Larry Hogan and the Fantasy World of Moderate anti-Trump Republicanism

From the OP link:

In essence, northeastern “moderates” like Hogan, Baker, and Vermont governor Phil Scott are triangulating against their national party, much as southern conservative Democrats did for decades. There’s no way the spurned national party is going to embrace them (nor should it, really), other than as regional survival options.

This sums it up in a nutshell.

The GTP wants nothing to do with RINOS…

From the OP link:

In essence, northeastern “moderates” like Hogan, Baker, and Vermont governor Phil Scott are triangulating against their national party, much as southern conservative Democrats did for decades. There’s no way the spurned national party is going to embrace them (nor should it, really), other than as regional survival options.

This sums it up in a nutshell.

The GTP wants nothing to do with RINOS…
How is Hogan a rino? What policies does he support that are not "conservative?"

I live in Maryland and mostly vote Democratic

But at think Hogan is doing a great job and puts the needs of Maryland residents over the demands of his party

I live in Maryland and mostly vote Democratic

But at think Hogan is doing a great job and puts the needs of Maryland residents over the demands of his party
Well, his latest initiative seems to be a tax cut, and he's anti-abortion, so he's certainly not a dem. I think he was against the Sup Ct oking gay marriage for all states (so was I). I'm not really sure what else separates the parties other than being personally tied to Trump regardless of issues. Today Trump appears to be bashing gop governors who don't tout vaccines. I suspect Trump realizes he's unelectable unless independents will agree he was "tough" on covid.

I judge people by their ability to put a point across intelligently...and I can't think of a single RINO that can do that....they all are like dems...emotion over intellect and feelings over substance....just like liberals....

Forum List

Back