Larry Elder attacked in California

The statement is posted by one of your friends above. Here it is, read it.
“When people talk about reparations, do they really want to have that conversation? Like it or not, slavery was legal,” Elder said. “Their legal property was taken away from them after the Civil War, so you could make an argument that the people that are owed reparations are not only just Black people but also the people whose ‘property’ was taken away after the end of the Civil War.” He's clearly NOT advocating for reparations for slave owners. He's making the point that any reparations are both stupid and wrong, and that the same argument pro reparation people are making for the descendants of slaves can be used to make an argument for the descendants of the slave owners.
LOL! At the point he says. "their legal property was taken way from them after the Civil war" is the point he loses all credibility with me. After the Civil war..all slaves had been freed by the Emancipation Proclamation---pending the final disposition via the 13th. As they, the Confederacy, were a foreign power..they had no rights under our govt. save those we chose to give them. That's what losing a war means.

Never mind the mind-blowing concession that he feels the slave owners had any kind of valid argument.

BTW i admire the twisting you had to do to make that argument....gymnastics your thing?

My father's estate is still responsible for any debts he owed. That's how it works. However, it's not individuals who owe that particular debt. It's the country as a whole.
I realize that this is hypothetical but your statement is only partially true. Your inference is totally wrong. Your following statement, "That's how it works" is totally, 100% wrong!

Nope. He never said slave owners were deserving of reparations. He recounted the history that the UK gvt. paid slave owners reparations to avoid a civil war, and therefore "you could make an argument that the people that are owed reparations are not only just Black people but also the people whose 'property' was taken away after the end of the Civil War." HUGE difference for what you claimed. Huge.
Heck I was born in the sixties, and grew up poor with black and white friends who were poor also. Never have been a racist, and didn't hang out with black's or white's that were racist.

Fast forward to desegregation of the public schools, and here we have all the district's now redrawn in order to send white's to majority black school's, and black's to majority white school's.

Well that went over like a skunk spraying the basement in your home.

I finally met racist, and they were black in this case. They treated me as a white student very badly, otherwise in a very abusive way. Everything about the situation failed, but I never blamed anyone in a blanketing way, only just the one's who had abused the white's in a racist way. It shows that it's in everyone whether black, white, green or blue. So judging the character is the right thing, and never the color.

I could ask for reparations myself, but rather I took the bigger person approach, and forgave my trespasser's as hopefully God will forgive mine.

Gov. Newsom is not a clown, he's very bright and concerned as much for his career as is he cares for the people of CA and our environment. The effort to recall Gov. Newsom is an example of the Republican Party costing California tax payers nearly a quarter of a billion dollars, when the primary election comes early 2022. How that for being fiscally responsible?

Compared to the Governors of Florida and Texas, and their attack on their constituents, Gov. Newsom is a saint.
Cali is a very very blue state ! if it were only republicans that were upset at him he wouldnt need to call out the lefts big guns [Obama Biden Harris ] to speak out and support him ! the left knows that though it may be just a slight chance that Elder can win he poses enough of a threat to be taken very very seriously ! and thats because he is getting support from moderates republicans and independents in Cali !

It's an investment. Getting rid of Newsom is well worth it.

A "saint" who cuts deals with lobbyists at the French Laundry restaurant and who exempts his own businesses from closure due to covid worries.
Kind of a small thing Newsome is accused of doing compared to trump trying to overthrow our government on January 6, mainly because the piece of shit lost the election against Biden by millions of votes, both electoral and popular.

They pale in comparison to the number of white inbred conservatives.
wow-who-d816aae976-S.jpg

Kind of a small thing Newsome is accused of doing compared to trump trying to overthrow our government on January 6, mainly because the piece of shit lost the election against Biden by millions of votes, both electoral and popular.
Amusing that you would take great pride in your pronounced ignorance on this topic.

Why?

So this must be some kind of cracka joke I never heard of before? :)
I'm curious, do you believe that calling someone from Florida a "cracka" is derogatory? Nothing could be further from the truth, but, whatever floats your boat.

Modern usage​

Among some Floridians, the term is used as a proud or jocular self-description. Since the huge influx of new residents into Florida in the late 20th and early 21st centuries, from the northern parts of the United States and from Mexico and Latin America, the term Florida cracker is used informally by some Floridians to indicate that their families have lived in the state for many generations. It is considered a source of pride to be descended from "frontier people who did not just live but flourished in a time before air conditioning, mosquito repellent, and screens" according to Florida history writer Dana Ste. Claire.

Wow, just an egg?? How about a shaving cream pie, or a water balloon. I didn't know who Larry Elder was until I saw his ad for Governor on TV, had I made an attack on him, so to speak, my attack would be toss pity at this clown. Pity, metaphorically in the manner of laughing out loud.
Great post. You are all in. You are enthusiastic. You are very excited to see attacks on a man you admit you know nothing about!

You don't know who he is but you join the attacks.

I must say, you are pretty fucking stupid to declare and admit so much about yourself

This dude Elder is an unrepentant sell out. He has long been known to the Black community for his frequent episodes of boot licking.

How dare Larry Elder leave the Democratic plantation and start thinking for himself! We can't have a black man doing that now can we?

let me tell you about this guy Elder: he is to to the right of Trump. he would make Trump blush

/thread

Forum List

Back