Knowing is better than believing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually very few have them......You're either a natural at it (a very small number of "gifted" people) or have to work at it like a workout routine....I fall into the latter group.
That would be a first for me. Being gifted that is.

.oldschool supposedly had an out of body experience once. I assume it was a NDE but I don't know because he won't talk about it either.

Why is it that you guys are so tight lipped about the details of the experience?
Cause it's all bullshit.

@.oldschool supposedly had an out of body experience once. I assume it was a NDE but I don't know because he won't talk about it either.

Why is it that you guys are so tight lipped about the details of the experience?
Having a similar experience, it is easy to understand why people might be tight lipped. First, it leads to questions that are often impossible to answer, and people are not satisfied. Second, there are those who jump in with no experience at all but are more than ready to tell you what you "really" experienced. Third, words are often inadequate so it is even hard to explain. Fourth, having a quick overview is just that. Some is picked up, but by no means (probably) all.

You know what I mean, ding: If I can't get people to understand Catholics don't worship Mary, how can I possibly get them to understand something beyond this life?

Having a similar experience, it is easy to understand why people might be tight lipped. First, it leads to questions that are often impossible to answer, and people are not satisfied. Second, there are those who jump in with no experience at all but are more than ready to tell you what you "really" experienced. Third, words are often inadequate so it is even hard to explain. Fourth, having a quick overview is just that. Some is picked up, but by no means (probably) all.

You know what I mean, ding: If I can't get people to understand Catholics don't worship Mary, how can I possibly get them to understand something beyond this life?
That's fine. I'm a curious guy. I just want to hear the account.

.oldschool supposedly had an out of body experience once. I assume it was a NDE but I don't know because he won't talk about it either.

Grin. Exhibit 1 for why people might choose not to share. ;)
I don't know how to work this site, I've answered most of the questions I've been asked. I honestly believe the human race is not ready for the rest of the details. Most are still praising religious gods.

Actually very few have them......You're either a natural at it (a very small number of "gifted" people) or have to work at it like a workout routine....I fall into the latter group.
So you earned your money by working for it, but you're saying it came easier to someone else?

And now you're all "gifted" and "entitled" by virtue of your hard work with an extra shot of liquor to boot?

Don't be fool. Nothing was free to anyone in this life.

So you earned your money by working for it, but you're saying it came easier to someone else?

And now you're all "gifted" and "entitled" by virtue of your hard work with an extra shot of liquor to boot?

Don't be fool. Nothing was free to anyone in this life.
Non-sequitur....Some things are more natural to some than they are to others.

Some people can naturally throw a baseball 90mph and get jobs paying millions of dollars, because they are physically gifted....That's not good, bad, or indifferent....That's just how it is.

I don't know how to work this site, I've answered most of the questions I've been asked. I honestly believe the human race is not ready for the rest of the details. Most are still praising religious gods.
My thoughts for what they are worth: Share the details and let each individual decide whether they are ready or not. For example, I might read through them and think, "This is great info, but I am quite happy with my own progress." Or, I might be delighted to explore further. Taking it upon ourselves to decide what is best for others seldom works well. You may be doing some a great service.

It is in your hands and I am content with whatever you decide.

Some people can naturally throw a baseball 90mph and get jobs paying millions of dollars, because they are physically gifted....That's not good, bad, or indifferent....That's just how it is.
Most any able-bodied human can do that with enough practice.

The millions of dollars is like winning the lottery — a draft to be selected for the pro team. Lots of good players but not everyone is going to be on that pro team.

So skip the grandstands and enjoy playing baseball with your friends at your local city park or country club, if you like the game.

I had a near death experience that confirmed everything for me. Not having any specific beliefs about the "so-called" afterlife I actually experienced what really exists. And I asked questions, which were all answered.
Knowledge is the "comprehension" of facts in evidence. One requires knowledge to construct wisdom, when one ceases the effort to acquire knowledge one loses his ability to apply wisdom in his decision making.

Even moral instruction must begin with the knowledge acquired of certain basic facts. It is through knowledge that one enters the age of reason in being able to discern evil from righteousness. All children begin life without knowledge of good and evil........they are completely innocent. (Deut. 1:39). That's why I could never comprehend the pretentious act of baptizing an infant for the forgiveness of sin. I would suggest that infant baptism is more of a show to make the parents feel good.....as the very word baptism when translated means "IMMERSION".....not the sprinkling of the forehead.

Some people hate knowledge.....hate being even bothered with facts, they prefer to go on FEELINGS. "How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity? For scorners delight in their scorning and fools hate knowledge." -- Prov. 1:22, They do not want to learn........as if ignorance is some excuse for engaging in sin (Prov. 1:7)

You are correct Knowledge must be learned before one actually needs it to make a wise decision. If one puts off acquiring knowledge....when the time comes (even a life or death situation) and we are lacking in knowledge.....we often pay to acquire knowledge after the fact. Its like a child gaining knowledge of what happens when you attempt to touch a hot object.........you pay for that knowledge after the fact of acquiring it......YOU GET BURNED. Its true that wisdom can come form making mistakes.......but knowledge can be learned through instruction rather than practical application.

Everyone has encountered those who go through the motion of acquiring knowledge....but nothing sticks, because they are not sincere. Much like a child that skates through the primary education system by just getting by......holding a 3.0 (B) average because of their natural intellect.......but could hold a 4.0 if they simply applied themselves. These individuals hurt no one but themselves............especially when they attempt to skate through the REAL WORLD. Then they attempt to blame the SYSTEM for their own free will mistakes.

My thoughts for what they are worth: Share the details and let each individual decide whether they are ready or not. For example, I might read through them and think, "This is great info, but I am quite happy with my own progress." Or, I might be delighted to explore further. Taking it upon ourselves to decide what is best for others seldom works well. You may be doing some a great service.

It is in your hands and I am content with whatever you decide.
It's too crucial to the future of the " human race ", I don't want it to influence it one way or the other.

The millions of dollars is like winning the lottery — a draft to be selected for the pro team. Lots of good players but not everyone is going to be on that pro team.

So skip the grandstands and enjoy playing baseball with your friends at your local city park or country club, if you like the game.

No they can't....The ability to throw anything overhanded that fast is the exception....That's why they make millions of dollars for doing so....And the skill is fleeting, or everyone who ever pitched would be Nolan Ryan.

How do you know you experienced them?

I experienced being able to float for years. I could rise up about a foot off the ground, and kind of like swimming I was able to propel myself slowly along. No mechanics, not trickery. I was really able to do it.

Of course this was in dreams.

Does that mean I experienced it?
Isn't everything made manifest by mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back