Landlord sued for obeying the law and evicting illegal aliens

Section 1324 of title 8 of the US code says it's a federal felony to knowingly encourage illegals to live here and this landlord would obviously be doing that if he let them stay. He has no legal choice and yet he's being sued!!!
How did they rent in the first place?
What was the old saying?
Oh yeah . Closed the barn door after the horses got out.

Apparently you didnt read the article either.
Apparently you're talking out your ass.

great response......continue to show your ignorance,fine by me.
it was a appropriate response to your false assumption.

Section 1324 of title 8 of the US code says it's a federal felony to knowingly encourage illegals to live here and this landlord would obviously be doing that if he let them stay. He has no legal choice and yet he's being sued!!!

Illegal Immigrants Sue After Landlord Demands Documentation For Housing [VIDEO]

may 24 2016 Four Latino families filed papers to sue their Virginia landlord Monday after he threatened eviction due to illegal family members living on the premises.

The civil rights lawsuit filed by families living in Waples Mobile Home Park in Fairfax County, Va., claims it is discriminatory to require a social security number for residency. The landlords at the mobile home park are requiring residents to provide either a social security card, passport or valid visa with documentation to renew their leases, reports The Washington Post.

The lawyers representing the families, from the Legal Aid Justice Center (LAJC) and Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan law firm, say the actions are targeted discrimination that disproportionately affects Latinos in the community. All the families involved in the lawsuit have lived in the park for at least two

Obviously the landlord didn't check their immigration status prior.
He should have...sucks because shit like this makes it harder for folks like me that do rent...and ARE citizens.
cry baby.

Since they had been living there for awhile and paying rent and other bills would they be entitled to the security deposit?

I would think so.
Then would that make the landlord guilty of profiting from a illegal enterprise?

Racketeering Definition | Investopedia

No..it would make the legal renters guilty for letting the illegals move in.
they would be if true .
but the landlord would be an accomplice and still be guilty of racketeering.
Racketeering
Crime
A racket is a service that is fraudulently offered to solve a problem, such as for a problem that does not actually exist, that will not be put into effect, or that would not otherwise exist if the racket did not exist. Conducting a racket is racketeering. Particularly, the potential problem may be caused by the same party that offers to solve it, although that fact may be concealed, with the specific intent to engender continual patronage for this party. The most common example of a racket is the "protection racket", the racket itself promised to protect the target business or person from dangerous individuals in the neighborhood, the racket then either collects their money or causes the damages to the business until the owner pays. Basically, the racket is the problem and solution all in one and is used as a method of extortion.

After waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much research here's what I think.

I don't think the landlord, Dwoskin, is involved in this. There's more to the story than we know. This is interesting. ..

GRANT AWARDEE: Alice Foltz (USA) -

when ShootSpeeders and DAWS enter a thread, it's time to abandon all hope that it will remain an intelligent thread. Bailing out....

What was the old saying?

Sorry for my mistake ...and your apparent lack of information retention.
The article made it pretty clear the illegals moved in with legal renters.

Since they had been living there for awhile and paying rent and other bills would they be entitled to the security deposit?

I would think so.
Then would that make the landlord guilty of profiting from a illegal enterprise?

they would be if true .
Racketeering
Crime
A racket is a service that is fraudulently offered to solve a problem, such as for a problem that does not actually exist, that will not be put into effect, or that would not otherwise exist if the racket did not exist. Conducting a racket is racketeering. Particularly, the potential problem may be caused by the same party that offers to solve it, although that fact may be concealed, with the specific intent to engender continual patronage for this party. The most common example of a racket is the "protection racket", the racket itself promised to protect the target business or person from dangerous individuals in the neighborhood, the racket then either collects their money or causes the damages to the business until the owner pays. Basically, the racket is the problem and solution all in one and is used as a method of extortion.

Not if he tried to do something when he found out.

What was the old saying?

your point?
the land lord is ultimately responsible.

I would think so.

they would be if true .
Racketeering
Crime

no proof he did.
next desperate speculation.

your point?

Aaaaaahhh...so let me get this straight. If a renter commits a crime the landlord gets convicted?

I would think so.

they would be if true .
Racketeering
Crime

no proof he did.

So the whole law suite is a figment of your little mind?

your point?

Aaaaaahhh...so let me get this straight. If a renter commits a crime the landlord gets convicted?
in this case the land lord is a participant ...thanks for playing.

your point?

So he's being sued by his coconspirators? :lmao:

they would be if true .
Racketeering
Crime

no proof he did.

pull that out of your ass too?
there is no evidence that when he found out or knew all along that he did anything to stop it .
am I typing too fast for you?

your point?

So he's being sued by his coconspirators? :lmao:
after a fashion either way he's guilty. strike three.

they would be if true .
Racketeering
Crime

no proof he did.

there is no evidence that when he found out or knew all along that he did anything to stop it .

Show me the evidence that he was a coconspirator.
But no matter how much you want to twist logic the fact remains he is being sued for following the law.

they would be if true .
Racketeering
Crime

no proof he did.

Show me the evidence that he was a coconspirator.
But no matter how much you want to twist logic the fact remains he is being sued for following the law.
none needed, he already proved he was by not evicting them immediately.
he only followed the law because it was at this point to his advantage.
if the situation had been different this never would have happened .
the land lord as patriot shit won't cut it.

What was the old saying?

If that were true you would have quoted it. Since you didnt I call bullshit.

Forum List

Back