraid of the wrong white people all along - where I was being pursued not by bigots in white robes, but by left-wing zealots draped in flowing sanctimony.
Clarence Thomas

Read more at Clarence Thomas Quotes at BrainyQuote

Certainly.

and

B. Many of the reasons that it is so hard to make a decent wage without an education are the results of policies that can be changed. See Degree Inflation and bad Trade Policy.

While it doesn't assure a low wage, statistics do show that the lower the education the lower the income. In general, someone with less than a high school diploma earns significantly less than someone with an advanced college degree.

Certainly.

and

While it doesn't assure a low wage, statistics do show that the lower the education the lower the income. In general, someone with less than a high school diploma earns significantly less than someone with an advanced college degree.

Very true.

But some people are not going to be doing work that requires a lot of higher thinking.

From housecleaners to garbage men to painters to roofers, ect, ect ect.

There is no reason to force them to go to school and be bored and make trouble for the students who want to learn, when they could be already earning.

Forum List

Back