Landlord sued for obeying the law and evicting illegal aliens

Wrong again. A private business is the same as a private club is the same as a private home. THINK, america-hater.
No blockhead. Private clubs are exempt from PA laws. I knew you were a retard but I thought even you knew this.

I'm not talking about the law, you brainless burrhead. I'm giving my opinion and i think private businesses and private clubs and private homes should be free to exclude anyone they wish. That's freedom and you fascists want to end it.

Wrong again. A private business is the same as a private club is the same as a private home. THINK, america-hater.
No blockhead. Private clubs are exempt from PA laws. I knew you were a retard but I thought even you knew this.

I'm not talking about the law, you brainless burrhead. I'm giving my opinion and i think private businesses and private clubs and private homes should be free to exclude anyone they wish. That's freedom and you fascists want to end it.
No one asked for your opinion you blockhead. I told you businesses and private clubs are different. Your silly opinion wont change that.

In other words you are dodging the subject.
Fucking coward.

No one asked for your opinion you blockhead. I told you businesses and private clubs are different. Your silly opinion wont change that.

Legally they are different and that needs to end. The law needs to be changed and treat them as identical and thus let any business refuse service to anyone they wish. Why do you hate freedom so much?

Legally they are different and that needs to end. The law needs to be changed and treat them as identical and thus let any business refuse service to anyone they wish. Why do you hate freedom so much?
Absolute bullshit!

Make up your mind dummy. First you said they are the same. Why cant you maintain a consistent position?

Make up your mind dummy. First you said they are the same. Why cant you maintain a consistent position?
You must be kidding half the time he doesn't know what year it is.

All private businesses should be free to refuse service to anyone they wish. Just like you can refuse people to enter your house.
Not if they want to serve the public. If they want to be a private club then i agree.

It appears your definition of "private business" isn't the same as the rest of America. Is your KKK chapter a "private business"?

Section 1324 of title 8 of the US code says it's a federal felony to knowingly encourage illegals to live here and this landlord would obviously be doing that if he let them stay. He has no legal choice and yet he's being sued!!!

Illegal Immigrants Sue After Landlord Demands Documentation For Housing [VIDEO]

may 24 2016 Four Latino families filed papers to sue their Virginia landlord Monday after he threatened eviction due to illegal family members living on the premises.

The civil rights lawsuit filed by families living in Waples Mobile Home Park in Fairfax County, Va., claims it is discriminatory to require a social security number for residency. The landlords at the mobile home park are requiring residents to provide either a social security card, passport or valid visa with documentation to renew their leases, reports The Washington Post.

The lawyers representing the families, from the Legal Aid Justice Center (LAJC) and Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan law firm, say the actions are targeted discrimination that disproportionately affects Latinos in the community. All the families involved in the lawsuit have lived in the park for at least two
How did they rent in the first place?
The landlord did not follow his stated policy. Now he is, which is likely why he is getting sued.

It is , of course, also possible that a legal citizen rented the place in their name and now the landlord is checking the identify of everyone who lives in the house.
When I rent out everyone that is living there is listed on the rental agreement. If they are not on the agreement they are evicted. Why didnt he check prior to renting out the places?

When I rent out everyone that is living there is listed on the rental agreement. If they are not on the agreement they are evicted. Why didnt he check prior to renting out the places?

My bet is the landlord got greedy and got caught.

Section 1324 of title 8 of the US code says it's a federal felony to knowingly encourage illegals to live here and this landlord would obviously be doing that if he let them stay. He has no legal choice and yet he's being sued!!!
How did they rent in the first place?
The landlord did not follow his stated policy. Now he is, which is likely why he is getting sued.

It is , of course, also possible that a legal citizen rented the place in their name and now the landlord is checking the identify of everyone who lives in the house.

My bet is the landlord got greedy and got caught.
He would never do that !
Extreme sarcasm.

The landlords at the mobile home park are requiring residents to provide either a social security card, passport or valid visa with documentation to renew their leases, reports The Washington Post.

This is for a lease renewal, therefore, the tenants have no case.

The landlords at the mobile home park are requiring residents to provide either a social security card, passport or valid visa with documentation to renew their leases, reports The Washington Post.

I'd like to point out they own the homes.

You sure? because most leases only run for a year, after that it's month to month.

I'd like to point out they own the homes.
True , space rent is an alien concept to the op .
he's a squatter in more ways than one.

As a long time landlord, I require all prospects to complete a application which requires an SS#. I have often been given phony SS#. I just don't rent to them.

I have never required that from my tenants.
Really?

I use a tenant application provided by my local rental property owners association. The app asks for SSN along with a lot of other typical information. I then request a credit report provided by the association. If the applicant has given me a bogus SSN, it is clearly revealed in the credit report.

Yeah they do. The guy asked for SSN after the fact which is against the law.

As a long time landlord, I require all prospects to complete a application which requires an SS#. I have often been given phony SS#. I just don't rent to them.

I have never required that from my tenants.
Really?

I use a tenant application provided by my local rental property owners association. The app asks for SSN along with a lot of other typical information. I then request a credit report provided by the association. If the applicant has given me a bogus SSN, it is clearly revealed in the credit report.
Irrelevant.

You sure? because most leases only run for a year, after that it's month to month.
In this case the leases at the park are long term. However the management company revoked only the leases of the Hispanics in order to jack up fees on a month to month basis.

Forum List

Back