Kiev is now surrounded....

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
This is a key turning point. Time to put down the weapons and talk. It's not going to get any better from here.

Jo

if true then bad news for Ukraine. When the Red Army took Berlin in 1945 they faced more resistance than the entire Ukranian army could give. Mater of time now.

What evidence do you have of this? On CBC they are showing UK intelligence saying the Russians are 30km away from Kyiv (the Ukranian spelling)

But don't worry, let's give it a month for Russia to back down like Sleepy joe predicted...

Ok...an aside...

I've always heard and said Kiev (key-ehv)...now I see it spelled Kyiv pronounced (Key-v).
Keev. That's what we're hearing on TV. They got together and decided on a pronunciation, at least on Fox. Ki-ev like always is good enough for me. My husband called a Ukrainian he knows and she said it's K-ev, there. So I'm not impressed that we need to follow the dictates of Fox or any media.

So Ki-ev it stays for me.

I say Burma, too. What is this silly Myanmar business?? It's important to say things the way YOU want to say them, or pretty soon you're calling young men "she."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back