Keystone ; Unimportant.

China gets oil, Canada gets cash, We get the mess. Let's pass.

And, Union workers get unemployment instead of working putting in the pipeline.

Oh, a Union man.

Unions aren't out of work. When they strike they're not working, but the lack of oil business jobs isn't hurting them one bit. Read the link. Productoin is UP.

nice try tho .....

Why would Canada ship oil all the way south to the Gulf in order to ship it to China?
That would be liberal level stupidity.
In the mean time, the oil continues to move thru the US by train. Idiot.

Why would Canada ship oil all the way south to the Gulf in order to ship it to China?
Because they already do, dummy. Getting to the West Coast is a major problem for them since they don't own all the land, some of it is owned by Native Canadians who've said no to a pipeline. Look it up: Where Keystone s oil will go - Sep. 16 2013

And

Fact Check Keystone XL Would Ship Foreign Oil To Foreign Lands ThinkProgress

And

China dives into oil sands as U. S. balks

And

With a 5 Billion Pipeline Project Canada Looks to Bypass U.S. for Asia - WSJ

Last edited:

Because they already do, dummy. Getting to the West Coast is a major problem for them since they don't own all the land, some of it is owned by Native Canadians who've said no to a pipeline. Look it up: Where Keystone s oil will go - Sep. 16 2013

And

It's true that the 830,000 barrels a day the pipeline is slated to carry would probably replace some of the 2 million barrels a day of heavy oil currently imported to the Gulf Coast. It's generally cheaper to transport oil by pipeline than by ship, so refiners would likely opt for the Canadian crude.....
Once refined, it'll be impossible to tell exactly where the oil that came down the pipeline went, but "with more oil, that [export] number will increase," said Milne.

Thanks for posting the proof of your error.
Saves me the trouble.

And

It's true that the 830,000 barrels a day the pipeline is slated to carry would probably replace some of the 2 million barrels a day of heavy oil currently imported to the Gulf Coast. It's generally cheaper to transport oil by pipeline than by ship, so refiners would likely opt for the Canadian crude.....
Once refined, it'll be impossible to tell exactly where the oil that came down the pipeline went, but "with more oil, that [export] number will increase," said Milne.

Saves me the trouble.
I'm perfectly happy to tell the entire story of this sludge, that we don't need.

Thus was born Energy East, an improbable pipeline that its backers say has a high probability of being built. It will cost C$12 billion ($10.7 billion) and could be up and running by 2018. Its 4,600-kilometer (2,858-mile) path, taking advantage of a vast length of existing and underused natural gas pipeline, would wend through six provinces and four time zones. It would be Keystone on steroids, more than twice as long and carrying a third more crude.

Supertanker Access
Its end point, a refinery in Saint John, New Brunswick, operated by a reclusive Canadian billionaire family, would give Canada’s oil-sands crude supertanker access to the same Louisiana and Texas refineries Keystone was meant to supply.

As well, Vladimir Putin’s provocations in Ukraine are spurring interest in that oil from Europe and, strange as it seems, Saint John provides among the fastest shipping times to India of any oil port in North America. Indian companies, having already sampled this crude, are interested in more. That means oil-sands production for the first time would trade in more than dribs and drabs on the international markets. With the U.S. virtually its only buyer, the captive Canadians are subject to price discounts of as much as $43 a barrel that cost Canada $20 billion a year.

Thus was born Energy East, an improbable pipeline that its backers say has a high probability of being built. It will cost C$12 billion ($10.7 billion) and could be up and running by 2018. Its 4,600-kilometer (2,858-mile) path, taking advantage of a vast length of existing and underused natural gas pipeline, would wend through six provinces and four time zones. It would be Keystone on steroids, more than twice as long and carrying a third more crude.

Supertanker Access
Its end point, a refinery in Saint John, New Brunswick, operated by a reclusive Canadian billionaire family, would give Canada’s oil-sands crude supertanker access to the same Louisiana and Texas refineries Keystone was meant to supply.

As well, Vladimir Putin’s provocations in Ukraine are spurring interest in that oil from Europe and, strange as it seems, Saint John provides among the fastest shipping times to India of any oil port in North America. Indian companies, having already sampled this crude, are interested in more. That means oil-sands production for the first time would trade in more than dribs and drabs on the international markets. With the U.S. virtually its only buyer, the captive Canadians are subject to price discounts of as much as $43 a barrel that cost Canada $20 billion a year.
As long as they keep that gluck flowing over Canadian territory that's okay by me.

I Read it! Oil prices are expected to stay low for the current year. That's good news, but what about the next ten years or more. Let's plan ahead a little. The Keystone pipeline is important. Oil prices will rise again. Having a pipeline is safer than transporting the oil by truck or train.

I Read it! Oil prices are expected to stay low for the current year. That's good news, but what about the next ten years or more. Let's plan ahead a little. The Keystone pipeline is important. Oil prices will rise again. Having a pipeline is safer than transporting the oil by truck or train.

if you and I could predict oil futures we'd be doing something other than typing on a message board wouldn't we ? The US is quickly becoming a world power in production and supply (availability to supply) is predicted to be long term.

While domestic crude oil production is expected to level off and then slowly decline after 2020 in the Reference case, natural gas production grows steadily, with a 56% increase between 2012 and 2040, when production reaches 37.6 trillion cubic feet (Tcf).The full AEO2014 will include cases that represent alternative oil and natural gas resource and technology assumptions.

Last edited:

if you and I could predict oil futures we'd be doing something other than typing on a message board wouldn't we ? The US is quickly becoming a world power in production and supply (availability to supply) is predicted to be long term.
Due to better infrastructure for processing oil. Keystone could be a part of that. Still, the price of oil will have to go up sometime. That being said, I will be very happy for gas to stay about $2 a gallon for the rest of my life if that really happens.

And

Saves me the trouble.
I'm perfectly happy to tell the entire story of this sludge, that we don't need.

I'd be happy if you simply learned the difference between oil exports and refined products exports.

And

Saves me the trouble.

I'd be happy if you simply learned the difference between oil exports and refined products exports.
I'm well aware of it, TY. And also well aware of what the plans have always been for this oil, it's for export.

Forum List

Back