Kindergarten Teacher Reads Class Books On Transgenderism

Their needs are to be supported to do their best learning in the classroom. Anything that takes away from that is a detriment. If a doctor and parents agree that a child is more comfortable being treated as a girl, then my lack of participation in that will just cause that child confusion. It would be SELFISH and PRESUMPTUOUS of me to put my beliefs over the say-so of a doctor and a parent.

So, as I keep typing, my job would be to notify all parents about what is happening, listen to their concerns and questions, and develop a plan for explaining to the children why so and so will be called a different name, and support ALL the children through the change.

I wouldn't stamp my feet, quit my job, abandon my class, or accuse the parents or doctor of being child abusers. I would try to get through this quickly and smoothly, so I could get back to teaching.
I wasnt referring to name changes and such. I would play along with that. It would be ridiculous not to.
I was referring to reading stories and shit. Teaching them about it. No fucking way.

So, you wouldn't answer any kids' questions about it?

Way to go, Teach! :clap:
Yes. How in the holy hell do you keep creating this crap up that i didnt say? Maybe you need to read what this teacher actually did and let happen. Good lord!

You keep saying shit like you wouldn't go along with it, you wouldn't teach it, don't you know that answering questions is teaching?

Say what you would and wouldn't do, TN.

Oh, right. You'd quit in protest. Or not work for a school that would let this happen.

None of what you says makes much sense, or would make you a teacher worth a damn. Sorry.
AGAIN read what this teacher did. Teachers should be able to think and comprehend. Apparently you dont make much of one either :thup:
I would refer to the kid as whatever they wanted to be called as long as it was ok with the parents. If kids asked why, i would have a simple answer. "because thats what they want. That person can be who they want. and so can you" I would NOT do what this irresponsible teacher did. I would NOT indoctrinate my entire class.

You don't know kids.

Whole-class lesson is appropriate for a topic for which every child will show curiosity.

It's not indoctrination to read a book about the topic. That makes it easier for the students to generalize the information presented to other scenarios. The changing clothes was a device to give a real example of what is changing about the classmate and what is remaining the same. Kindergarteners still need concrete learning experiences.

What this teacher did wrong was not notify parents of this event.

Last edited:
From every thing I read she or he was not born inter-sex.

inter-sex and gender dysphoria are two different things, and both are very rare.

The current trend seems to be treating any phase of a kid as something that has to be treated and worked on RIGHT NOW, and everyone around them has to go along with it.

I kind of think gender dysphoria is a symptom of biological or environmental causes, and being born intersex is fairly common.

The parents of this child allowed her to dress as a girl at home but neutral in public. The parents are making money off of her period starting at the age of 7 which I find horrible. A reality TV show and books and dolls , the dough is rolling in.

I think its far more rare than people realize. I see a lot of this being bandwagon jumping by haute parents trying to get on the gender fluid bandwagon.

It's "faddish", much like all the sudden teens becoming LBGT, I read the other day the highest teen pregnancy rate is by those identifying as lesbian.

I don't think tbey know what lesbian means
LOL no way

I'll see if I can find the link

I wasnt referring to name changes and such. I would play along with that. It would be ridiculous not to.
I was referring to reading stories and shit. Teaching them about it. No fucking way.

Yes. How in the holy hell do you keep creating this crap up that i didnt say? Maybe you need to read what this teacher actually did and let happen. Good lord!

You keep saying shit like you wouldn't go along with it, you wouldn't teach it, don't you know that answering questions is teaching?

Oh, right. You'd quit in protest. Or not work for a school that would let this happen.

None of what you says makes much sense, or would make you a teacher worth a damn. Sorry.
AGAIN read what this teacher did. Teachers should be able to think and comprehend. Apparently you dont make much of one either :thup:
I would refer to the kid as whatever they wanted to be called as long as it was ok with the parents. If kids asked why, i would have a simple answer. "because thats what they want. That person can be who they want. and so can you" I would NOT do what this irresponsible teacher did. I would NOT indoctrinate my entire class.

You don't know kids.

Whole-class lesson is appropriate for a topic for which every child will show curiosity.

It's not indoctrination to read a book about the topic. That makes it easier for the students to generalize the information presented to other scenarios. The changing clothes was a device to give a real example of what is changing about the classmate and what is different. Kindergarteners still need concrete learning experiences.

Well, we disagree. I think school is for learning real things. I against harmful delusion and indoctrination. You dont have to be. Thats your choice.

At 5 years old there shouldn't be a transition in the first place. At 5 years old the best thing to do is see if the kid can become comfortable in their own body.
actual gender re-assignment should be a last resort, not a first.

inter-sex and gender dysphoria are two different things, and both are very rare.

The current trend seems to be treating any phase of a kid as something that has to be treated and worked on RIGHT NOW, and everyone around them has to go along with it.

I kind of think gender dysphoria is a symptom of biological or environmental causes, and being born intersex is fairly common.

The parents of this child allowed her to dress as a girl at home but neutral in public. The parents are making money off of her period starting at the age of 7 which I find horrible. A reality TV show and books and dolls , the dough is rolling in.

That's the child that the book is about, not the child that is written about in the OP.

I understand that , but would you of read the book and allowed the child to change clothes ?

I'd have to read the entire book myself first. I don't know it. I would try to find one that's suitable.

I think the clothes-changing thing is more difficult. I'd rather the child just switch to gender-neutral clothing. No fuss, no big surprises. But the change in name and pronouns would have to be addressed which is why I would try to find a suitable book addressing the subject.

Honestly, I'm glad it just wouldn't happen in my school, but I'm saddened to believe that such a child would probably be asked to leave.

How come the state will interfere in a families business for calling them a certain name, but not mental child abuse like this?

You don't know kids.

It's not indoctrination to read a book about the topic. That makes it easier for the students to generalize the information presented to other scenarios. The changing clothes was a device to give a real example of what is changing about the classmate and what is different. Kindergarteners still need concrete learning experiences.

Well, we disagree. I think school is for learning real things. I against harmful delusion and indoctrination. You dont have to be. Thats your choice.

Actually, you haven't grasped a word I've written, then. The only way it's my "choice" is if I want to run counter to a parent, doctor, and/or administrators.

Teaching is a team sport.

When I think about this the parents had to put the child up to it.

A 5 year old is not going to bring these books to the teacher and a change of clothes and ask her to read them without the parents encouragement , would they?

You don't know kids.

Actually, you haven't grasped a word I've written, then. The only way it's my "choice" is if I want to run counter to a parent, doctor, and/or administrators.

Doing that shit she did was HER choice

At 5 years old there shouldn't be a transition in the first place. At 5 years old the best thing to do is see if the kid can become comfortable in their own body.
actual gender re-assignment should be a last resort, not a first.

I think its far more rare than people realize. I see a lot of this being bandwagon jumping by haute parents trying to get on the gender fluid bandwagon.

It's "faddish", much like all the sudden teens becoming LBGT, I read the other day the highest teen pregnancy rate is by those identifying as lesbian.

I don't think tbey know what lesbian means

that phenomenon is also seen in the whole college "LUG" thing. Lesbian until Graduation. They want to have sex but don't want to risk pregnancy or a long relationship with some college bro.

You don't know kids.

The kid brought in the books.

It's not clear who thought of the clothes-changing.

I don't know if she had administrator support, the article only stated "colleague support."

So, I agree, she took a lot on herself, and I haven't shied away from criticizing this teacher.

I told you what I would do. Which is involving everyone before I made a move, and then you said it was my choice to teach that.

When I said it wouldn't really be my choice, you refer back to the teacher in the article, as if I was following her lead. When I have clearly said what I would do differently.

So sorry, but it's all there in black and white, despite your desire to win the argument.

This is a bit much. Most kindergarteners barely understand the differences between girls and boys. Let alone what it means to be transgender. I'm a huge supporter of the trans community, but I don't agree with discussing it with children who dont have a concept and understanding of these things.

As a teacher I'm shocked she thought it was ok to read something like this without informing parents.

What's sad is that you're a teacher spreading the bullshit you believe.

What??? Reading comprehension isn't a strong skill of yours, is it? Because no where in my post did I mention what I teach my students and yet you act like you know.

I know what you are and what you push. If you tell me you're neutral on those issue, you're also a liar.
No, you are the liar. Nia is responding like a professional, which is what she is. You are the one talking like a partisan fairy-tale writer.

Last edited:
This is a bit much. Most kindergarteners barely understand the differences between girls and boys. Let alone what it means to be transgender. I'm a huge supporter of the trans community, but I don't agree with discussing it with children who dont have a concept and understanding of these things.

As a teacher I'm shocked she thought it was ok to read something like this without informing parents.

What??? Reading comprehension isn't a strong skill of yours, is it? Because no where in my post did I mention what I teach my students and yet you act like you know.

I know what you are and what you push. If you tell me you're neutral on those issue, you're also a liar.
No, you are the liar. Ricechickie is responding like a professional, which is what she is. You are the one talking like a partisan fairy-tale writer.

THank you, but those posts were Nia's.

I didn't know she's a teacher, too.

You don't know kids.

Stay strong, ricechickie. TN ... well, you know TN.:lalala:

No, you are the liar. Ricechickie is responding like a professional, which is what she is. You are the one talking like a partisan fairy-tale writer.

THank you, but those posts were Nia's.

I didn't know she's a teacher, too.
OOOPS! Quick edit!

You don't know kids.

I don't know if she had administrator support, the article only stated "colleague support."

So, I agree, she took a lot on herself, and I haven't shied away from criticizing this teacher.

I told you what I would do. Which is involving everyone before I made a move, and then you said it was my choice to teach that.

When I said it wouldn't really be my choice, you refer back to the teacher in the article, as if I was following her lead. When I have clearly said what I would do differently.

So sorry, but it's all there in black and white, despite your desire to win the argument.
I said it was HER choice. Its there in black and white :)

You don't know kids.

Stay strong, ricechickie. TN ... well, you know TN.:lalala:
:trolls:

You don't know kids.

I said it was HER choice. Its there in black and white :)

Before that you said it was my choice. It's also there.

In black and white.

Do you lose track of your argument often?

Forum List

Back