"Lame Stream Media" comes to Caribou's defense?

As they should. The book is basically tabloid trash that relies on "unnamed sources".

Not that it hasn't been hilarious watching the Palinistas go crazy over it.

For the record, I don't really doubt that Palin did some coke in the 80s (that shouldn't be a shocking notion) or hooked up with Glen Rice or smoked pot.

I just don't care and don't think that automatically disqualifies her to be President or whatever the fuck she is trying to be.

I think the way she has conducted herself while in office and the stupid things she has said and stands for disqualifies her.

What makes the book "tabloid trash"? You're falling it to the Palin's trap. If I was McGinniss, I would sue Todd and Sarah for slander over the sex predator claims they keep making.

I wasn't aware of those.

At any rate, I find any book that tosses out massively bombastic claims based on anonymous sources to be tabloid trash. I mean, it's Judith Regan city.

It's no different then Mellon Scaife's "Arkansas Project".

Arkansas Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, a little different, in that the AP was politically motivated and McGinnis justs wants to make a buck.

But the tactics are the same: thow shit against a wall and see what sticks.

Is it true, is it false? Who knows. Who cares?

I don't think that's McGinniss's intention at all. He's asking the questions the Times and other outlets have been too afraid to ask (for fear of setting off claims of sexist and bias, as if playing straight means the right will take them seriously).

As for the predator claims, the most recent ones from Todd's statement referenced in the OP.

I'd ask the fathers and husbands of America to consider our privacy when one summer day I found this guy on the deck of the rental property, just 18 feet away next door to us, staring like a creep at my wife while she mowed the lawn in her shorts, unbeknownst to her that he was prying. As well as our teenage daughters while they tried to enjoy our traditional Alaskan summer days outdoors. Joe's son told the media he advised his dad not to move from the East Coast to become our next door neighbor, but said his dad 'was just waiting for Todd to be out of the picture.'

The sleazy guy wrote a sleazy book and a newspaper with some pretention to standards of integrity describes the book as crap and the writer as a jerk.

Todd Palin's use of the NYT as an example of even the worst and zaniest leftist finds McGinnis beyond the pale of honorable human behavior.

Also, anyone notice for how "trashy" and "sleazy" the book is, no one has been able to refute any of the claims in it so far. That alone speaks volumes.

I don't think that's McGinniss's intention at all. He's asking the questions the Times and other outlets have been too afraid to ask (for fear of setting off claims of sexist and bias, as if playing straight means the right will take them seriously).

I don't. He's asking the question that the Times stays away from because they are sordid, come across as character assassination, and unverifiable. Short of something like Whitewater, if someone isn't willing to go on the record, it becomes a dubious claim.

Hell, I was even annoyed with Playboy for their Mercedes Johnson interview. I mean, they usually do a good job, but if you read that interview it basically came across as a bunch of frigging High School gossip. It was stupid. Interspersed among the story (and Johnson's bare ass) was a much more interesting story about life in Wasilla in general that was basically ruined for the need to get Levi Johnson's sister on the record about all the Palin gossip.

As for the predator claims, the most recent ones from Todd's statement referenced in the OP.

I'd ask the fathers and husbands of America to consider our privacy when one summer day I found this guy on the deck of the rental property, just 18 feet away next door to us, staring like a creep at my wife while she mowed the lawn in her shorts, unbeknownst to her that he was prying. As well as our teenage daughters while they tried to enjoy our traditional Alaskan summer days outdoors. Joe's son told the media he advised his dad not to move from the East Coast to become our next door neighbor, but said his dad 'was just waiting for Todd to be out of the picture.'

I don't really see an accusation in there, just more mud being flung.

She's, in Herr Karl Rove's words "fair game". If she wasn't going @ trying to get in front of any and every rolling tv camera in this Great Nation of ours it wouldn't be an issue :dunno:

Also, anyone notice for how "trashy" and "sleazy" the book is, no one has been able to refute any of the claims in it so far. That alone speaks volumes.

Right. Even the NYTimes is steering clear of it

Palin wanted to be a celebrity. Otherwise she wouldn't have quit her job as governor.

Well, she got what she wished for and now she's whining about being in the tabloids?

Such a victim.

:cuckoo:

what's ironic is that the *cough* Lame Stream Media is her mortal enemy yet, they come to her defense AND The First Dude quotes them lol

Her mortal enemy? Oh please.

maybe you're right ;)

4321.jpg

Forum List

Back