Kids raised with no father. This may be the societal problem that we must solve (Poll)

Was your father or step-father in your household when you were growing up?

• Yes. I had the advantage of a father.

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • No. I did not have the advantage of a father.

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
25m kids are being raised with no father in the household.
That is more than twice the populations of LA + NYC.
Black kids are 3x as likely not to have a dad in the house as white kids.

When I see the street criminals I can't help but wonder if a father would have made a difference.

So on Father's Day, not to criticize those who don't have the advantage of a father in the household, but just to see how those statistics work on the USMB. Was your father or step-father in your household when you were growing up?

This topic is a kneejerk attempt to address America's social issues. There's obviously no genuine concern being shown but at least the issues are rattling around in the heads of the extremists.

The topic has little chance of contributing to any social change quite yet. The remedy with guns needs to run it's course by resulting in much blood and failure.

This topic is a kneejerk attempt to address America's social issues. There's obviously no genuine concern being shown but at least the issues are rattling around in the heads of the extremists.

The topic has little chance of contributing to any social change quite yet. The remedy with guns needs to run it's course by resulting in much blood and failure.
You know deep down that if marriages were not destroyed by all of the social justice agendas, that those who are at the top of the food chain now would be ostracized.

I never had a father.

I don't steal for a living.
I don't constantly lie to everybody.
I don't subscribe to the "gimme" "gimme" "gimme" lifestyle.
I don't expect everybody else to be paying MY bills for me.
I've worked jobs all of my adult life.
I don't rape women.
I don't attack people for no reason.
I don't shoot people walking down the street.
I don't even own a gun.
I don't live off welfare.
I don't sell drugs.
I don't do illegal drugs.
I don't even smoke.

I was never "disadvantaged" for not having a father.
I never felt "weird" or "different" because I never had a father.
I was never neglected or ignored from something because I didn't have a father.
I was never made fun of or ridiculed because I didn't have a father.
I never felt like something was missing from my life, because I didn't have a father.

Actually, I never even thought about my life without a father. And I still don't.
Even when people bring it up, I never think "what if".

In fact, I consider myself as "dodging a bullet", as the fathers I saw growing up never did anything with their kids. They worked jobs, came home, read the paper, ate dinner, watched TV and went to bed. That was basically the extent of what fathers did. I never saw any fathers at school functions. I never saw any fathers at classroom events. Never saw fathers out in public with their kids or family. Nobody ever talked about their fathers, except to say they had one.

So people telling me I am "missing out" or I am "disadvantaged" or "something is wrong with me" because I never had a father are all morons. They have NO CLUE about ME or my life.

If you had a father, fine. I didn't, and I grew up just fucking fine.
So you can take your negative presumptions and sit on them!

You know deep down that if marriages were not destroyed by all of the social justice agendas, that those who are at the top of the food chain now would be ostracized.
I know that marriages falling apart is a big part of the problem.

But so do you and that's encouraging to hear hints on social reform being discussed.

The situation is fast approaching the point at which the bad guy with the gun will shoot and kill the good guy before the good guy even realizes what's about to go down!

Then what? Time to look for solutions that eliminate the bad guy's need for a gun?
Why do bad guys with guns do what they do?

That doesn't sound like you're fine. Do you hear that often?
1655655540431.png

Don't project YOUR inadequacies onto me!

That may be the most difficult problem of all to solve. Fathers leave for a variety of reasons. Black Fathers leave in higher percentages but it is a problem that affects families of all races and it's not always poor families. I know a White engineering manager who screwed his ex-wife out of a large percentage of HER 401k and bailed on their only daughter. He pays child support but that's it. She is a very talented singer and dancer but he refuses to even see her performances. I'd see him in the hallways sometimes before retired and it was all I could do to keep from shoving that asshole up against the wall.

But if a dad abandons his kid and family is that really someone that would make a good father if he stayed? Just because a man is there doesn't mean the kid will turn out better because there is no shortage of shitty grown men.

Not having a dad doesn't mean you'll turn out bad, my grandma raised me when my parents didn't want me and split up and I turned out pretty well.

Kids growing up poorly is a multiple reason problem.

Yes no dad and or mom is a problem.

Our society also fosters the weak and the soft. We don't raise kids to be tough, smart, independent, strong and autonomous. Too many people raise weak willed kids that grow up to be pussy ass bitches.

We tolerate and even encourage criminals. We need to treat criminals like criminals. Too many kids grow up seeing criminals always in the news and getting away with shit. Even blm burning and looting for years is a bad influence. Especially black kids as they are raised to think nothing is their fault because society is racist.

Religion, common decency, common courtesy, love for your country, hard work, pride in achieving, and being moral aren't things held in high regard anymore. Soon as those concepts publicly went in the toilet our society started to go down with them.

I know that marriages falling apart is a big part of the problem.

But so do you and that's encouraging to hear hints on social reform being discussed.

The situation is fast approaching the point at which the bad guy with the gun will shoot and kill the good guy before the good guy even realizes what's about to go down!

Then what? Time to look for solutions that eliminate the bad guy's need for a gun?
Why do bad guys with guns do what they do?
Lock up the drug addicts and gun violence will decline precipitously.

But if a dad abandons his kid and family is that really someone that would make a good father if he stayed? Just because a man is there doesn't mean the kid will turn out better because there is no shortage of shitty grown men.

Not having a dad doesn't mean you'll turn out bad, my grandma raised me when my parents didn't want me and split up and I turned out pretty well.

Kids growing up poorly is a multiple reason problem.

Yes no dad and or mom is a problem.

Our society also fosters the weak and the soft. We don't raise kids to be tough, smart, independent, strong and autonomous. Too many people raise weak willed kids that grow up to be pussy ass bitches.

We tolerate and even encourage criminals. We need to treat criminals like criminals. Too many kids grow up seeing criminals always in the news and getting away with shit. Even blm burning and looting for years is a bad influence. Especially black kids as they are raised to think nothing is their fault because society is racist.

Religion, common decency, common courtesy, love for your country, hard work, pride in achieving, and being moral aren't things held in high regard anymore. Soon as those concepts publicly went in the toilet our society started to go down with them.
We're basically talking about troubled black kids that have no father. Very different situation from other ethnicities.

I turned out ok (for the most part) in spite of having a father in the home.

Lock up the drug addicts and gun violence will decline precipitously.
That's it! That's the extreme right's talking point. But it's being tried and has been tried for years, and the problem just gets worse.

Can it escalate to guns in the street? And if so then will the bad guys start killing good guys as a precaution against police interference.

Does Mexico's problem send any messages?

That's it! That's the extreme right's talking point. But it's being tried and has been tried for years, and the problem just gets worse.

Can it escalate to guns in the street? And if so then will the bad guys start killing good guys as a precaution against police interference.

Does Mexico's problem send any messages?
Detaining addicts has never been tried.
If it has it was botched.
If it was botched it was deliberate.
If it was deliberate it was because it proved effective.

Cynical, I know.

It is a problem, to be sure.
Yes it is. A major problem for both sons and daughters. Without both parents involved with the children it is very difficult for young people to learn how a proper family is supposed to be.
If a man is the type of person to walk away from his kids, would it matter if he was in the home or not?
Then maybe we need to start teaching young men and women that sex, and raising the resulting children is a responsibility Of both parents. Almost anyone can be a mommy or a daddy. It takes better people to be Mothers and Fathers.

Forum List

Back