Korean American Religion

Mike Dwight

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2017
Most Korean Americans come here announced Christians. I'm just any general person comparatively. I am looking for some reviews on this article of mine online. Reviewers are so much appreciated. I can discuss viewpoint, sources, citations, meaning. Most Korean americans will be Presbyterian and that goes deep into race relations and outlook. Themes include Presbyterian history, Korean race history, 1992 LA riot. I'm not a scholar but then again, few articles HELP with these topics! There are scholars in churchschools dreaming of syncretism and either/or getting a message from the Scottish religion from Koreans to ourselves. That's the perspective here.

Korean American Presbyterian : A Fresh Perspective! | noahwriting

Do ideas appear from it such as the following? the Bible shouldn't have changed or confessions to which Koreans subscribe as to treat them differently than Scots? Much Presbyterian history is relatable to Korea and Koreans?

I think the Civil War drones on a little. However, somebody helped Harry McCarthy to southern hospitality and to get around as a Foreigner, with even Foreign allegiance, on Presbyterian allegiance, sticks with me. Koreans often note hospitality , though not southern hospitality. We can all sympathize with the safe conduct and respect and contribution to home and family.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Kim Il Sung's mother, kim jong un's greatgrandmother, was a Presbyterian, knowing Presbyterians koreans and clannish family ties, and when americans bombed the heck out of the north it was therefore state required to rebuild her church. One of two recognized Presbyterian churches there, one's sort of a friendship church with the south. There's peace preached assuredly better than lee myung bak's administration assured anyone.If they all backed up to King Gojong's acceptance of the religion, and I don't see how they don't both recognize That, their hatred of the Japanese invasion, then that would be a reunited country , the current day Presbyterian church of korea from 1885. State Religion to State Religion in smooth transition, I would swear to some Presbyterian imagery in Kim Il Sung propaganda though he neatly replaces a beardy Jesus himself.

Otherwise, Haneunim is a revived god from the pagan pantheon of Korean gods, in the Fact that in Older times, there Used to be only One God whom was named haneunim that used to be more popular, which we Know was almost unknown or rarely known at that time in 1885 among Koreans, and that within Presbyterian missionaries the air god is separated for theirs as Hananim. Catholics in korea most often used different grammar for God. The Aegukga and many patriotic tunes have Presbyterian influence, or written by the missionaries in some case, as Christians respect their government.

Last edited:
What, no discussion about how South Korea made or still makes the Talmud required reading in schools, because they want to emulate the stability and sucess of the Jews?
What are we chopped liver?
Pesach Sameach

Most Korean Americans come here announced Christians. I'm just any general person comparatively. I am looking for some reviews on this article of mine online. Reviewers are so much appreciated. I can discuss viewpoint, sources, citations, meaning. Most Korean americans will be Presbyterian and that goes deep into race relations and outlook. Themes include Presbyterian history, Korean race history, 1992 LA riot. I'm not a scholar but then again, few articles HELP with these topics! There are scholars in churchschools dreaming of syncretism and either/or getting a message from the Scottish religion from Koreans to ourselves. That's the perspective here.

Korean American Presbyterian : A Fresh Perspective! | noahwriting

Do ideas appear from it such as the following? the Bible shouldn't have changed or confessions to which Koreans subscribe as to treat them differently than Scots? Much Presbyterian history is relatable to Korea and Koreans?

I think the Civil War drones on a little. However, somebody helped Harry McCarthy to southern hospitality and to get around as a Foreigner, with even Foreign allegiance, on Presbyterian allegiance, sticks with me. Koreans often note hospitality , though not southern hospitality. We can all sympathize with the safe conduct and respect and contribution to home and family.
This is because historically the Confucianism and Buddhism of China and the Shinto of Japan have both waged war against Korea.

And if not for the USA which is Christian (here having the meaning of Catholic and/or Protestant) the S.Koreans would not be free anymore.

• Banned
Missionary assessment was these were formal and unattended religions, wive's tales, from China, making room for a new vibrant moral center. Shinto did Actually wage war on Korea, I mean, Japanese veterans first words on all actions in Korea was the Samurai Spirit. Unemployed samurais from the fall of the shoguns were primary participants.

The Protestant missionaries were in the main from the United States. The Catholic mission a long time ago was from France did not fully support the government. The Catholic disregard to many varied and strict social hierarchies in their monk robes and so forth and peasant rousing, to bring Everyone in society on their knees to God, a pretty old situation and problem, strictly asked all members to not participate in state rituals,, which led to massacres from King Gojong or his father when they would not participate in state ceremonies. They also were recommending an alliance toFrance to the King, and after the massacres, the French expedition attacked Korea in vengeance and threatened to take the Kings land like a french colony like vietnam. Catholics have since decided ancestor worship to be a civil matter recently unregulated. Choseuk is described as Korean Thanksgiving, the Korean church even celebrates the American Thanksgiving, thanksgivings having a protestant reformational root in replacing all the catholic holidays like Christmas promoting ignorant masses.

Forum List

Back