Even "American Spectator" is ripping Trump a new asshole. Wow.

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Trump s Shameful Immigration Plan The American Spectator

American Spectator is about as far and hard to the Right as one can go without becoming an official fascist.

Lke most things Donald Trump says, his immigration proposal — only slightly more detailed than most of his superficial bombast — contains a few grains of rationality and a large helping of the sort of xenophobia and economic ignorance that appeals to a slice of the Republican base but which most Americans — including many Republicans — find distasteful and self-destructive...

...While the recognition of these problems is welcome — even for those of us who do not follow Mr. Trump further down his anti-immigration path — the rest of Trump’s “plan” is a bitter stew served up by a man pandering to Angry White People with ideas both fanciful and harmful.

On the fanciful side, Trump continues to beat the drum that he will “make Mexico pay for the wall.” Puhleeze. At least on this score, he offers what in Trump-world pass for details:

"Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards — of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico. [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options.]"

Let’s look at these things with the brevity they deserve: How will the U.S. possibly know what remittance payments are derived from illegal wages? And even if a system were devised to determine that, don’t you think that clever people will find a way around it in less time than it takes you to read this sentence? How much money will the U.S. raise by increasing fees on temporary visas and don’t you think that Mexico would retaliate with higher fees on American tourists? (Maybe that’s how we make Mexico pay for the wall… they can take the money from Americans going to Cancun or Cabo and then send it back to us!) Also, wouldn’t raising the fee to cross the border legally simply push many of those people to cross illegally?

For each of the provisions relating to NAFTA and trade between the U.S. and Mexico, doesn’t Mr. Trump realize that the result of such policies would be to raise prices for American consumers? Tariffs are nothing more than mostly hidden taxes paid when you go to the store. If Trump’s plan to make Mexico pay for the wall were to come to pass, the big losers would be Americans.

You know, when you lose the "American Spectator", which has had it's share of extreme RWNJ kooks and racists and lions and tigers and bears, oh my....

Discuss: first, do you understand where AS is going, here? Second, do you agree or disagree?

Oh, and any hope of getting those 72 virgins in the afterlife depends on spelling, punctuation and grammar within this thread...

:D

American Spectator is part of the R establishment. So, of course they dump on Trump...even a Hillary lover should be able to decipher that.

American Spectator is part of the R establishment. So, of course they dump on Trump...even a Hillary lover should be able to decipher that.

QFT

The Republican Establishment hates our country as much as the Democrats, why do you think they gave us Juan McCain as a candidate?

Never heard of "American Spectator" before.

Libs just can't understand that the people are embracing a leader that wasn't hand picked out for them already.

“Mr. Trump wants to remove all illegal aliens from the United States. This is, of course, impossible and, even if it were possible, an outrageous waste of tens or hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars. When asked by Chuck Todd on NBC’s Meet the Press if he would split up families in which one or more of the parents is an illegal alien but their children are U.S. citizens, Trump said no, clarifying in one of the most reprehensible statements I have ever heard from an American candidate for public office, “We’re going to keep the families together, but they have to go.” Yes, Trump would try to deport American citizens. Did I mention how ignorant of history Donald Trump sounds to this Jewish columnist? “

Ignorant of the Constitution and its case law as well.

“Mr. Trump wants to remove all illegal aliens from the United States. This is, of course, impossible and, even if it were possible, an outrageous waste of tens or hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars. When asked by Chuck Todd on NBC’s Meet the Press if he would split up families in which one or more of the parents is an illegal alien but their children are U.S. citizens, Trump said no, clarifying in one of the most reprehensible statements I have ever heard from an American candidate for public office, “We’re going to keep the families together, but they have to go.” Yes, Trump would try to deport American citizens. Did I mention how ignorant of history Donald Trump sounds to this Jewish columnist? “

Wrong Mr Jones......

The criminals, I mean illegal aliens, need sent home. We can't support them anymore. We need to focus on our legal citizens.

-Geaux

It is up to the US to GRANT Citizenship as it deems fit. Illegals are just that; not citizens of the US but they ARE citizens of their parent countries. They must go home. Any complicating factors then the courts can settle...at the illegals expense.

Greg

Wait Illegal Aliens are afforded rights in the Constitution????

Really???

Really???
Invading Japanese Soldiers were protected by the Constitution dontcha know!! They were physically present in the US for a bit!!

Greg

Really???
Invading Japanese Soldiers were protected by the Constitution dontcha know!! They were physically present in the US for a bit!!

Greg

The post of the day.....

Really???

Greg

What about the Germans that FDR murdered?

Nazi agents invaded LI in WWII - NY Daily News

Funny, stats claims he is done two or three times a week, as his numbers rise.

It is up to the US to GRANT Citizenship as it deems fit. Illegals are just that; not citizens of the US but they ARE citizens of their parent countries. They must go home. Any complicating factors then the courts can settle...at the illegals expense.

Greg
It is impractical to send them home.

What we could do is demand they register, be fingerprinted, photographed for an iris scan, and give a DNA sample in return for a card that makes their presence legal.

If they want citizenship, they go home, get on the list, and enter legally.

If they don't submit to the permitting process, and are caught, they should be jailed five years, and then deported.

Greg
It is impractical to send them home.

What we could do is demand they register, be fingerprinted, photographed for an iris scan, and give a DNA sample in return for a card that makes their presence legal.

If they want citizenship, they go home, get on the list, and enter legally.

If they don't submit to the permitting process, and are caught, they should be jailed five years, and then deported.

Sounds fair if impractical to send them home. But is it?? I really don't know, but there are many that are just vulnerable whatever happens. But unless you want 100000 a month like "open border" Europe I would suggest you find a workable solution real quick.I would suggest that anyone hiring one for less than the legal wage should being fined BIG would go a long way to solving the problem.

Greg

Really???

Greg

What about the Germans that FDR murdered?

Nazi agents invaded LI in WWII - NY Daily News

Oh the humanity!!!

Greg

Never heard of "American Spectator" before.

Libs just can't understand that the people are embracing a leader that wasn't hand picked out for them already.
One of the oldest Conservative publications out there. Thanks for admitting your ignorance.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

One of the "oldest" publicans out there, that was never a prominent one, and isn't in print anymore.

Yea, a real death blow to Trump.

Trump will the follow American will, which is that the electorate will not permit round ups of millions of people that include citizens.

The far right does not realize that Trump is about power, at their expense as well as the rest of the country. If they get in the way, he will step on them.

No one will be rounded up and deported. Stop the flow first. Deport the criminals as they are arrested. Prohibit federal funding for sanctuary cities.

Some will leave on their own. Some will be found and deported. For certain we know that what we are doing isn't working.

Forum List

Back