Krauthammer: Best GOP Field In 35 Years And We're Talking About This "Rodeo clown"

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
On FOX, George Will and Charles Krauthammer, both arch-Conservatives, came out swinging at Donald Trump, and hard:

Krauthammer on Trump We Have The Best Republican Field In 35 Years And We re Talking About This Rodeo Clown Video RealClearPolitics

(Video at the link, worth 3 minutes of your time)

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: Well, he's tapping in, but he's essentially -- he's done it in a way that the word offensive is too weak. It's an insult. An entire immigrant group. He did not make a distinct between legal and illegal immigrants. That's his entire campaign. All our problems are from Mexico, from China, from Saudi Arabia, and Japan. He will make them pay. But that elevates him to a guy actually with ideas.

These are eruptions, barstool eruptions. And the pity is this. This is the strongest field of Republican candidates in 35 years. You could pick a dozen of them at random and have the strongest cabinet America's had in our lifetime and instead all of our time is spent discussing this rodeo clown...

Trump has decided that our problem is we need essentially an economic declaration of war on Mexico. And that's where all this is headed. Tapping in, yes, but that's not -- politics has to be slightly above tapping in. It's a way to tap in and respond responsibly. He says I'll build a wall and I'll make Mexico pay. I've been supporting building a wall for ten years, but the idea you're going to make Mexico pay is simply absurd, but he likes to tap in and to play on that. That's not serious politics.

George Will was just as hard on Trump over the Immigration stuff.

Your view?

Geez you are busy today.

Both Will and Kraut are NEOCONS...very much like progressives in that they love big statist government.

Naturally both men dislike Trump...even a Hillary lover should see that.

The line that fascinated me is this is 'the best' in so many years, too funny. Walker just came out with the usual republican solution to all things, reduce taxes and the healthcare heaven wagon will arrive. What BS. Jeb is still lost in Iraq and the rest can't figure out if they are for or against immigrants. Or what they'd even do. None have yet figured out the party they created, its base, likes Trump cause trump ain't them. And so it goes....

'Game of Groans: How focus on Trump Taunts hides GOP war on Middle Class, Workers' Game of Groans How focus on Trump Taunts hides GOP war on Middle Class Workers Informed Comment

GOP crackpots Getting rid of crackpotism in the GOP - The Washington Post

Wow the Republican Establishment who gave us Juan McCain, Boehner and McConnell are against Trump...shocking

In other news

ill_penpal2.gif

On FOX, George Will and Charles Krauthammer, both arch-Conservatives, came out swinging at Donald Trump, and hard:

Krauthammer on Trump We Have The Best Republican Field In 35 Years And We re Talking About This Rodeo Clown Video RealClearPolitics

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: Well, he's tapping in, but he's essentially -- he's done it in a way that the word offensive is too weak. It's an insult. An entire immigrant group. He did not make a distinct between legal and illegal immigrants. That's his entire campaign. All our problems are from Mexico, from China, from Saudi Arabia, and Japan. He will make them pay. But that elevates him to a guy actually with ideas.

These are eruptions, barstool eruptions. And the pity is this. This is the strongest field of Republican candidates in 35 years. You could pick a dozen of them at random and have the strongest cabinet America's had in our lifetime and instead all of our time is spent discussing this rodeo clown...

Trump has decided that our problem is we need essentially an economic declaration of war on Mexico. And that's where all this is headed. Tapping in, yes, but that's not -- politics has to be slightly above tapping in. It's a way to tap in and respond responsibly. He says I'll build a wall and I'll make Mexico pay. I've been supporting building a wall for ten years, but the idea you're going to make Mexico pay is simply absurd, but he likes to tap in and to play on that. That's not serious politics.

Your view?

I support Trumps immigration plan. NOT, Rove, Kraut or the mainstream Pub screwups

-Geaux

Your view?

Well, it's was only expected. The republican establishment hates Trump because he can't be bought and refuses to play by the rules. It sets a very bad example when politicans can't be bought by bribes.... eh, donations so Trump has to be destroyed.

The only problem is that their "destroying" only seems to make him more popular.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
every Republican running, even Trump, is eminently more qualified than any Democrat running.....................

that's why everybody, ESPECIALLY LIBERALS as you can see, is talking about the Republican race

I like Trump. I hate his shows on the tele though. But for Pres??

I agree with the wall, but as the Kraut says...Mexico to pay?? He's cashing in on the 20% who are pissed off with all politics; the 80% will go for a more solid canidate.

But if Trump gets the nod...still much better than any Democrat!!

And he'll have a Congress that will get the job done right. I do not agree that the current Congress are no hopers. They are limited in what they can do because of a Pres who lacks the ability to work with them. In a year or so the matter will be settled.

imho

As for the Dems....get out of the way!! The Adults will be back in charge.

Greg

Your view?

These are the participants in the 1980 Republican Presidential primary:

• Ronald Reagan, Former Governor of California
  • George H. W. Bush, Former CIA director (Texas)
  • John B. Anderson, Representative of Illinois
  • Howard Baker, Senate Minority Leader of Tennessee
  • Phil Crane, Representative of Illinois
  • John Connally, Former Governor of Texas
  • Bob Dole, Senator (Kansas)
  • Ben Fernandez, Former Special Ambassador to Paraguay (California)
  • Governor Harold Stassen, Former of Minnesota
  • Lowell Weicker, Senator of Connecticut
I don't think the 2016 field of candidates is anywhere close to being as talented as the 1980 field was. It was a different time, a different era and the influences today make the process a political mockery. Social media, Fox news, Rush Limbaugh and most importantly today is that the extremity of the Republican base is too influential. In 1980 the candidates would decide which issues were most important, today it's the rabid base that decides which issues the candidates will focus on. You certainly can't say that about the Democratic field, and that's why the majority of Independents will elect another Democrat to succeed President Obama. Americans will never elect a president who follows what their extreme base demands, they're going to elect a president who dictates and pursues the guidelines of their party's political platform.

YAWN

the Fox rants; so predictable from the same idiots day in and day out. ^^^^^^^

Your view?

Well, it's was only expected. The republican establishment hates Trump because he can't be bought and refuses to play by the rules. It sets a very bad example when politicans can't be bought by bribes.... eh, donations so Trump has to be destroyed.

The only problem is that their "destroying" only seems to make him more popular.

:popcorn:

Yup. He's a billionaire who can't be bought and he doesn't owe any of those mouth breathers in DC anything.

If you ask him a question he'll give you his honest answer and he doesn't give shit one whether you like that answer or not.

He's obviously saying something those polled like or he wouldn't be leading in the national polls or any other for that matter.

Will just have to wait and see if he's around at the end of this dog and pony show otherwise know at the run for white house.

Last edited:
YAWN

the Fox rants; so predictable from the same idiots day in and day out. ^^^^^^^
And deservedly so. It's no different than rightists ranting about the MSM day in and day out - or don't you pay attention? If you don't think Fox news is the major player in right wing politics you're a stooge.

YAWN

except that there are half a dozen liberal MSM oufits and only one Fox

but thanks for admitting all the others are left-wing dullard! ;)

more and more Independants are leaning right leftard

true story
Do you always scream at the air like this or are you just too much of a coward to quote anyone?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

YOUNG: Independents leaning right - Washington Times
www.washingtontimes.com/.../independents-leaning...
The Washington Times
Apr 5, 2012 - YOUNG: Independents leaning right. Republican primaries show trends from 2008 and 2010 still hold. By J.T. Young - The Washington Times

Forum List

Back