Torn meniscus with some arthritis clean up. From what I understand there are four levels of tears. Level one they let heal itself usually. Level two requires surgery, but not as bad as level three or four. Four is generally considered unrepairable.
meniscus. That was part of my problem as well. Apparently, that guy really did some damage..
I think that would just be microscopic surgery. If so, yes, it shouldn't take that long.
Good luck!
You could probably sue him for malpractice, TN, and get a pretty downpayment on whatever surgery is facing you in the future. Once he's out of prison, that is.
Im sure I could. Especially with evidence from the Sport doctor. Probably isn't worth it, to be honest.
Get an ambulance chaser, TN. Why should you pay another penny from your pocket for fixing his mistakes? No, you won't get rich but there are a lot of lawyers that would take a case like yours with no charge unless you win. That's what malpractice suits are for, not to make millions but to pay for fixing mistakes.

Torn meniscus with some arthritis clean up. From what I understand there are four levels of tears. Level one they let heal itself usually. Level two requires surgery, but not as bad as level three or four. Four is generally considered unrepairable.
meniscus. That was part of my problem as well. Apparently, that guy really did some damage..
I think that would just be microscopic surgery. If so, yes, it shouldn't take that long.
Good luck!
You could probably sue him for malpractice, TN, and get a pretty downpayment on whatever surgery is facing you in the future. Once he's out of prison, that is.
Im sure I could. Especially with evidence from the Sport doctor. Probably isn't worth it, to be honest.
Get an ambulance chaser, TN. Why should you pay another penny from your pocket for fixing his mistakes? No, you won't get rich but there are a lot of lawyers that would take a case like yours with no charge unless you win. That's what malpractice suits are for, not to make millions but to pay for fixing mistakes.
Very true!

You better have insurance.

Whatever your deductible cap is, you will reach it.

That's what it will cost you out of pocket.

The average surgery costs $50,000 to $75,000.

I had ACL reconstruction and some microscopic surgery on my ligaments when I was in my late teens from playing football.
Hope everything goes well, my man! Take good care of her. That's a bad spot to have surgery.
Oh, I don't remember what it cost, but it wasn't cheap. Luckily, I had AFLAC to help me out.

I am going with $2,900 total between the new annual deductible and copay. Apparently takes 30 minutes.

Good time to have it at beginning of the year, whatever your OOP max is the most it can cost, and then you are good to go for rehab if needed and medical scripts and equip. Now I have no idea what the new plan will be like with the pubs, but expect to cost lots more.

I apologize if this has been posted on before.

Mrs. Liberty has knee surgery tomorrow. I have no idea how much it will cost. Why?

If I took a car into the shop, they are required by law to give me an estimate. Any deviation from that has to be documented and approved prior to the work being done. I pay the same whether I have an extended warranty or cash. I can compare the quality of work by the shop to others through the BBB. I can look up comparative costs of parts online.

So why no doctor service quality rating services? Competitive pricing online? Why doesn't Blue Cross Blue Shield ask me to fill out a customer service questionnaire?

If you want to reduce medical costs, allow consumers better access to more information.

I had TKR a few years ago. I had BC/BS and still don't know what the cost was but oh how times have changed. I had major abdominal surgery in 1974 and even though the BC/BS I had at the time paid the entire bill, I still got a read out of the costs. Total was $2400 and I was an inpatient for almost 2 weeks.

About the TKR - the surgeon didn't want to do the surgery because I'm very active and would likely walk right through it. He said the last longer for older people; I was 65. I opted for a couple of years of injections including one just before we went to England for a long trip. I managed but there were times when I really wondered. Like Stonehenge and Bath. By the time we flew home, I was in a wheelchair. He said there was no choice because I was walking bone on bone so, as soon as I could free up the time, I had the surgery.

Make sure your wife does her physical therapy. Nothing is more important. Without it, the knee could go bad and then there's not a lot a surgeon can do. But, the knee is such that she could literally have walked out of the OP but obviously, she wouldn't and her doctor wouldn't let her.

You better have insurance.

Whatever your deductible cap is, you will reach it.

That's what it will cost you out of pocket.

The average surgery costs $50,000 to $75,000.

That's why so many Americans go to Thailand. A fraction of the cost and state of the art hospital. My surgeon travels the world teaching TKRs and has told me some fascinating stories.

As for deductibles - why do people whine about paying a higher deductible and less in premiums? Insurance is a gamble and the insurance provider always wins. By opting for a higher deductible, you're changing the odds a bit in your favor.

I apologize if this has been posted on before.

Mrs. Liberty has knee surgery tomorrow. I have no idea how much it will cost. Why?

If I took a car into the shop, they are required by law to give me an estimate. Any deviation from that has to be documented and approved prior to the work being done. I pay the same whether I have an extended warranty or cash. I can compare the quality of work by the shop to others through the BBB. I can look up comparative costs of parts online.

So why no doctor service quality rating services? Competitive pricing online? Why doesn't Blue Cross Blue Shield ask me to fill out a customer service questionnaire?

If you want to reduce medical costs, allow consumers better access to more information.

I had TKR a few years ago. I had BC/BS and still don't know what the cost was but oh how times have changed. I had major abdominal surgery in 1974 and even though the BC/BS I had at the time paid the entire bill, I still got a read out of the costs. Total was $2400 and I was an inpatient for almost 2 weeks.

About the TKR - the surgeon didn't want to do the surgery because I'm very active and would likely walk right through it. He said the last longer for older people; I was 65. I opted for a couple of years of injections including one just before we went to England for a long trip. I managed but there were times when I really wondered. Like Stonehenge and Bath. By the time we flew home, I was in a wheelchair. He said there was no choice because I was walking bone on bone so, as soon as I could free up the time, I had the surgery.

Make sure your wife does her physical therapy. Nothing is more important. Without it, the knee could go bad and then there's not a lot a surgeon can do. But, the knee is such that she could literally have walked out of the OP but obviously, she wouldn't and her doctor wouldn't let her.

Thanks Luddly. Mrs. Liberty was suppose to stay off the knee for three days. She has minimal swelling, not using pain meds much and is starting to put weight on it on it as per doctor's instructions. Trying to slowly add activity, so we don't cause issues.

thats what i had.....stepped in a spot while delivering mail and the knee went....mine was a 4.....

A coworker of mine had both knees replaced (one at a time) and she was completely back on her feet without cane or limping many weeks sooner than had been predicted because she was a bear about doing the physical therapy. She said it hurt a lot but she never skipped her exercises at home and really pushed. So tell Mrs. Liberty that.

Suppose to stay off it for three days. We bought crutches. Then it is back to normal from what they tell us. They say my recovery time is twice as long as Mrs. Liberty's The bills do take forever.
because i was in my 50's they kept me off of work for 4 months....then light duty for a month.....

Forum List

Back