King David - A man after God's Own Heart

Yes Joseph was really the man of the Bible. One could trust him completely.

King Cyrus, I wonder if this was the garden of eden as you know Cyrus , Darius and the Pesians were great gardeners.
http://www.heritageinstitute.com/zoroastrianism/garden/
The word paradise comes from the Old Iranian word for exceptional gardens, pairi-daeza, which in later years was shortened to parideiza and then to paridiz. Pairi means all around, thoroughly and ultimate, while the precise meaning of daeza is uncertain. However, as a compound word, pairidaeza came to mean a celestial garden, a heavenly paradise on earth. The description of the Garden of Eden as paradise is derived from the Persian Avestan pairi-daeza, and some would say, was located in the northern Iranian Zagros mountains (see Gardens of Ancient Tabriz below).
In Persian, chahar means four and bagh means garden. Chahar bagh or the four gardens was the formal garden style used by Cyrus the Great (c. 600 to 576 - August 530 BCE) for his palace gardens at Pasargadae, the capital of Pars (Persia) during his reign. The garden at Pasargadae is the earliest known example of the chahar bagh, a design that became the core design for subsequent formal Iranian gardens including the gardens of India's Mughal rulers. The gardens of the Taj Mahal in Agra, India are based on Cyrus' Chahar Bagh design and are so named even today (see photographs below).

There is some speculation in the literature, that the four quadrants of the garden - the four rectangles or squares within a rectangle or square - represented the four quadrants of the Persian empire. The squares were created by walkways and straight white limestone lined water channels that connected square basins or pools placed at regular intervals. These water-courses or aqueducts formed the principle and secondary axes of the quadripartite layout and are the earliest known record of gravity-fed water rills cascading into regularly spaced basins arranged in a geometric system. The channels and basins served both a practical irrigation function and an aesthetic function. Besides, they also modified the climate of the immediate surroundings.

Before the flood paradise was moved to below the earth, Penelope, which is why Jesus told thief on the cross today you will be with me in paradise. You see, Penelope, when Jesus died he went down to hell and the grave to take back the keys which Satan had obtained through Adam's sin in the garden. It was at the cross that Satan was stripped of his powers. When Jesus told the thief he would be with him that that day in paradise he spoke the truth because as He had not yet ascended to heaven - heaven was not yet opened to those waiting in the grave - paradise was a place of waiting until heaven was opened through Jesus - paradise was within view of hell - we know this because of the rich man who begged Father Abraham to permit Lazarus to come bring him a drop of water for his tongue. Abraham told him that could not happen. There was a wide gulf between the two places. Then the rich man who was suffering great torments in hell said he wanted someone to go warn his brothers who were on the earth to not come to that place of torment - hell - because they were still alive - they could repent - but Abraham said if they would not believe the living neither would they believe the dead. When Jesus went to and took the keys to hell and the grave - he emptied paradise - when he ascended to heaven - heaven was opened and the grave was emptied. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the prophets are in heaven right this minute.

In the name of God, Buddha, Allah, and the great Mikael Akerfeldt, what in the Cosmos are you talking about?! Satan "losing his powers at the cross"? Jesus going to Hell aka the Harrowing of Christ is not in the Bible at all, I always viewed it as a Catholic myth, like Purgatory, derived from interpretations based on scripture, but not actually derived from scripture itself- kind of like how everybody calls inaccurately calls Satan "Lucifer".

What is all this about Satan taking keys obtained through Adam's sin and then Jesus pulling a Dante's Inferno to get the keys back?

Speak, Jeremiah.

Give me a few minutes. I will be happy to, Ashtara.

If Satan was stripped of his powers why is so much evil in the world? Are you saying we all go to hell before heaven?
No. Before the cross there was hell and the place called paradise - after the cross heaven was opened, Penelope. So through the Cross man was reconciled back to God - those in paradise awaiting that promise have now obtained it they are in heaven - those of us stilll alive can believe on Jesus Christ - and be forgiven all of our sins and enter heaven when we die.

It is written:

That if you shall confess with your mouth the LORD Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. for the scriptures say, WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH ON HIM SHALL NOT BE PUT TO SHAME. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek, for the same LORD over all is rich unto all who call upon him. FOR WHOSOEVER CALLS UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.

God loves you, Penelope! This is His plan to save you ! Because you are so very precious to Him! He loves Ashtara and Hot Potato too! Very , very , much!

Last edited:
For Ashtara - first scripture from Colossians,

And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

This is where Lucifer and all principalities and powers referenced in Ephesians 6: 12 were stripped - disarmed - where Jesus Christ made a public spectacle of them. Hold on... there is more!

If Satan was stripped of his powers why is so much evil in the world? Are you saying we all go to hell before heaven?

Here are some scriptures about hell and the grave. About Jesus stripping Satan of his powers. The reason there is so much evil, Penelope is simple. Not everyone is a born again Christian living a life of surrender to Jesus, not everyone is binding and loosing even though Jesus told us He has give us these keys to heaven! Whatever we bind on earth? Is bound in heaven. Whatever we loose on earth is loosed in heaven! Luke 10:19 is even more kingdom authority given the believer - look at this!
'
Behold, I give unto you power to tread upon serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means harm you. But rejoice not that the spirits are subject unto you, but rather that your name is written in the lambs book of life. Luke 10:19,20

If you receive Jesus Christ as your LORD and Savior, Penelope? Your name is written in the lambs book of life and the gates of hell shall not prevail against you! That is what Jesus has done for us! See Romans 10 : 8,9, 10

Here is some more scripture to explain what is going on............

When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades. "Therefore write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after these things.
- Revelation 1:17,18,19

"The LORD brings death and makes alive; he brings down to the grave and raises up.
-1 Samuel 2; 6

Have the gates of death been opened to thee? Or hast thou see the doors of the shadow of death? - Job 38:17 ( speaking of the gates of hell - have they been shown to thee? )

And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades. For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day.

-Matt 11:23

I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
- Matt. 16:19

So lets suppose you, Ashtara, Hot Potato get saved and you three and me are the only born again Christians in a certain city and we are using our kingdom authority here on the earth to take dominion by prayer by decreeing and declaring and preaching the gospel. But those who get converted start hanging out with the world drinking and partying and meanwhile us four are doing all the labor! No one is helping! The churches are busy with bingo and raffles and car washes and bake sales and no one wants to do any spiritual warfare. Imagine if the police depts of America didn't show up to work next week - the lawless ones find out about it - they go on a looting spree! No cops? No law enforcement? A "power outage to boot"? Sounds like a prime time for the lawless ones to take advantage of the situation. Satan is always looking to take advantage of a situation, Penelope. Now I have to pray for you guys and you guys have to pray for me because in our city that is all we have for spritual warfare - so we are doing the best we can with a four person team - but Jesus said, Pray to the LORD of the harvest to send forth more laborers. Because the laborers are few. But considering as a born again Christian you are given all authority over the enemy and that he can not harm you - you can do major damage - MAJOR damage to Satans kingdom - because you and God, Penelope, make the majority. So it is good news even if an entire city comes against you or even three or four. With God you will prevail. You will.

Last edited:
For Ashtara - first scripture from Colossians,

And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

This is where Lucifer and all principalities and powers referenced in Ephesians 6: 12 were stripped - disarmed - where Jesus Christ made a public spectacle of them. Hold on... there is more!

Now look at this, Ash. This is from Rev. 1: 17, 18, 19 concerning the keys to hell which Jesus refers to as Hades - here it is:

First the scene begins in - Rev. 1: 9 - 20 is the Revelation of Jesus Christ. The LORD wants me to type out the entire message for you so here it is:

I John, who also am your brother and companion in the tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus. I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, and a trumpet.

Saying, I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, and What thou seest write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia, unto Ephesus, and unto Symrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. And I turned to see the vice that spake with me,. And being turned I saw seven golden candlesticks. And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white as wool, and as white as snow, and his eyes were as a flame of fire. And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace, and his voice as the sound of many waters.
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. And when I saw him I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not, I am the first and the last. I am he that liveth, and was dead, and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen, and have the keys of hell and death.

There it is in bold print, Ash. You see that? All hell knows this is true. Now you know it too because Jesus loves you and he wants you to come and follow Him. He paid the ransom note for your freedom and no one and nothing can stand in your way if you desire to come to Him. He is inviting you to come to Him and dine at His banqueting table. He has a feast waiting for you.

Ashatara says:
In the name of God, Buddha, Allah, and the great Mikael Akerfeldt, what in the Cosmos are you talking about?! Satan "losing his powers at the cross"? Jesus going to Hell aka the Harrowing of Christ is not in the Bible at all, I always viewed it as a Catholic myth, like Purgatory, derived from interpretations based on scripture, but not actually derived from scripture itself- kind of like how everybody calls inaccurately calls Satan "Lucifer".
What is all this about Satan taking keys obtained through Adam's sin and then Jesus pulling a Dante's Inferno to get the keys back?
Speak, Jeremiah.

Point one is established in Colossians 1:15

Having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the the body of Christ.

Now on the matter of the place called paradise which was where Abraham was prior to the cross and Christ's descending into hell and the grave - taking the keys of hell and death which I did give you the entire story in Revelation 1: 9 - 20 earlier - right above this post you will see it, then we come to the next part of your post which references the myth of pergatory - which the Catholics teach and you are correct - it is a myth because even Avila who had a vision of hell as John Bunyan also had visions of heaven and hell which I shall post here for you, Ashtara because I want you to know the truth - yes Avila had a vision of hell and there was no pergatory - only hell - yet these type teachings persisted for the teaching of indulgences was that you could pay and get your loved one out of that place of torment for a certain amount of money is what I was told about it - I could not be sure about the details as I never considered it anything but nonsense and I am glad to see you were not taken in by such a silly teaching - but as you can see they misinterpreted scripture which is what happens when the Holy Spirit is not the teacher. He is my teacher and it is all so very plain and clear to me what happened - Christ had not yet gone to the Cross - I am sure Isaiah, Samuel and the prophets were delighted to behold Christ when he preached to them - that they received it with great joy and they are seated even now in heaven with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! As for your final comment, Satan is called the Force, Lucifer, Satan, the devil, the dragon, Lucifer was his name before he was cast out of heaven. Why does that bother you? Do you not realize these are all the same one? Satan is a deceiver, Ashtara. Why would you expect him to tell the truth? He is called the Father of lies. Did you know this? It is the truth. Listen to this, Ash. Click the video and hear John Bunyan's testimony of what he saw in his vision of heaven and of hell. You deserve to know the truth about what is really going on down there.

Last edited:
Here then is the good news. Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Whosoever means exactly that. Whosoever. You may say, you do not know what I did. I cannot be forgiven. Oh yes you can. God will forgive you for your sins. Remember the thread called testimony of an Ex - satanist? Do you not realize that man killed people? Put curses on people. Invoked the power of demons and did serve Lucifer and was even his secretary? He served Lucifer for many years and even called Lucifer his father or dad. God forgave that man and he will forgive you of your sins too. Jesus saved that man from eternity in hell and Jesus will save you too. That man is serving Jesus Christ today and you can have the same wonderful future he has now!

Say this prayer with me.

Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. I believe you died on the cross for my sins. I am sorry for my sins and ask you to forgive me. I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that you died on the cross for my sins and that you rose from the grave on the third day and are seated now at the right hand of the Father. Jesus, I thank you that you said whosoever calls upon the name of the LORD shall be saved and I ask you to receive me into your kingdom today. I will live for you and serve you all the days of my life and thank you for forgiving me for my sins and writing my name in your lambs book of Life. Amen.

If you have said that prayer with your mouth and believed with your heart you should know that the angels in heaven are rejoicing over your salvation and your name has now been recorded in the lambs book of life. You belong to Jesus now! You are a child of God! Welcome to the Family of God!

King David - A Man After God s Own Heart

King David's Accomplishments:
David killed Goliath, champion of the Philistines, when David was only a youth and Goliath a giant and veteran warrior. David was victorious because he trusted in God for the victory, not himself.
He killed many of Israel's enemies in battle.
Despite several opportunities, David refused to kill King Saul, God's first anointed king, who was pursuing David out of mad jealousy.
He became friends, like brothers, with Saul's son Jonathan, setting a model of friendship that everyone can learn from.
King David is included in the "Faith Hall of Fame" in Hebrews 11.
David was an ancestor of Jesus Christ. Jesus was often called "Son of David."
God called David a man after his own heart.
King David's Strengths:
David was courageous and strong in battle, trusting in God for protection.
He was loyal to Saul, despite Saul's crazed pursuit of him.
David loved God deeply throughout his entire life.
King David's Weaknesses:
King David committed adultery with Bathsheba. He then tried to cover up her pregnancy, and when he failed with that, he had her husband Uriah the Hittite killed.
He took a census of the people, willfully violating God's command not to do that.
King David was sometimes lax, or absent as a father, not disciplining his children when they needed it.
Life Lessons:
Honest self-examination is necessary to recognize our own sin, then we must repent of it. We may try to fool ourselves or others, but we cannot hide our sin from God.
God always offers forgiveness for our sins, but we cannot escape the consequences.
God highly values our faith in him. Despite life's ups and downs, God is ever-present to give us comfort and help.
Hometown:
Bethlehem, City of David in Jerusalem.
In seeking to have a heart after God as King David exemplified we must realize that we are going to have enemies, we are going to encounter mockers and scorners, we are going to encounter the same enemy that said to Eve, hath God really said?

In other words, Satan is going to challenge you in your faith to test you and see if he can make you doubt God - question God's Word as being truth, make you doubt the existence of Jesus Christ, make you turn you back from obeying God. If you listened to the John Bunyan video testimony - Visions of heaven and hell - you will see that Satan admitted he was defeated by God - he admitted this by his own confession - yet he said something very important - he said even though he was defeated it still gave him pleasure ( hear video for exact words as I am paraphrasing here ) to know he could destroy mankind by tempting them into sin, unbelief, believing him instead of God - in order to take those men to hell because as he admitted - he hates mankind with a great hatred became man was made in God's image. So if Satan can use men to create doubt in the hearts of other men such as what happened in the story of John Bunyan where he almost took his own life - then Satan gains satisfaction in this - because he is taking what God created to bless and take dominion and rule and to enjoy fellowship and all that He had originally given to Adam and Eve and turning it against God and against themselves so that they will destroy themselves and suffer eternally in hell with him. He wants to cause God great pain by destroying the apex of Gods creation. Man who was created in Gods imagine. Satan is trying to cause God to suffer by causing man to sin against God, rebel against God and spend eternity separated from God in hell. It is the ultimate story of "misery loves company".

So any time you see men who claim not to be atheists spend an inordinate amount of time discussing God on a message board or at a coffee shop or a classroom, or any place people gather to listen, to learn or read - you can know it is their attempt to destroy the faith of other people and those type of people should be avoided completely.

Do not listen to their discussions, do not read their words, do not consider their arguments, their reasonings but know that the judgment they will suffer in hell will leave them praying that those they deceived on earth will not be joining them in hell because they will learn once in hell that this will only add to their torments.

There is also the person who has lost their faith in God because someone convinced them through crafty argument to question the reality of God and then through a gateway of a spirit of unbelief they were taken captive in their mind - but God can deliver such a person because He knows just how Satan deceived that person and Gods love and mercy and compassion is for such a one even as Jesus spoke of the 1 lost lamb out of the 99. So those who are struggling to believe shall not stay in that state because Jesus came to set the captives free and that is exactly what He is going to do.

Last edited:
Is the Ark of the Covenant in the country of the queen of Sheba's keeping (Ethiopia) or is it in some American warehouse gathering dust after Mr Jones found it?
We need to know these things, rather than who is a better man, David or Cyrus!

If the Ark ever existed, and remains extant, my money's on it's in the Vatican Secret Archives.

Here then is the good news. Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Whosoever means exactly that. Whosoever. You may say, you do not know what I did. I cannot be forgiven. Oh yes you can. God will forgive you for your sins. Remember the thread called testimony of an Ex - satanist? Do you not realize that man killed people? Put curses on people. Invoked the power of demons and did serve Lucifer and was even his secretary? He served Lucifer for many years and even called Lucifer his father or dad. God forgave that man and he will forgive you of your sins too. Jesus saved that man from eternity in hell and Jesus will save you too. That man is serving Jesus Christ today and you can have the same wonderful future he has now!

Say this prayer with me.

Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. I believe you died on the cross for my sins. I am sorry for my sins and ask you to forgive me. I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that you died on the cross for my sins and that you rose from the grave on the third day and are seated now at the right hand of the Father. Jesus, I thank you that you said whosoever calls upon the name of the LORD shall be saved and I ask you to receive me into your kingdom today. I will live for you and serve you all the days of my life and thank you for forgiving me for my sins and writing my name in your lambs book of Life. Amen.

If you have said that prayer with your mouth and believed with your heart you should know that the angels in heaven are rejoicing over your salvation and your name has now been recorded in the lambs book of life. You belong to Jesus now! You are a child of God! Welcome to the Family of God!

All for prayer, even public prayer, but am curious. Jesus said "And when you pray, do not pray as the hypocrites do, loudly and in public, but go into your room and say (the Lord's Prayer.)" Does he say later on somewhere you can make up your own prayers and pray in public despite what I said about that?

Ashatara says:
Speak, Jeremiah.

Point one is established in Colossians 1:15

Having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the the body of Christ.

Now on the matter of the place called paradise which was where Abraham was prior to the cross and Christ's descending into hell and the grave - taking the keys of hell and death which I did give you the entire story in Revelation 1: 9 - 20 earlier - right above this post you will see it, then we come to the next part of your post which references the myth of pergatory - which the Catholics teach and you are correct - it is a myth because even Avila who had a vision of hell as John Bunyan also had visions of heaven and hell which I shall post here for you, Ashtara because I want you to know the truth - yes Avila had a vision of hell and there was no pergatory - only hell - yet these type teachings persisted for the teaching of indulgences was that you could pay and get your loved one out of that place of torment for a certain amount of money is what I was told about it - I could not be sure about the details as I never considered it anything but nonsense and I am glad to see you were not taken in by such a silly teaching - but as you can see they misinterpreted scripture which is what happens when the Holy Spirit is not the teacher. He is my teacher and it is all so very plain and clear to me what happened - Christ had not yet gone to the Cross - I am sure Isaiah, Samuel and the prophets were delighted to behold Christ when he preached to them - that they received it with great joy and they are seated even now in heaven with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! As for your final comment, Satan is called the Force, Lucifer, Satan, the devil, the dragon, Lucifer was his name before he was cast out of heaven. Why does that bother you? Do you not realize these are all the same one? Satan is a deceiver, Ashtara. Why would you expect him to tell the truth? He is called the Father of lies. Did you know this? It is the truth. Listen to this, Ash. Click the video and hear John Bunyan's testimony of what he saw in his vision of heaven and of hell. You deserve to know the truth about what is really going on down there.

[/b]

"Satan is called the Force..."

Wow, you're just pissing everybody off huh. :)

God felt sorry for David, Jeri. Adulterer, murderer, whose own son turned against him -- don't have any desire to be lack David.

Jesus loves you and Jesus is able to do what you cannot do. He is LORD and He is able to what is not possible for man to do. All things are possible with God. Jesus is God.

Listen to this and realize that God is in complete control. God loves us. This is wonderful news. When Jesus Christ is in control? You have nothing to fear. Absolutely nothing! Listen to this, beloved!

God felt sorry for David, Jeri. Adulterer, murderer, whose own son turned against him -- don't have any desire to be lack David.

The Word of God strongly disagrees with you. Jesus refers to King David many times with great approval- over and over and over and over and over it is recorded in the New Testament - there is a reason for this. King David "got it". What did he get? Who the LORD is. What the Lord desires. He was a man after God's own heart. All the way.

David was not "religious". He was a man in a genuinely deep relationship with the Lord. He did not care what others thought about it either. He was totally abandoned to God in his relationship to him. He was not held back by the opinions of men. Not in the least. His total focus was on God Almighty. He was a layed down lover of God. He was committed to doing things God's way. Holiness, obedience, repentance, prayer, seeking after God - as the deer panteth after the water brook so my soul does thirst for thee, O God! David was going all the way with God. No matter what. All the way, Starkey. All the way.

When you have the revelation of who Jesus Christ is according to the written Word of God, Starkey, you will realize that King David was indeed a man after God's own heart. You are blind. I pray Jesus opens your eyes to see and your ears to hear the truth - there is only one Jesus Christ of Nazareth and He is the Way and the Truth and the Life. You will never know Jesus if you insist in creating Him into your own image, likeness, to conform or adapt to your pet sins, compromising lifestyle and / or godless preferences. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is Holy. The LORD is Holy. Holy is the Lord God Almighty. You receive Him as He is or not at all. Your choice. As for me and my household? We shall serve the LORD.

Last edited:
I am trying to remember the story about a man who had listened to another man pray and he said that when the man prayed he knew - this man is in communion with God - his prayer was being heard in heaven - the very atmosphere in the room began to change as the man prayed and the LORD heard his prayer........that is how I recollect the story - I probably did not do it justice but the point I'm trying to make is that you can discern such things when a person prays and so in this matter of King Davids prayer of thanksgiving we can clearly see a wonderful relationship between him and the LORD. Listen to this!

David s Prayer of Thanks

2 Samuel 7:18-29
Then King David went in and sat before the LORD and prayed, "Who am I, O Sovereign LORD, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far? And now, Sovereign LORD, in addition to everything else, you speak of giving me a lasting dynasty! Do you deal with everyone this way, O Sovereign LORD? What more can I say? You know what I am really like, Sovereign LORD. For the sake of your promise and according to your will, you have done all these great things and have shown them to me.
"How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you--there is no other God. We have never even heard of another god like you! What other nation on earth is like Israel? What other nation, O God, have you redeemed from slavery to be your own people? You made a great name for yourself when you rescued your people from Egypt. You performed awesome miracles and drove out the nations and gods that stood in their way. You made Israel your people forever, and you, O LORD, became their God.
"And now, O LORD God, do as you have promised concerning me and my family. Confirm it as a promise that will last forever. And may your name be honored forever so that all the world will say, 'The LORD Almighty is God over Israel!' And may the dynasty of your servant David be established in your presence.
"O LORD Almighty, God of Israel, I have been bold enough to pray this prayer because you have revealed that you will build a house for me--an eternal dynasty! For you are God, O Sovereign LORD. Your words are truth, and you have promised these good things to me, your servant. And now, may it please you to bless me and my family so that our dynasty may continue forever before you. For when you grant a blessing to your servant, O Sovereign LORD, it is an eternal blessing!"

This is real prayer from a pure heart. This is what God wants from each one of us. He wants us to come to Him like this. God will withhold no good thing from those who walk uprightly. We need to live a Psalm 101 life with God like King David did. We need to decide who we are going to walk with, talk with, sit with according to Psalm 1. David did not have communion with evil men, he didn't walk with them, hang out with them, or sit with them for fellowship. That was not his company. He walked with the godly, talked with the godly and sat with the godly in fellowship. He wasn't at the bar Friday night telling lewd jokes and worshipping God in the temple on Saturday morning. When David sinned, he repented. He didn't dwell in the tents of the wicked. David walked before the Lord with a perfect heart.

Last edited:
Listen to this song. God wants to minister to you and encourage you that He is there for you today. Jesus loves you deeply and has a plan for your life and the answer for whatever you are facing today. This is the song for you. Sing it with all your heart and mean it with all your heart. Here is your answer!

Last edited:
David was a true worshipper of God and knew that the right worship music can usher those who listen into the presence of God. This music will refresh your spirit. Listen to this:

Mark 8 36 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world yet forfeit their soul

Context
[URL='http://biblehub.com/mark/8.htm']Take up Your Cross

35"For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it. 36"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?37"For what will a man give in exchange for his soul?…

Cross References

Matthew 16:26
What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?
Mark 8:35
For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it.
Mark 8:37
Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?

Treasury of Scripture
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

[/URL]

Forum List

Back