Klobuchar: "after Parkland, Trump told me he was for background checks 9 times, next day he met with the NRA & changed mind" & she still has the notes

Sorry -- I blurted this out. Was on my mind heavily. Good discussion -- let's take this over to the thread BELOW. BAD moderator.

Last edited:
The Police were called 18 times to the home of the Parkland's shooter's house because of his behavior. This is Florida
The Baker Act had not yet passed but they had more than enough evidence to lock him up for assault on multiple occasions and for making terroristic threats.

He never was even taken in for a 5150 hold.

They have already moved liquor and cigarettes back to 21. To get a CDL Class A is also 21. I would leave the voting age and age of majority, ability to sign contracts etc alone, but I would move the age to purchase rifles to 25.
View attachment 650423
View attachment 650424
View attachment 650427

I saw this in my military career as well as my civilian supervisory/management career. In the military, this is enhanced by applied discipline, training and close supervision, especially where weapons are involved, but the civilian population does not usually have that kind of discipline, growing up. They say, the Army will make a man out of you, and in many ways, it does.
Only long as prosecutors don't start letting them off for crimes until age 25 like the teens that steal cars & everything else only to be sent home to momma & do it again the next day.

This shooters parents couldn't control him & were trying to evict him because they knew he was bad news. When your own parents say your bad, your gun rights should be gone.

The background check failed. The Buffalo shooter should have been red flagged.

And the high school shooter would have been stopped if there was a law you can't buy a gun until you are 21.
Background check didn't fail..the Red Flag law did.

The psychologist deemed him not a threat and no restriction was placed on in his records.

Raise the gun buying age to 21?

So they can't buy tobacco, alcohol or firearms until they are 21...

Shouldn't we raise the age of voting to 21 as well?

That would be my amendment to a law... if you can't buy a firearm to 21... you can't serve in the military until 21... and you can't vote until 21.

Hell... Democrats want free college... let's just add three more required years to highschool...

If they aren't adults, we should start treating them like kids again.

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun." - Donald Trump,The America We Deserve
Amy and the Progs really worked with Trump. He found out it was one way when he had meetings with them when he first entered office. Progs are for themselves and their agendas.

Only long as prosecutors don't start letting them off for crimes until age 25 like the teens that steal cars & everything else only to be sent home to momma & do it again the next day.

This shooters parents couldn't control him & were trying to evict him because they knew he was bad news. When your own parents say your bad, your gun rights should be gone.
Man, you got that right. On the criminal intentional side, I am far less understanding these days of acts by juveniles and the use of juveniles by older criminal as they might not face the same punishment and too dumb to know or taking advantage of if themselves, that most if not all, will be forgiven and sealed at 18. There are situations of 14-year-olds, I would have no problem at all, being prosecuted as adults, convicted, serve prison in a juvenile setting until 18 and then being automatically transferred to an adult prison to stay a long time.

SDT-2013-05-gun-crime-1-2.png

See that sudden plunge after 1993?

That's when the Brady Act was passed. The Brady Act is when federal background checks were first implemented.

Not a coincidence.

There you go. Background checks work. We need to plug the holes.

Forum List

Back