Knowing is better than believing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trolls that come into this forum to tell people that their experiences aren't genuine are going to start seeing their posts deleted.
Thank you. It would also be well for the rest of us to remember not to take the bait. It is sometimes tough to remember not every post requires a response. Too easy to be drawn in, sometimes.

Thank you. It would also be well for the rest of us to remember not to take the bait. It is sometimes tough to remember not every post requires a response. Too easy to be drawn in, sometimes.
I agree with you and had those trolls on "ignore" until I was asked to help moderate. Now I'm required to read their drivel. I would like this forum to be a place where believers can discuss matters of faith without being deluged by the atheist trolls whose demons compel them to destroy such threads.

He said he had the experience and that's all that matters. If you don't believe him, fine, move on. Don't come into threads like this to tell or imply that the person did not have the experience. If you want to create a thread on the validity of NDE's, go for it, but this isn't that thread.

I'm asking a perfectly valid question. You don't like my question, fine, move on.

Don't come into threads like this to tell me what questions I can and cannot ask.

I'm asking a perfectly valid question. You don't like my question, fine, move on.

Don't come into threads like this to tell me what questions I can and cannot ask.
Hijacking threads is forbidden. Read the rules. If you cannot abide by the rules then you should not post here.

Hijacking threads is forbidden. Read the rules. If you cannot abide by the rules then you should not post here.

How did I hijack a thread?

Someone posts that they experienced something.

I made a comment that sometimes what we "experience" isn't actually real.

How does this person know what they "experienced" is real or not?

Are you seriously suggesting that if I write a post that say "Trump is an idiot" that if someone says "no he's not" then they're "hijacking the thread"?

I was talking about the topic.

How did I hijack a thread?

Someone posts that they experienced something.

Are you seriously suggesting that if I write a post that say "Trump is an idiot" that if someone says "no he's not" then they're "hijacking the thread"?

I was talking about the topic.
Great. Then start your own thread wherein you can claim whatever you like.

I had a near death experience that confirmed everything for me. Not having any specific beliefs about the "so-called" afterlife I actually experienced what really exists. And I asked questions, which were all answered.
why is this in the religion forum ...

Knowing is better than believing.​

so then what's your end game - you were "sent" back, everything was answered are you on a mission - a terminator.

so then what's your end game - you were "sent" back, everything was answered are you on a mission - a terminator.
Why is it in the religion forum? Because it is religious in nature most of the time. White light. Loved ones greeting them, sent back, etc.

It immediately occurs to you that the experience might not have been "real", that there might be another explanation (such as brain chemistry)--but you believe those thoughts could not possibly have occurred to the persons having the experience? Unbelievable!

In fact, the majority of us;have already squarely faced that possibility and reached the conclusion we truly did experience something extraordinary, which is why we are sharing our stories.

I was referring to the trolls that came into this thread to attack YOU.
They called me a troll, thanks for telling me the truth, I thought something was horribly wrong with them, even thought they might have been insane. Not decent human beings of any rate. Again thank you, Stan.

so then what's your end game - you were "sent" back, everything was answered are you on a mission - a terminator. I'm learning not to answer questions which are vindictive in nature. Those people are not looking for answers. Try to have a good day, I plan on it.

It immediately occurs to you that the experience might not have been "real", that there might be another explanation (such as brain chemistry)--but you believe those thoughts could not possibly have occurred to the persons having the experience? Unbelievable!

In fact, the majority of us;have already squarely faced that possibility and reached the conclusion we truly did experience something extraordinary, which is why we are sharing our stories.

I'm presenting my own view here.

Someone posting their views on a debate message board. And you then get angry when someone posts their own views in response to someone else's views.

But that's EXACTLY what this forum is.

Schizophrenics (and no, I'm not suggesting you are one) see things, they experience things. Hallucinations and delusions. They might thing these are true.

Humans dream.

The human brain works in ways we don't quite understand. We have the ability to see things that simply aren't true. Simple aren't there.

This is a fact, whether you like it or not.

When someone has a near death experience, what happens to them?

Sometimes the body goes through a situation it's never experienced before. It reacts. We're biological beings, we know that in different situations drugs are released into the body which change the way our body functions, like adrenaline, for example.

What does the brain do in certain situations?

Is it possible the brain dreams? Is it possible the brain hallucinates?

"people misinterpret their experience all the time (an optical illusion representing the most basic example)."

"usually more as a result of their interpretation of the experience (i.e., the afterlife is real) than as a result of the experience itself."

"In his book Nelson, notes that normally 20% of the heart's blood flow is directed to the brain, but that it can drop as low as 6% or so before we fall unconscious (and even at this level, no permanent injury will result). Nelson further observes that when our blood pressure drops low and we faint, the vagus nerve (a large nerve that connects to the heart) tilts consciousness toward REM sleep—but interestingly in some people not all the way. A number of subjects seem to be susceptible to what he calls "REM intrusion.""

So, potentially people lose oxygen to the brain and essentially sleep.

Someone posting their views on a debate message board. And you then get angry when someone posts their own views in response to someone else's views.

Schizophrenics (and no, I'm not suggesting you are one) see things, they experience things. Hallucinations and delusions. They might thing these are true.

Humans dream.

The human brain works in ways we don't quite understand. We have the ability to see things that simply aren't true. Simple aren't there.

Sometimes the body goes through a situation it's never experienced before. It reacts. We're biological beings, we know that in different situations drugs are released into the body which change the way our body functions, like adrenaline, for example.

"people misinterpret their experience all the time (an optical illusion representing the most basic example)."

"usually more as a result of their interpretation of the experience (i.e., the afterlife is real) than as a result of the experience itself."

"In his book Nelson, notes that normally 20% of the heart's blood flow is directed to the brain, but that it can drop as low as 6% or so before we fall unconscious (and even at this level, no permanent injury will result). Nelson further observes that when our blood pressure drops low and we faint, the vagus nerve (a large nerve that connects to the heart) tilts consciousness toward REM sleep—but interestingly in some people not all the way. A number of subjects seem to be susceptible to what he calls "REM intrusion.""

So, potentially people lose oxygen to the brain and essentially sleep.
I was not angry or even upset. Amazed that you still don't understand I already know all of this--and have for years.

Humans dream.

So, potentially people lose oxygen to the brain and essentially sleep. Well when the nurse asked me what I saw when I looked down. I described everything I saw and she said I was exactly right. I'm open to discussion, I'm not open dripping brutally criticized and being called names. That is as childish as Trump was. Civilization it's based on people being civil with one another.

Then what's the problem?
No one likes to be patronized. What you posted is like informing us the sun rises in the East. Duh. You act as if we don't already have your posted information--that while it has been known for years, decades, you were the only one of us that is even aware of it.

Listen, not one of us cares if you read our accounts and you attribute it to brain chemistry or whatever. Seriously, we get that--not a problem--but at least have enough respect to forego posting well known data. Bet you anything that I delved into all of that years before you did. Just pointing out that having an experience of God does not wash our minds of knowledge; and some of us immediately start investigating and researching what science offers as an explanation.

When I finally woke up the nurse asked me as to what I saw when I look down, when I told her what I saw she confirmed everything what's correct. So the real question is who are we, or what are we. And I have the answers. No it was no hallucination. As for time, there is no comparison in the universe of light, it doesn't exist. I assumed time exist in the physical universe but not one of pure energy without substance. We are all apart of God, we are not separate from God. I have answered some of the questions, not all; mankind is not ready for all the answers.

Ummmm........rejected. Sorry, I reject all claims of special revelation

I agree with you and had those trolls on "ignore" until I was asked to help moderate. Now I'm required to read their drivel. I would like this forum to be a place where believers can discuss matters of faith without being deluged by the atheist trolls whose demons compel them to destroy such threads.

So much this, K9. I never mind difficult questions. I don't wade in the muck with the demonic. Some of them, I just feel like I need a soul bath after I read them, they're so obviously demonic.

I have those on ignore. I don't need to be subjected to that. The posters always think it's because of their difficult questions. No. It's because I sense demons screaming when I read. Nope.

No one likes to be patronized. What you posted is like informing us the sun rises in the East. Duh. You act as if we don't already have your posted information--that while it has been known for years, decades, you were the only one of us that is even aware of it.

Listen, not one of us cares if you read our accounts and you attribute it to brain chemistry or whatever. Seriously, we get that--not a problem--but at least have enough respect to forego posting well known data. Bet you anything that I delved into all of that years before you did. Just pointing out that having an experience of God does not wash our minds of knowledge; and some of us immediately start investigating and researching what science offers as an explanation.

So, I see a thread. I come onto the thread and post that "is like informing us the sun rises in the East". And I get attacked for it.

Apparently posting what is known, what is science, is not respectful? Come off it.

If someone really believes they had some kind of Godly experience and doesn't want to be told it's not a Godly experience, they can just keep it to themselves.

If they come onto a DEBATE FORUM and start a thread and all they expect is for people to write "well done mate" rather than actually have a conversation, then what's the point.

Really I'm confused. What is it you people want? For everyone to bow down to your views?

I do realize the religious right want their right to freedom of religion to be placed higher than any other right anyone else has, and it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back