LA teachers union holds school openings hostage

A major teachers union is claiming that the re-opening of schools in its district cannot occur without several substantial policy provisions in place, including a "moratorium" on charter schools and the defunding of local police. Yep, waiting for Pelosi to tell us it's all about the children.

LA teachers union holds school openings hostage to its call to end charter schools
/----/ Of course, they want to still be paid with benefits.

They are still teaching but it's OK to give corporations billions to keep people around on the payroll but not teachers even though they will be working either way?
/----/ The fed Gubmint doesn't fund the school system. It' usually done on the local level. Here in Nassau County, it's paid for by property taxes.

Well granted right now no one is funding the government. It's debt. All the same, the teachers are still going to be teaching either way. Are you really arguing they shouldn't be paid?

Hmmm, according to my tax bills it sure seems the government is being funded.

You would think so wouldn't you?

https://www.usdebtclock.org/
You just believe it is never enough.

The union insists it's a call to protect little kids but the statistics show that children in fact are the least vulnerable to COVID and only a microscopically small number, something like four, have died.

I do not pretend to know what the answer is here but this is NOT the argument. Well, it's not the complete argument. Maybe the kid does not die but they take it home to someone that might.

I also read the list in the link provided and I do not see what is being claimed in the article.
People who have kids young enough to be in elementary school are young enough themselves to be safe with their kids catching the covid. Just keep the grandparents away from children actively attending school

It isn't "safe" for anyone.
Sure it is. I believe only two kids under 18 have died from COVID. They have a better chance of getting hit by a meteorite.
More Young People Are Getting COVID-19: What That Means
www.healthline.com › health-n

The union insists it's a call to protect little kids but the statistics show that children in fact are the least vulnerable to COVID and only a microscopically small number, something like four, have died.

I do not pretend to know what the answer is here but this is NOT the argument. Well, it's not the complete argument. Maybe the kid does not die but they take it home to someone that might.

I also read the list in the link provided and I do not see what is being claimed in the article.
People who have kids young enough to be in elementary school are young enough themselves to be safe with their kids catching the covid. Just keep the grandparents away from children actively attending school

Sure it is. I believe only two kids under 18 have died from COVID. They have a better chance of getting hit by a meteorite.
www.healthline.com › health-news › more-young-peop...

Jun 25, 2020 - Young people are now driving increasing infections. ... health officials' ability to test for the virus and disease in people with mildly symptomatic ...
Youngsters are now being infected in greater numbers, so this fact must be considered.

ews › more-young-peop...

Jun 25, 2020 - Young people are now driving increasing infections. ... health officials' ability to test for the virus and disease in people with mildly symptomatic ...
Youngsters are now being infected in greater numbers, so this fact must be considered.

"For example, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told the press last weekend that COVID-19 cases in Florida are “shifting in a radical direction” toward adults in their 20s and 30s. "

They aren't talking about kids under 18, moron.
We will see if the schools are opened too soon, Yes? Youngsters are not exposed since they are mostly kept away from outdoor activities and intermixing. When that changes.........
Do you wear a mask or you a true follower and do what the amateur Trump does?
What does any of that have to do with what I posted? You used the term "Youngsters" to mislead people into believing that you meant children under the age of 18.

You're a scumbag.

Teacher's unions should be abolished.

Thank you comrade! I suppose you want the Teamsters, UMW and UAW abolished also! Communist bastard!
Unions have become that which they were formed to protect against:

Organizations that exploit workers for money.

Not sure how that's a Communist position. Pretty sure it's the complete opposite, but you do you, Skippy.

www.healthline.com › health-n

www.healthline.com › health-news › more-young-peop...

ews › more-young-peop...

"For example, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told the press last weekend that COVID-19 cases in Florida are “shifting in a radical direction” toward adults in their 20s and 30s. "

They aren't talking about kids under 18, moron.
We will see if the schools are opened too soon, Yes? Youngsters are not exposed since they are mostly kept away from outdoor activities and intermixing. When that changes.........
Do you wear a mask or you a true follower and do what the amateur Trump does?
What does any of that have to do with what I posted? You used the term "Youngsters" to mislead people into believing that you meant children under the age of 18.

You're a scumbag.
That is exactly what I meant to do, hotshot. Calling me names only makes you look like the lowlife you are.
My question to you is--Do you wear a mask? My reasoning is that it would give me insight into your politics and why you agree that the school opening won't affect young kids. Trump obviously does your thinking for you, yes?

Thank you comrade! I suppose you want the Teamsters, UMW and UAW abolished also! Communist bastard!

Not sure how that's a Communist position. Pretty sure it's the complete opposite, but you do you, Skippy.
Communists oppose unions because they do not want workers to have rights of any sort. That's why you are a communist.

I don't agree with their position, but I support their right to say it.

Communists oppose unions because they do not want workers to have rights of any sort. That's why you are a communist.

Wow. That's stupid as hell.

A major teachers union is claiming that the re-opening of schools in its district cannot occur without several substantial policy provisions in place, including a "moratorium" on charter schools and the defunding of local police. Yep, waiting for Pelosi to tell us it's all about the children.

LA teachers union holds school openings hostage to its call to end charter schools

Charter schools are a bad idea which should never have been started in the first place.

Yep, who the heck wants to send their kids to a school where their kids aren't brainwashed.
Why family’s keep sending their kids to school to beindoctrinated with propaganda is beyond me,home schooling is the way to go.

So very true.

So very true.

Yes, you are stupid as hell! What's worse is that it is self-inflicted.

Unions are perfectly legal in this country and trying to ban them is immoral. Fix the problem because you cannot get rid of unions.

Most people do not realize that teachers are not allowed by law to strike, so what power do they have?

Unions are perfectly legal in this country and trying to ban them is immoral. Fix the problem because you cannot get rid of unions.

Most people do not realize that teachers are not allowed by law to strike, so what power do they have?
They have the power to strike and do it all the time. Unions are legal but sometimes they need adult supervision.

They have the power to strike and do it all the time. Unions are legal but sometimes they need adult supervision.
Only a few districts can strike. You are dead wrong, asshole. I did this for a living. You did not. STFU about things you know nothing about.

Unaware of the situation in Los Angeles, I spent 10 seconds to see if they were in the same situation as Arizona in terms in the attracting school teachers. Google returned this and admittedly I didn't look past the headline and date.

Teachers pay here in Arizona doesn't attract candidates and there is a shortage. I figure the housing cost in Los Angeles makes hiring there difficult to bring in new teachers. Bottom line, when there is nobody lined up to take your job one can get rather emboldened.

Only a few districts can strike. You are dead wrong, asshole. I did this for a living. You did not. STFU about things you know nothing about.
You did this for a living, asshole? Well guess what. Teachers strike all the time to get what they want, whether they can or they can't, asshole. First they can't strike, then a few can strike. Really?

Those unseemly teachers' strikes - The Washington Post
www.washingtonpost.com › answer-sheet › 2018/04/06

Apr 6, 2018 - An educator writes: 'I cannot say this enough: Teachers don't want to strike ... But they will strike if you make it clear to them that you intend to do them ... Teachers have walked out recently in several states and the District of.......

Bob, you are wrong. Sorry. Admiral wins this. Teachers can protest like any other group but legally cannot go on strike. I served on our public school board for 16 years. Admiral 1,. Bob 0.

Bob, you are wrong. Sorry. Admiral wins this. Teachers can protest like any other group but legally cannot go on strike. I served on our public school board for 16 years. Admiral 1,. Bob 0.
Teachers walk out all the time to get more and they deserve more.

And Bob why don't you quit your cushy job and big salary and teach? It's so easy. Just show up and the kids yearn for your expertise. You dimestore whiners are a dime a dozen.

Where do they walk out? As a school board member I always supported the union, and what they did for our kids. Too many Americans want them to teach for free. It's the conservative way.

You did this for a living, asshole? Well guess what. Teachers strike all the time to get what they want, whether they can or they can't, asshole. First they can't strike, then a few can strike. Really?
Those unseemly teachers' strikes - The Washington Post
www.washingtonpost.com › answer-sheet › 2018/04/06

Apr 6, 2018 - An educator writes: 'I cannot say this enough: Teachers don't want to strike ... But they will strike if you make it clear to them that you intend to do them ... Teachers have walked out recently in several states and the District of.......
As I said, MOST school districts are barred from striking by law. Most exceptions are in large urban areas dominated by liberal school boards. Google teachers strike in Florida or Kentucky, or any other state in flyover country.

Forum List

Back