Kindergarten Teacher Reads Class Books On Transgenderism

It IS a bit much, but what does a teacher do if it's happening in his or her classroom?

The way I read this, a child was identifying as the other gender, and brought in the books to the teacher. Ideally, I would have wanted to draft a letter to parents explaining the situation warning them that their children will have questions, and I wonder why that wasn't done. What I wonder is if there was some kind of privacy issue with the child and her family.

Although, once the child started dressing and identifying as the other gender, it becomes pretty obvious who it is.

Bottom line, this should have been discussed with parents, so they could address the situation at home. Of course, the transgender child in question still deserves every bit of support a school community can give, regardless of your personal opinion.

there is zero reason for parents to give into a 5 year old when it comes to pretty much anything, wanting to be another gender included. It is done under the misguided principle that this will help them later on, but all it does is open up confusion and questions that really shouldn't be dealt with by anyone before puberty. Once they hit that, let them figure it out, and once they hit 18 let a psychologist decide if they actually have a gender dysphoria that only surgery can correct.

As a teacher, I would have no say in how the parents dealt with their own child. As a teacher, it would be my responsibility to consider the whole class and how to best ease that transition.

As a teacher, I'd expect you to teach facts not some fantasy that someone can do something that simply can't be done.

Ok, these are the facts.

This student prefers to be referred to as a girl. This makes this student more comfortable. This student's parents and doctor(s) recommend that we refer to her as a girl and call her the name she prefers. It's respectful to do so.

All fact.

I would not read books about trannies and shit to my class, no. I wont honor parents wishes if it would hurt the rest of my class. No teacher should.
Schools are for learning about REAL shit. Not indoctrinating delusion.
There is school policy for shoving delusion down childrens throats? Link?

Awwww. Your sensibilities are hurt, so you would ignore the psychological needs of your Kindergarten class.
So you think their "needs" are indoctrination and delusion? This shit isnt imaginary friends or star wars. We are talking shit that will effect them the rest of their lives.
Social perversion isnt good for anyone. Especially innocent children.

Their needs are to be supported to do their best learning in the classroom. Anything that takes away from that is a detriment. If a doctor and parents agree that a child is more comfortable being treated as a girl, then my lack of participation in that will just cause that child confusion. It would be SELFISH and PRESUMPTUOUS of me to put my beliefs over the say-so of a doctor and a parent.

So, as I keep typing, my job would be to notify all parents about what is happening, listen to their concerns and questions, and develop a plan for explaining to the children why so and so will be called a different name, and support ALL the children through the change.

I wouldn't stamp my feet, quit my job, abandon my class, or accuse the parents or doctor of being child abusers. I would try to get through this quickly and smoothly, so I could get back to teaching.
I wasnt referring to name changes and such. I would play along with that. It would be ridiculous not to.
I was referring to reading stories and shit. Teaching them about it. No fucking way.

So, you wouldn't answer any kids' questions about it?

Way to go, Teach! :clap:
Yes. How in the holy hell do you keep creating this crap up that i didnt say? Maybe you need to read what this teacher actually did and let happen. Good lord!

They are pushing this book everywhere from what I have seen. She even has a doll. Think of all the money they are making off of this.
there is zero reason for parents to give into a 5 year old when it comes to pretty much anything, wanting to be another gender included. It is done under the misguided principle that this will help them later on, but all it does is open up confusion and questions that really shouldn't be dealt with by anyone before puberty. Once they hit that, let them figure it out, and once they hit 18 let a psychologist decide if they actually have a gender dysphoria that only surgery can correct.

As a teacher, I would have no say in how the parents dealt with their own child. As a teacher, it would be my responsibility to consider the whole class and how to best ease that transition.

At 5 years old there shouldn't be a transition in the first place. At 5 years old the best thing to do is see if the kid can become comfortable in their own body.
actual gender re-assignment should be a last resort, not a first.

From every thing I read she or he was not born inter-sex.

inter-sex and gender dysphoria are two different things, and both are very rare.

The current trend seems to be treating any phase of a kid as something that has to be treated and worked on RIGHT NOW, and everyone around them has to go along with it.

Clearly, you don't have to deal with real-world problems.

You keep stamping your feet and plugging your ears.

I raise seven children, whackjob, trust me I know what real life problems are. Idiot "teachers' such as yourself rank high on the list.

You wouldn't last a semester at our children's school....I"d make sure of it.

Ironic, considering I said I'd even try to work with the batshit crazy parents' wishes.

But you clearly either can't read or comprehend.

Keep on :blahblah:

Actually you're not worth the effort. You need to learn how the real world works...you live in some delusion. Typical left loon.

Also...it would give me pause to learn you were anywhere near our children. Probably why they attend private school, your ilk can't get to them
:rofl:

Bitch, I work in a private school!

:rofl:

Would you read the book to kindergarteners without every parent's consent?

I know I've written several times that I would notify all parents with my plan before doing anything. Actually, I would also talk to my principal before that.

It probably wouldn't fly in my school, anyway. And I would accept that, too.

It IS a bit much, but what does a teacher do if it's happening in his or her classroom?

The way I read this, a child was identifying as the other gender, and brought in the books to the teacher. Ideally, I would have wanted to draft a letter to parents explaining the situation warning them that their children will have questions, and I wonder why that wasn't done. What I wonder is if there was some kind of privacy issue with the child and her family.

Although, once the child started dressing and identifying as the other gender, it becomes pretty obvious who it is.

Bottom line, this should have been discussed with parents, so they could address the situation at home. Of course, the transgender child in question still deserves every bit of support a school community can give, regardless of your personal opinion.

As a teacher, I'd expect you to teach facts not some fantasy that someone can do something that simply can't be done.

Ok, these are the facts.

This student prefers to be referred to as a girl. This makes this student more comfortable. This student's parents and doctor(s) recommend that we refer to her as a girl and call her the name she prefers. It's respectful to do so.

All fact.

A 5 year old may also prefer to eat nothing but snickers for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Its up to parents to tell them "no".

And I have a feeling this doctor is probably a lefty idiot.

Awwww. Your sensibilities are hurt, so you would ignore the psychological needs of your Kindergarten class.
So you think their "needs" are indoctrination and delusion? This shit isnt imaginary friends or star wars. We are talking shit that will effect them the rest of their lives.

Their needs are to be supported to do their best learning in the classroom. Anything that takes away from that is a detriment. If a doctor and parents agree that a child is more comfortable being treated as a girl, then my lack of participation in that will just cause that child confusion. It would be SELFISH and PRESUMPTUOUS of me to put my beliefs over the say-so of a doctor and a parent.

So, as I keep typing, my job would be to notify all parents about what is happening, listen to their concerns and questions, and develop a plan for explaining to the children why so and so will be called a different name, and support ALL the children through the change.

I wouldn't stamp my feet, quit my job, abandon my class, or accuse the parents or doctor of being child abusers. I would try to get through this quickly and smoothly, so I could get back to teaching.
I wasnt referring to name changes and such. I would play along with that. It would be ridiculous not to.
I was referring to reading stories and shit. Teaching them about it. No fucking way.

Yes. How in the holy hell do you keep creating this crap up that i didnt say? Maybe you need to read what this teacher actually did and let happen. Good lord!

You keep saying shit like you wouldn't go along with it, you wouldn't teach it, don't you know that answering questions is teaching?

Say what you would and wouldn't do, TN.

Oh, right. You'd quit in protest. Or not work for a school that would let this happen.

None of what you says makes much sense, or would make you a teacher worth a damn. Sorry.

How do you explain transexualism to a 5 year old?
"hey mr. harley, why are we calling sarah john now?
"well, johns parents are helping john create a mental illness. Its quit possible he wont be the same for the rest of his life. There is a 50/50 chance he will end up killing himself. Does that answer your question, angela?"
:crybaby:

Ok, these are the facts.

All fact.

A 5 year old may also prefer to eat nothing but snickers for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Its up to parents to tell them "no".

And I have a feeling this doctor is probably a lefty idiot.
the doctor would have to be. What else besides identity politics would make this situation ok?

Oh, and I read what the teacher actually did.

'According to the news report, the book was given to the teacher by a gender-confused child. Parents asserted the same kindergartner “also changed clothes and was revealed as her true gender” during class.'

So what would you have done different? Do you know the reasoning behind what she did?

At 5 years old there shouldn't be a transition in the first place. At 5 years old the best thing to do is see if the kid can become comfortable in their own body.

inter-sex and gender dysphoria are two different things, and both are very rare.

The current trend seems to be treating any phase of a kid as something that has to be treated and worked on RIGHT NOW, and everyone around them has to go along with it.

I kind of think gender dysphoria is a symptom of biological or environmental causes, and being born intersex is fairly common.

The parents of this child allowed her to dress as a girl at home but neutral in public. The parents are making money off of her period starting at the age of 7 which I find horrible. A reality TV show and books and dolls , the dough is rolling in.

This is a bit much. Most kindergarteners barely understand the differences between girls and boys. Let alone what it means to be transgender. I'm a huge supporter of the trans community, but I don't agree with discussing it with children who dont have a concept and understanding of these things.

As a teacher I'm shocked she thought it was ok to read something like this without informing parents.

What's sad is that you're a teacher spreading the bullshit you believe.

What??? Reading comprehension isn't a strong skill of yours, is it? Because no where in my post did I mention what I teach my students and yet you act like you know.

Ok, these are the facts.

All fact.

It's disrespectful and wrong to pretend that someone can be something they can't be because they dream it up.

I can take chicken shit and make it look exactly like chicken salad and call it chicken salad. Will you eat it?

I kind of think gender dysphoria is a symptom of biological or environmental causes, and being born intersex is fairly common.

The parents of this child allowed her to dress as a girl at home but neutral in public. The parents are making money off of her period starting at the age of 7 which I find horrible. A reality TV show and books and dolls , the dough is rolling in.

I think its far more rare than people realize. I see a lot of this being bandwagon jumping by haute parents trying to get on the gender fluid bandwagon.

"well, johns parents are helping john create a mental illness. Its quit possible he wont be the same for the rest of his life. There is a 50/50 chance he will end up killing himself. Does that answer your question, angela?"

Have fun with the lawsuit.

Again, you wouldn't want a teacher telling a kid that Trump-voters might have racist tendencies, would you?

Or that vaccines are going to make them sick?

Or that allergies are just in their head?

This is a bit much. Most kindergarteners barely understand the differences between girls and boys. Let alone what it means to be transgender. I'm a huge supporter of the trans community, but I don't agree with discussing it with children who dont have a concept and understanding of these things.

As a teacher I'm shocked she thought it was ok to read something like this without informing parents.

What's sad is that you're a teacher spreading the bullshit you believe.

What??? Reading comprehension isn't a strong skill of yours, is it? Because no where in my post did I mention what I teach my students and yet you act like you know.

I know what you are and what you push. If you tell me you're neutral on those issue, you're also a liar.

You keep saying shit like you wouldn't go along with it, you wouldn't teach it, don't you know that answering questions is teaching?

Say what you would and wouldn't do, TN.

Oh, right. You'd quit in protest. Or not work for a school that would let this happen.

None of what you says makes much sense, or would make you a teacher worth a damn. Sorry.
AGAIN read what this teacher did. Teachers should be able to think and comprehend. Apparently you dont make much of one either :thup:
I would refer to the kid as whatever they wanted to be called as long as it was ok with the parents. If kids asked why, i would have a simple answer. "because thats what they want. That person can be who they want. and so can you" I would NOT do what this irresponsible teacher did. I would NOT indoctrinate my entire class.

That's the child that the book is about, not the child that is written about in the OP.

Have fun with the lawsuit.

Again, you wouldn't want a teacher telling a kid that Trump-voters might have racist tendencies, would you?

Or that vaccines are going to make them sick?

Or that allergies are just in their head?
Well, i was obviously joking.
And those are facts, not political opinions. Teachers should be able to construct simple, correct analogies as well :)

That's the child that the book is about, not the child that is written about in the OP.

I understand that , but would you of read the book and allowed the child to change clothes ?

I think its far more rare than people realize. I see a lot of this being bandwagon jumping by haute parents trying to get on the gender fluid bandwagon.

It's "faddish", much like all the sudden teens becoming LBGT, I read the other day the highest teen pregnancy rate is by those identifying as lesbian.

I don't think tbey know what lesbian means

It's "faddish", much like all the sudden teens becoming LBGT, I read the other day the highest teen pregnancy rate is by those identifying as lesbian.

I don't think tbey know what lesbian means
LOL no way

Forum List

Back