LA Mayor: Los Angeles is and should remain a Sanctuary City

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Anchorage Alaska Mayor: Okey Dokey.

People experiencing homelessness in Anchorage, Alaska, may be sent to Los Angeles and other U.S. cities with warmer climates this winter amid a shortage of shelters.

Anchorage Mayor Dave Bronson told reporters during a news conference this week that plane tickets would be purchased for unhoused people to be sent to cities where they have families who can care for them or where the climate is warmer.

“Last year was the most deadly year in history for people who were homeless, and now this coming year with this winter, we’re looking at possibly doubling that,” he said, noting that winters are extremely cold in Anchorage. “I have a moral imperative here and that is to save lives, and if that means giving them a few hundred dollars for an airline ticket to go where they want to go, I’m going to do that.”

No funding has been approved yet for the relocation program, which also operated last year, but Bronson didn’t anticipate any problems locating the funds. He said about 11 people took the offers last year.

“I think a ticket this morning to Los Angeles is 286 bucks, it cost us $100 plus or minus a few dollars every day to house someone, and we don’t have a place to put them in a large shelter this winter,” he said. “And remember, the objective, and it’s sad that we had to get to this, but we’re here to save lives, that’s my job.”

People experiencing homelessness in Anchorage, Alaska, may be sent to Los Angeles and other U.S. cities with warmer climates this winter amid a shortage of shelters.

Anchorage Mayor Dave Bronson told reporters during a news conference this week that plane tickets would be purchased for unhoused people to be sent to cities where they have families who can care for them or where the climate is warmer.

“Last year was the most deadly year in history for people who were homeless, and now this coming year with this winter, we’re looking at possibly doubling that,” he said, noting that winters are extremely cold in Anchorage. “I have a moral imperative here and that is to save lives, and if that means giving them a few hundred dollars for an airline ticket to go where they want to go, I’m going to do that.”

No funding has been approved yet for the relocation program, which also operated last year, but Bronson didn’t anticipate any problems locating the funds. He said about 11 people took the offers last year.

“I think a ticket this morning to Los Angeles is 286 bucks, it cost us $100 plus or minus a few dollars every day to house someone, and we don’t have a place to put them in a large shelter this winter,” he said. “And remember, the objective, and it’s sad that we had to get to this, but we’re here to save lives, that’s my job.”

Another Republican passing the buck? So, what else is new?

Sounds fine to me. LA wants to be a "Sanctuary City", let them be a "Sanctuary City". Homeless in Alaska shipping to LA won't even be noticed.

Another Republican passing the buck? So, what else is new?
How are Republicans passing the buck when these cities are declaring themselves as Sanctuary Cities and welcoming the homeless and illegal aliens to come to their cities? There they'll be welcomed with open arms, lodging, meals, and medical care. What's not to love if you're homeless and/or illegal?

How are Republicans passing the buck when these cities are declaring themselves as Sanctuary Cities and welcoming the homeless and illegal aliens to come to their cities? There they'll be welcomed with open arms, lodging, meals, and medical care. What's not to love if you're homeless and/or illegal?
A million illegals a year are finding shelter.
Why not Americans?

So, he sends his homeless to another state instead of doing something about it? That's the classic "passing the buck".

Let me know if you are still confused.

So, he sends his homeless to another state instead of doing something about it? That's the classic "passing the buck".

Let me know if you are still confused.
Are you still confused?

Alaska did something about it, California invited the homeless to their state and Alaska obliged.

May I make an analogy, please? Thank you!

You own an apartment building and one of your tenants is lousy, late on their rent every month, noisy, and drugs. Your competitor across the street has nicer units PLUS a swimming pool. Their manager invites your lousy tenant to come across the street. Do you say, "Heck no, that's MY lousy tenant, and he stays here?

Are you still confused?

Alaska did something about it, California invited the homeless to their state and Alaska obliged.

May I make an analogy, please? Thank you!

You own an apartment building and one of your tenants is lousy, late on their rent every month, noisy, and drugs. Your competitor across the street has nicer units PLUS a swimming pool. Their manager invites your lousy tenant to come across the street. Do you say, "Heck no, that's MY lousy tenant, and he stays here?
Being a mayor of the city is like being a slumlord? That’s your analogy?

No wonder you Republicans are messed up. My sympathies. :itsok:

Yeah, the dick move. Naturally, you retards are all for it.
How is it a dick move?

California cordially invited the homeless to come to their state.

If there's a dick move, it has been California from one end to the other.

How is it a dick move?

California cordially invited the homeless to come to their state.

If there's a dick move, it has been California from one end to the other.
A mayor shirking his duties is ok with you? No wonder you guys adore the orange douchebag.

Forum List

Back