Keystone ; Unimportant.

China gets oil, Canada gets cash, We get the mess. Let's pass.
^ that

Normally a party would be embarraessed when it waS DISCOVERED ALL THEIR DOING IS SERVING AS WATER-CARRIERS FOR BIG OIL BUT APPARENTLY THEIR VOTERS DON'T EVEN CARE. Cheap political points are what they're about.

Why would Canada ship oil all the way south to the Gulf in order to ship it to China?
Because they already do, dummy. Getting to the West Coast is a major problem for them since they don't own all the land, some of it is owned by Native Canadians who've said no to a pipeline. Look it up: Where Keystone s oil will go - Sep. 16 2013

And

Fact Check Keystone XL Would Ship Foreign Oil To Foreign Lands ThinkProgress

It's true that the 830,000 barrels a day the pipeline is slated to carry would probably replace some of the 2 million barrels a day of heavy oil currently imported to the Gulf Coast. It's generally cheaper to transport oil by pipeline than by ship, so refiners would likely opt for the Canadian crude.....
Once refined, it'll be impossible to tell exactly where the oil that came down the pipeline went, but "with more oil, that [export] number will increase," said Milne.

Thanks for posting the proof of your error.
Saves me the trouble.
I'm perfectly happy to tell the entire story of this sludge, that we don't need.

I'd be happy if you simply learned the difference between oil exports and refined products exports.
I'm well aware of it, TY. And also well aware of what the plans have always been for this oil, it's for export.

If you're aware of it, why do you keep saying "oil" and "export"?
This oil will not be exported, it will be refined. Get it?

^ that

Normally a party would be embarraessed when it waS DISCOVERED ALL THEIR DOING IS SERVING AS WATER-CARRIERS FOR BIG OIL BUT APPARENTLY THEIR VOTERS DON'T EVEN CARE. Cheap political points are what they're about.

Oh no! Water carriers for American companies that provide oil, jobs and dividends for Americans. 3 things Obama keeps fighting against.

Because they already do, dummy. Getting to the West Coast is a major problem for them since they don't own all the land, some of it is owned by Native Canadians who've said no to a pipeline. Look it up: Where Keystone s oil will go - Sep. 16 2013

And

Fact Check Keystone XL Would Ship Foreign Oil To Foreign Lands ThinkProgress

It's true that the 830,000 barrels a day the pipeline is slated to carry would probably replace some of the 2 million barrels a day of heavy oil currently imported to the Gulf Coast. It's generally cheaper to transport oil by pipeline than by ship, so refiners would likely opt for the Canadian crude.....
Once refined, it'll be impossible to tell exactly where the oil that came down the pipeline went, but "with more oil, that [export] number will increase," said Milne.

Saves me the trouble.
I'm perfectly happy to tell the entire story of this sludge, that we don't need.

I'd be happy if you simply learned the difference between oil exports and refined products exports.
I'm well aware of it, TY. And also well aware of what the plans have always been for this oil, it's for export.

Semantics. That oil was always meant for export, always. China didn't drop a couple of billion into it because they wanted to help the US.

We can thank "big oil" for advancing civilization such that we are not living a third world country by our current standards.

We can thank "big oil" for advancing civilization such that we are not living a third world country by our current standards.
Oil has been very important, but not Big Oil, and oil, like everything else, is double-edged sword. We might run our economy on it, but you can't drink it, and you can't drink the water it's polluted.

Saves me the trouble.

Semantics. That oil was always meant for export, always. China didn't drop a couple of billion into it because they wanted to help the US.

We export refined products, not oil.

China didn't drop a couple of billion into it because they wanted to help the US.

They dropped a couple of billion into what, exactly?

Oil has been very important, but not Big Oil, and oil, like everything else, is double-edged sword. We might run our economy on it, but you can't drink it, and you can't drink the water it's polluted.
Big Oil is here and my water is clean. People in third world countries have much more trouble obtaining clean water than I do. Thank you "big oil"!

Big Oil is here and my water is clean. People in third world countries have much more trouble obtaining clean water than I do. Thank you "big oil"!

It's clean now.

That pipeline is going to go over the Ogallala Aquifer. Which is the water source for several states. States that grow much of the food we eat. It's not called "The Bread Basket" for no reason.

When that pipeline leaks, it's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN, it will destroy that aquifer. Which means people in several states won't have water and farmers in those states will go out of business. America will see shortages in certain food and the price of food will skyrocket.

People die without water and food.

That tar sand isn't staying in America. So it's no benefit to America.

Lastly, I have serious problems with a private company from a foreign nation stealing American's land for that pipeline. The eminent domain clause in the constitution isn't meant for private foreign companies to steal land from Americans.

It's clean now.

That pipeline is going to go over the Ogallala Aquifer. Which is the water source for several states. States that grow much of the food we eat. It's not called "The Bread Basket" for no reason.

When that pipeline leaks, it's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN, it will destroy that aquifer. Which means people in several states won't have water and farmers in those states will go out of business. America will see shortages in certain food and the price of food will skyrocket.

That tar sand isn't staying in America. So it's no benefit to America.

Lastly, I have serious problems with a private company from a foreign nation stealing American's land for that pipeline. The eminent domain clause in the constitution isn't meant for private foreign companies to steal land from Americans.

That pipeline is going to go over the Ogallala Aquifer.
Is it the only pipeline over that aquifer?

When that pipeline leaks, it's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN, it will destroy that aquifer.

How deep is it? How quickly does this oil migrate through soil?

Which means people in several states won't have water and farmers in those states will go out of business.

It's a million, billion times worse than I thought.

America will see shortages in certain food and the price of food will skyrocket.

People also die from stupidity. How are you still alive?

Lastly, I have serious problems with.....

Stupidity.

And, Union workers get unemployment instead of working putting in the pipeline.
Paying people to pollute the US, and not for very long, pass. Besides, you hate unions.

The oil gets moved by train and they pollute far more than moving it by pipeline. As a former Shop Steward in the IAM&AW I can't possibly hate private sector unions. I do think public sector Unions should be abolished, but their members don't build pipelines.

Forum List

Back