Law enforcement! To protect and serve?

For those who get harassed by the police I feel for you. I really do. But I'm white so I'm not trying to rock the boat.

Thank you for your service, officers. :thup:

Yea and that's messed up. The should have a better deseeding process.
They typically look for low IQ rednecks with an inclination to crack heads if they have the law behind them. I almost became a cop but they turned me off so badly in the interview process I told the guy to go suck a dick and walked out.

You know, only 30 percent of the age eligible people in America are able to serve in the military. Most are weeded out because of civil convictions, health issues, or no HS diploma, or a low score on the ASVAB.

But......................

It seems like they will let any schmuck who is able to get through the academy be a cop. And, looking at a lot of cops, why is it that a lot of them are fat? In the Navy, you were only allowed to go up to 22 percent body fat. If you went over that? You were given 3 PRT cycles to get in standards, or you were discharged.

I'm white myself. and I also thank them for their service. There does need to be police officers to enforce the law to keep order. If it was up to the people it would be mayhem and chaos. I just don't like the behavior of some cops.

arrests you for it and takes you to jail.

Very few offenders are remanded even overnight these days. They are often back on the streets on no fee bail within hours of the arrest.

Doesn't change the fact that in performing an arrest, it is the cops that are enforcing the law. They take you off the streets, and then you are remanded to the bureaucracy of the judicial system.

Then, when the judicial system has determined your guilt, if you are sent to jail, the bureaucracy stops, and the enforcement starts again at the hands of the cops.

Weird how most of the cops I know think I should have been a cop.

Truly, but then again, most people have a different persona on an Internet message board where there are very few repercussions for their speech.

Truly, but then again, most people have a different persona on an Internet message board where there are very few repercussions for their speech.
I'm not most people. What you see here is what you would get if you were brave enough to discuss the topic with me in real life. I find that most people tend to shy away from confrontation in real life. I have no idea why. Its not like i'm going to beat you up if you disagree with me.

Police Officers, "To protect and serve". I disagree with that statement. I don't see them serving or protecting, all I see with local law enforcement is, under trained, unprofessional young adults who got picked on and bullied in high school. There is a kid who became an officer that I went to school with, and he got picked on everyday. The problem with that is, do they have a personal vendetta? The people who picked on him throughout high school, even though they were wrong for doing that, say it seems like the officer is out to get them. To me these officers that got bullied in high school seem to be trying to prove something and just causing unnecessary trouble by looking for any little thing and make it a big problem. I have see it with my own eyes.
Police officers just harass and stir up trouble. They cuss at you, treat you bad, and don't care or want to listen to what you have to say. I know people that get extremely nervous when pulled over by an officer, and they never did anything wrong. No record, no traffic violations, never been arrested, and don't have anything illegal in their car. I don't think its right that Police Officers are putting fear into innocent people. Its pretty bad when everyone trys to avoid officers, who are suppose to be there to protect and serve, and wouldn't ask them for help even if their life depended on it. You might actually need their help but afraid to call them because they will look for a reason to arrest you.
I read an article awhile back and did you know that police officers are allowed to lie to citizens? The actually go through a course to teach how to affectively lie to us? But god forbid we lie to them its a big problem.
Last thing I got to say is that it just seems like you are guilty until you are proven innocent not innocent until proven guilty.

What I personally witnessed of Police Officers on the Vegas Strip Sunday night makes you and your opinion......A PIECE OF SHIT!

Police Officers, "To protect and serve". I disagree with that statement. I don't see them serving or protecting, all I see with local law enforcement is, under trained, unprofessional young adults who got picked on and bullied in high school. There is a kid who became an officer that I went to school with, and he got picked on everyday. The problem with that is, do they have a personal vendetta? The people who picked on him throughout high school, even though they were wrong for doing that, say it seems like the officer is out to get them. To me these officers that got bullied in high school seem to be trying to prove something and just causing unnecessary trouble by looking for any little thing and make it a big problem. I have see it with my own eyes.
Police officers just harass and stir up trouble. They cuss at you, treat you bad, and don't care or want to listen to what you have to say. I know people that get extremely nervous when pulled over by an officer, and they never did anything wrong. No record, no traffic violations, never been arrested, and don't have anything illegal in their car. I don't think its right that Police Officers are putting fear into innocent people. Its pretty bad when everyone trys to avoid officers, who are suppose to be there to protect and serve, and wouldn't ask them for help even if their life depended on it. You might actually need their help but afraid to call them because they will look for a reason to arrest you.
I read an article awhile back and did you know that police officers are allowed to lie to citizens? The actually go through a course to teach how to affectively lie to us? But god forbid we lie to them its a big problem.
Last thing I got to say is that it just seems like you are guilty until you are proven innocent not innocent until proven guilty.

What I personally witnessed of Police Officers on the Vegas Strip Sunday night makes you and your opinion......A PIECE OF SHIT!
That's a totally different situation. You cant come compare Cops taking down a psycho, to local cops harassing people for no reason everyday. Plus if you actually paid attention I stated not all cops behave in a way I disagree with. So you are saying that's its ok for cops to abuse the little power they have to terrorize innocent people, and to lie to the people who are suppose to trust them? For what happened on Sunday, that is a very tragic situation and if cops didn't handle it then there would be an even bigger issue. Police taking down a psycho is good, Police trying to make your life a living hell, not ok.

I'm not most people. What you see here is what you would get if you were brave enough to discuss the topic with me in real life. I find that most people tend to shy away from confrontation in real life. I have no idea why. Its not like i'm going to beat you up if you disagree with me.
I don't understand why people automatically think since you are discussing a topic online that you are afraid of discussing it in real life. Maybe we want to see what other people may think on a topic then the day to day people we deal with in everyday life. I agree with you Asclepias.

I agree with you and ThatDude30. I have no problems with you if we disagree, but please have the courtesy to explain to me why you believe that way without resorting to name calling and the like. If you explain why you hold those convictions without name calling and being disagreeable, I'm able to listen to you better because I'm not defensive, and you just may teach me something that I didn't know before, or maybe you will be able to correct some facts I may have gotten wrong. Happens all the time, and to tell you the truth, I'd rather have someone correct me than allow me to continue down a wrong path.

And yeah..............I've noticed that in real life, when people come to a disagreement in the conversation (I'll talk to anyone at anytime), they tend to shy away and say "nice to talk with you" and then bury their face in their phone most of the time.

But..............there are those times where the other person is just like me, and we will sit there and talk for a while. I've had conversations that started in line waiting for something, and we were still standing there talking 10 min. after we'd both finished our shopping. And, most times, in those cases, I thank the person for being able to disagree without being disagreeable. We need more of that in this country.

That's a totally different situation. You cant come compare Cops taking down a psycho, to local cops harassing people for no reason everyday. Plus if you actually paid attention I stated not all cops behave in a way I disagree with. So you are saying that's its ok for cops to abuse the little power they have to terrorize innocent people, and to lie to the people who are suppose to trust them? For what happened on Sunday, that is a very tragic situation and if cops didn't handle it then there would be an even bigger issue. Police taking down a psycho is good, Police trying to make your life a living hell, not ok.

Easy. Refrain from doing stupid shit in front of a cop.

Easy. Refrain from doing stupid shit in front of a cop.
You are servile in your commitment to authority.

They gave up the "protect and serve" around here some time ago. They just enforce the law now, that's it.

Forum List

Back