Alex.

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2014
I made enough for almost everyone....:party:

IMG_20170103_081506_zpsicvtki06.jpg

I make World Famous Atomic Lasagna. LOVE IT.

A tip - make individual 'rollups'. Easy to do, easy to freeze and you don't end up over eating or throwing out. Probably lots of recipes online but we have a bunch of antique Pyrex single serving, lidded casserole things that are perfect for a lot of things like that.

Another thing we make with these dishes are little quiches with shredded potato on the bottom. Yummy and no work.

Biggest mistake people make in making Lasagne, Manicotti, or Calzones is in not seasoning the Ricotta.
Garlic powder, oregano, salt sometimes adding a beaten egg to bind for Calzones or Manicotti goes a long way other wise the Ricotta is to bland.

Biggest mistake people make in making Lasagne, Manicotti, or Calzones is in not seasoning the Ricotta.
Garlic powder, oregano, salt sometimes adding a beaten egg to bind for Calzones or Manicotti goes a long way other wise the Ricotta is to bland.
yep depends on what you want in the dish.

I love lasagna. I tried doing it in the crockpot once. Aint worth it.

I love lasagna. I tried doing it in the crockpot once. Aint worth it.

I have a friend who was raised in an Irish mob family in Baltimore...she said the Italians made red sauce with pork in her neighborhood when she was a girl....

I'd never heard of using, like, ribs..or big pieces of meat in red sauce. I was married to an Italian whose grandparents were Sicilian and they always made meatballs for their red sauce as far as I knew...

But it was super yum.

The sauce is the star of the show in this dish

Forum List

Back