Labor shortage

Employees should not be in power.

Oh yeah awesome they can always demand better pay and such. Enough of them do it then the companies with the finances will switch to more automation. Other companies will raise prices in order to pay more for workers. Or they will simply shut down.

Anyone who knows anything about running a business there is one singular truth in every business, employees are your single largest expense.

Companies pay more than just wages. What a company pays for employees doesn't just stop at their hourly wage, there is a lot more to it than just that.

And of course the more money people make the more products cost. Would be awesome if a McDonald's employee made 22 bucks an hour but a loaf of bread would be 11 dollars. More more more goes both ways. Everytime minimum wage goes up so does everything else.

Conditions are fine. We have state, local, federal laws to protect employees. A lot of jobs just suck because it's the nature of the job like working on a oil rig or a bricklayer. And not every job is a perfect happy wonderful job.

If employees had more power then they will ruin everything in a few years because as we all know people will push things as far as they can and demand more.

If people hate their job or the types of jobs they can get or the money they can make they need to find a new job, go to school, or try to apply themselves for promotions.

There is nothing wrong with our system right now except people getting money for doing nothing, and lazy people not wanting to have to do actual real work.

I seen the difference in hte example of nurse's aide job, between a good sized city with a labor surplus and a small city without one.

The big asshole employers in the big city, treated their workers like shit and paid like shit. THe smaller city employer had to pay a few dollars an hour more.

It does not take much to be the difference between abject poverty, and working poor.

Those in the bigger city were miserable fucks, treated like serfs because a shitty labor market that left all the employers treat their staff like shit.

The smaller city, with just a few dollars an hour more, made the difference between being able to get by if one lived cheaply and carefully and a wage where that was NOT possible no matter what. It was still a hard, literally shitty job, but it was enough that a woman could contribute enough to keep a family afloat.

That was nearly 100 years ago and remember, things have changed since then. We don't need anymore people here. We have 330 million already. If anything, we could use to cut it down to 250 million or so.

Well when the GOP enacts free college for all, the government will be better positioned to pair up labor demand and supply. Until then, we need more nurses and fewer civil war history majors.

Well when the GOP enacts free college for all, the government will be better positioned to pair up labor demand and supply. Until then, we need more nurses and fewer civil war history majors.
My community has no problem producing highly educated people.

imo Trump had some role in the decrease in labor force participation with his immigration policiies, not to diss. But I don't see that limited chain immigration and more skilled worker visas - if the visas required for workers to earn the same rate as Americans and a demonstration of employer need would hurt the economy or labor.

Indian food is good

American versions of Indian food is crap. They just load it down with hot spices so you can't tell that it is otherwise blah

Why do you think we need government handling personal or professional responsibilities of individuals that they should be handling themselves?

I lived it

In the mid 70s I saw gas station attendants replaced with self service. Their $2 an hour pay did not save them

Gas stations are a separate business from the big name exploration and refining companies like Exxon and Mobil. Many if not most of the gas stations are owned by separate companies and franchisees. Margins on gas for retailers are very small and government taxes make it even more difficult to exist on gas sales alone. This meant that gas stations had to change their business model and went from selling gas and repair services to the present model - gas and convenience store.

Gas stations keep their gas prices as cheap as possible in order to get more people into their stores....... because the sale of convenience store items is where they make their profit, not on gas sales.

Now you understand why gas station attendants were replaced.

The move by businesses to increasing use of robotics is today driven by a reduced number of willing and able candidates in the marketplace. Prices for robotics will continue to drop as more businesses adopt technology to replace workers, and fewer opportunities for blue collar workers and laborers will exist. Employment opportunities will be for those with professional skills, all others will need to get a professional or vocational education in order to find employment.

Well if I read that some company I deal with (or was going to deal with) had vaccine mandates for their employees, they lost my business forever. Forcing people to take medication against their will is as anti-American as it gets, and we have way too many anti-Americans in our country as it is.

Did your children have all their vaccinations to go to school?
MAGA

kaz
I agree. I live in Melbourne, Florida and there are hiring signs all over. Why should they work when they are being paid an exorbitant sum to stay home??

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Only an idiot would think that someone who exercised their legal right to vote has "assaulted our Democracy".

They tried to overturn the will of the people
We don’t need them

Again I ask, how did 74 million people try to overturn the will of the people?
Let me count the ways….

Spreading election lies
Suppressing the vote
Challenging legitimate votes with frivolous claims
Urging local officials to overturn the vote
Urging the VP to overturn the vote
Attacking our Capitol

Let me count the ways….

Spreading election lies
Suppressing the vote
Challenging legitimate votes with frivolous claims
Urging local officials to overturn the vote
Urging the VP to overturn the vote
Attacking our Capitol
Wow, 74 million people, all working together to do that! That's simply amazing. You'd think the word would have gotten out that such an effort was underway with that many people involved. Or is this something that only you have figured out? I mean, I didn't see you in the last meeting.

Forum List

Back